MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-21-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
dinomite
The Dude

Post BEAUTIFUL mustang, give me idea of price?

!!!!@@

This car is amazing, i want it! I'm gonna look at it at the next Mustang club meeting, what do you guys think about it? Anyone want to help me out on a price?

Pictures are here: http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showth...1&referrerid=1

His description/specs are here: http://members.aol.com/dinomite1/stang.html
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 12:11 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Well, the engine appears to be a stock 5.0 HO with a GT-40 intake on it. Since the Saleen cars were fitted with the same engine as the GT, there isn't anything to be concerned with/overwhelmed with. The stock T-5 is probably thrashed, since it appears as though this car has seen some serious track duty by the mods made.

It's been setup with a lot of the basics, and some of the advanced parts like aluminum radiator, heavy duty rear end stuff, and a racing fuel cell.

That being said, it's a race car. I certainly wouldn't want to drive around town in it. Basically no sound deading, roll cage in a high 13sec car (granted it's a road racer not a drag car), but personally, I'd like a little something in the middle. Nice to drive, fast, and handles good.

It's really hard to judge what the car's worth. It may be the Saleen, but it's been altered to the point that it no longer holds the Saleen collector value anymore, IMHO. I think it should be priced on a top GT scale. Add on the modifications, subtract for the missing interior if you plan on daily driving (not for me in that thing), and you might come up with 10k?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 08:25 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

As i started to look at it more, i saw things that it was missing. The reason that i go so excited over it is cause i love road racing, and this really looked like a goo basic setup, something to build on. As you say, it probably has had a lot of track duty, wich is a very good point that i had not thought of. I still like the car and am going to take a good look at it.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote