MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-27-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Thumbs down Don't Look if Politically Correct People ANNOY you

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,48872,00.html

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,48781,00.html

This is really getting absurd. Between complaining about CARTOONS and the gross misuse of our justice system...ARGH

On the link pertaining to slavery, I have no idea how those people possibly think the suit is appropiate...the people that supported slavery in those companies AREN'T EVEN ALIVE ANYMORE?!

*ugh* Just check out the links, and you'll see what I mean...

Belle
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

OMG, this pertains to the post about people in this world are stupid!

It's like that chick that sued McDonalds because SHE spilt HOT coffee on her... DUH!!!!!! Coffee is SUPPOSE to be HOT!!!!!
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 10:54 AM   #3
PKRWUD

I was not born a racist, and I certainly wasn't raised to be a racist, but when idiots like this pull this kind of crap, I do start to feel a deep hate and resentment. kinda funny when you think about it. All the talk of white racists recruiting the youth, where the truth is some of these people are just hated because of who they are.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb PC is NG

Mustangbelle306:

The Speedy Gonzales cartoon ban is a great indicator of how looney the PC-left has become, where everything is offensive in some way shape or form.

In a perverse way, I think it's great when they do this lame stuff, as it exposes the PC crapola for the nonsense it really is. Maybe the reasonable people that make up the real majority in America will start to wake up and reject this brainless 'PC' dogma the left has been pushing on us for years.

I suppose Pepe Lepew will be next, as I'm sure his hyper-romantic , heavily french-accented persona must offend some French people, somewhere, somehow.

When we start banning classic cartoon figures based on what may be 'offensive' to someone, we're letting the looneys take over and if we do that, we deserve what we get.

On the 'slave reparations' lawsuit; this has been coming for a long time. It's a colossal money-grab attempt that will ultimately fail and will harm race relations in America.

Most of us have nothing in our family history that had anything to do with slavery (which ended in 1863). This suit is a fraud on the public and is absurd on it's face as nothing that is alleged in the suit can be proven, as it pertains to people long dead and companies that are lightyears different than what they were in the mid 1800's.

The idea that 'America was built on the backs of slaves' is a popular belief fostered in the black community but it doesn't hold up on examination as the real weath and progress of early America was in the northeast and came as a result of the Industrial Revolution. The south, where slavery was legal and accepted, was a mostly agarian economy and while slave labor may have helped some plantation owners become wealthy, it was limited to a rather small number of landowners; not every southerner owned slaves, much less a plantation.

By the time of the Civil War, the south was moving away from the need for slave labor due to the invention of labor-saving machines and slavery would probably have become unprofitable and abandoned anyway, had the war not intervened.

All this stupid lawsuit will do is cost the companies a lot of money to fight before it's thrown out of court. Meanwhile, lots of whites will be annoyed if not angry at the blacks for trying to play the 'slavery card' to get rich, almost 14 decades after slavery ended in this country.

It's wrong, it's divisive and it will fail, as will the PC excesses if we simply say 'No' and stop trying to be all things to all people, everywhere.

Hey, the constitution guarantees 'Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness'. It doesn't include a right to never be 'offended' by some people or things. Let's grow up and stop pretending that it does. If we don't, this kind of cartoon-ban lunacy and slave reparations lawsuits will never end, and we'll all be the poorer for it. Let's take back our country from the loons that push this PC drivel and simply be Americans again, without the hyphens and the class distinctions that divide us.

It's ultimately up to us to decide what we want our country to be. These news items show us the liberal-leftist PC-driven way and what results. How about we abandon that path and go back to 'live and let live' and follow Dr. Martin Luther King's dream of simply being judged by the content of our character, not the color of our skin'. I'm an American, Screw PC.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Ok here's a little history lesson for ya!!!

The civil was NOT fought over slavery, as some people would like to belive. Here's the scoop.

The south was trading with Europeian nations, because they could get better quality goods for cheaper than the Northern factories could provide. So stop this, the North raised the import tax to they highest in US history. Then the south LEGALY succeded. The only way for the north to get it's money was to force the south back into the union. If succesion was illegal, why was Jefferson Davis never tried on criminal charges???? Do you want to know why the history of the civil war is like it is? It's because the north wrote the history!!!

People have this idea that all southern people owned slaves. This couldn't be farther from the true. Only about 2% of the southern population owned slaves and less than 1% owned more than 3. A slave was several thousand dollars. Only the VERY rich could afford hundreds of slaves. That would be like my owning 300 Porches.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:16 PM   #6
PKRWUD

Screw this. I have a better idea. I say rather than them filing a lawsuit, they should instead pay all white families who can trace their families back to the 1860's in America. They seem to be overlooking the fact that WE ENDED SLAVERY. It's a known fact that many of those who became slaves were sold into slavery by their own families. They should be filing suit against Africa.

Speaking of which, as long as I'm on a rant, what the f is up with "African American"??? I asked a black friend of mine what part of Africa he was from, and he didn't have a clue. Said he had never been there, and personally thought this whole African American designation rather stupid. What was Jimi Hendrix, and African Englishman?

I really detest stupidity, and even worse are those that make no attempt to do any better. The only person on this Earth I owe anything to is my Mother. Anyone else tries to get anything from me because they are too damn lazy to get a job better have fast reflexes.

Sorry. I'm pissed, now. A damn lawsuit. What a bunch of braindead crack addicts.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 03-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #7
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

To Mr 5 0's comments:

-----Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?!?-----

I agree completely, and as most of you probably feel the same way, I too can't stand PC Crap. It does nothing to accomplish anything productive, except as was stated, alert us on how stupid some people really are. I agree that we need to reject overzealous political correctness and go back to common sense. But the sad fact is, if these PC supporters/promoters( who are far leftists') used common sense, they wouldn't have an argument or even a chicken leg to stand on. (I sincerely hope that no chickens were offended by that comment as I meant no harm.) So, we are left hearing about this garbage on the news about every week or so, and wondering why? Why even bother to remove a cartoon from a program, because a small minority of people might find an accent offensive? I don't know. Thankfully, when God created me, he remembered to hook my brain up to the rest of my body and include all the vitals of thought processing such as COMMON SENSE.

About the slavery issue. I also agree with Mr 50's comments on that, and the sad fact is that most of the propaganda spewed forth by "leaders" such as Jesse and Al, fools most of the sheep into believing that is what really happened and if they don't do something about it......blah, blah, blah. It just creates more division and anger. Not a good thing, but that seems to be the ONLY way to "even" things out and close the racial divide according to them. Whatever, its all about greed.

Yeah, I'm getting disgusted thinking about this. Time to simmer down and focus on more important issues. Such as Mustangs, stroker engines, Yates cylinder heads.............ahhhhhh Yates cylinder heads...........Okay, I'm better now.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:39 PM   #8
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

The question of whether or not it was ILLEAGAL to succeed is what the war was all about. The soon to be Confederate states believed strongly in the sovereignty of the individual states. However, under the Constitution of the United States of America, the trend had shifted away from the idea of confederacy, where more or less independent states joined into a beneficial union while remaining autonomous, into an idea of a union which was divided into states.

The southern states where angry at some of the new laws which were being passed by the populous north which they perceived as threatening their livelyhood. The election of Lincoln escalated their feeling of helplessness to the point where they felt succession was the only course to sustain their way of life. The war began over whether there was an inherent right for a state to succeed from the union under its sovereign rights. Slavery was an issue, but it was not what the war was fought over. It was over the right of individual states and the extent of power they held within themselves.

What really pisses me off is how history has been corrupted with liberal ideals and notions to where it is no longer taught as it happened. What did we learn in school....the civil war was fought over slavery. Horse-hockey. There are even those who try and claim that the Holocaust never happened. If you read a history book used in our public schools, and you know anything at all about history, you will see obvious eronious and horrendously mistaken accounts of history. I guess history is just that....written accounts subjective to the slant of the author.

Another current issue is that of the confederate flag as a symbol. People say that it represents slavery. Yeah, whatever. It's funny how the VAST majority of those feeling that way are black. THEY are the one's who can't let go. How many of you other southern folks look upon it and automatically think, "SLAVERY....YEE HAW....Let's put those folk back in the fields workin' on a hoe." I know I don't and that most others from the south don't either. I look upon it as a symbol of the ideal of confederacy. A piece of history which should be remembered, not burried under new age feel-goodism and swept under the rug. It's a battle flag...one of hundreds used during the war...upon which people can look and recall the sacrifice made by thousands and thousands of confederate soldiers and union soldiers, each fighting for what they believed. It's HISTORY!! It HAPPENED!! Almost 700,000 AMERICANS fought and died in the Civil War. Sure, it's ugly. But just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it should be forgotten! As soon as history is forgotten, it repeats itself. It should be remembered and learned from, and the lives of those who died should be honored with that memory.

The significance of the civil war is this: the fact that Americans have, throughout history, felt strongly enough about what they believed to fight or even die for it. I wonder now where that feeling has gone in the majority of the population. Liberalists have pushed the envelope to the point where now everything is acceptable....there is no set boundary of right or wrong. Heck, if someone's doing it, they must have some inherent right to do so. Ok...I'll give them that. If someone wants to participate is something that is wrong....it's their choice. However, don't try and tell me that I have to accomodate that person because of what they are or what they do or accept them for what they are. I guess if I don't accept everyone...or I should say, accept what everyone does, then that makes me (by liberalist standards) a biggot or a narrow minded, prejudice person. So be it. I guess I'm labeled. That is my inherent right. So, using liberalist logic, I guess me being a narrow minded prejudice biggot is something that I cannot help, and therefor, special accomodations should be made by everyone else to accept that.

You see where the vicious circle goes?

Now, I'm not a prejudice person. I don't hate people who believe differently than myself. I might not agree with them, but that's my right. Don't tell me that I have to agree. If someone does something that I don't agree with, I don't hate that person. I hate what they've done. I'll accept the person, but I will not accept the actions that go against what I believe.

Anyway, I managed to move from a civil war discussion into an ethical/political one...but I guess that's really what the war was all about....political and ethical rights.

On the original topic...I agree that these sue happy people are just idiots trying to make something out of nothing. We've always put people on pedestals who fought for a cause: Rosa Parks...Martin Luther King....Susan B. Anthony, and rightly so in these instances. However, this new generation of would-be heroics, in their vain attempt to become something which they so obiously are not, grab blindly at any and every cause with the hopes that they, too, will be immortalized. They have succeded in my mind. They will be immortalized as the less-than-bright morons that they are.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by silver_pilate; 03-27-2002 at 02:52 PM..
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 03:06 PM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i am no racist but i have a lot of rebel flag's i collect them ,i hate that the klan & skinhead's use it as a hate symbol, i have 2 guy's who work for me one is black the other is white ,guess who my right hand man is the black guy ,because he has more sense & is more mature,& one heck of a nice guy,we are going fishing next weekend. do i hate him -he--- no he is one of my best friend's,the only slave's alive today are us working stiff's who pay out the welfare,no matter what color.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 04:15 PM   #10
Mr 5 0

Exclamation PC is NG, Part II

Originally posted by crazy horse gt

i am no racist but i have a lot of rebel flag's i collect them ,i hate that the klan & skinhead's use it as a hate symbol.

I hate that the Klan uses the cross, too. How dare they? A symbol of love and sacrifice like the world has never known used as a symbol of hate and violence. Don't get me started.

Marty, don't fall into the trap of feeling that you have to state upfront that you're not a racist. That's the liberal's game; they attempt to start all discussions on anything even remotely racial with the premise that all whites are genetically racist and have to 'prove' they aren't, usually by admitting that they 'really' are and of course, any deviation from the leftist ideology 'proves' you must be racist. It's a circular argument of course and a favorite liberal debating ploy. To counteract it, insist the liberal 'prove' your alleged racism without resorting to cliches and tired liberal orthodoxy to make the point. They can't.

America is one of the few nations on earth that outlawed and rejected slavery and while we've treated blacks poorly in some cases, we've also remedied that in the past 40 years and now, some of the most popular (and richest) people in America are black (Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan) and institutional racism is dead.
We want Dr. King's 'colorblind' society and the liberals and far too many black followers want the opposite. It's tragic.

Where all of us once were happy for the equal opportunity America offered, now too many blacks want to be handed something for nothing - taken from somebody else's pocket - and complain that it isn't enough and you took too long to give it to them.

A lot of this 'gimme' and 'You owe me' attitude among minorities - manifested in the outrageous 'reparations' lawsuit - is traced straight to the liberal brainwashing they receive from the likes of Jesse (Who's your Daddy?) Jackson and 'Rev.' Al Sharpton, along with the Black Muslim influence that hangs around to this day, all promoted and encouraged by guilty white liberals who use this black sense of entitlement as a wedge for segregating and dividing blacks and whites. This weakens the black community and promotes resentment from whites, with no real benefit to blacks, but lots of benefits to liberal politicians and black race hustlers like Jesse Jackson. Don't buy into it for a moment. Wanting a fair and equitible society without special breaks and endless accomodations to vocal minority groups (not only blacks) is not 'racist' but just common sense, something sorely missing in most racially-based discussions with liberals.

the only slaves alive today are us working stiff's who pay out the welfare,no matter what color.

Good one! Unfortunately, all too true.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:21 PM   #11
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I completely agree with everything said above...glad to see most people on this site are quality individuals

Oh, and an interesting fact. Pictures from the past few Klan marches in DC depict the front marchers holding the AMERICAN FLAG...guess that's the next to go, huh...
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 08:07 PM   #12
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

thats funny, why did they wait so long to file a lawsuit? i mean its been over 100 years! they say its not for money. hmmm. now they come up to the stand and complain! where were they say about 20 years ago? did any history of slavery change from 20 years to now? they are in it for the money. if they arent, the should use that money (if it goes to court and they win) and give it to charity, or a good cause, all of the money! sounds like a scapegoat to me. past was the past, you snooze you lose!
Old 03-28-2002, 02:49 AM   #13
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

There are just too many idiots in this world.. I'm moving to an island with a dragstrip.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:43 PM   #14
PKRWUD

Something I don't understand is this double standard that exists about living in a "colorblind" society. We (white folks) are supposed to see the worlds people as one. We are not supposed to identify someone by their race or ethnic background. But this doesn't seem to apply to any one else. take for example this weeks Oscars. There was so much made of the fact that it was the first time a black woman won the best actress, and that it was significant that both the best acting Oscars were won by a black actor and actress. What happend to being colorblind? What about the Latin Grammy Awards? Does that mean we can have a White Grammy Awards, and intentionally shun everyone else? For that matter, what about the NAACP? Why is it permissible to have an organization who's primary purpose is the betterment of a particular race or ethic group, as long as they're not white. If you started an organization who's primary directive was to better the life of white people, you would clearly be classified as a racist, and condemned by most. I'm not saying white folks are oppressed, but there is a clear double standard, and I'm kinda sick of it.

And they're filing a lawsuit.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 03-28-2002, 01:31 PM   #15
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Something I don't understand is this double standard that exists about living in a "colorblind" society. We (white folks) are supposed to see the worlds people as one. We are not supposed to identify someone by their race or ethnic background. But this doesn't seem to apply to any one else. take for example this weeks Oscars. There was so much made of the fact that it was the first time a black woman won the best actress, and that it was significant that both the best acting Oscars were won by a black actor and actress. What happend to being colorblind? What about the Latin Grammy Awards? Does that mean we can have a White Grammy Awards, and intentionally shun everyone else? For that matter, what about the NAACP? Why is it permissible to have an organization who's primary purpose is the betterment of a particular race or ethic group, as long as they're not white. If you started an organization who's primary directive was to better the life of white people, you would clearly be classified as a racist, and condemned by most. I'm not saying white folks are oppressed, but there is a clear double standard, and I'm kinda sick of it.

And they're filing a lawsuit.

Take care,
-Chris

I'm sick of it too...
Old 03-28-2002, 02:33 PM   #16
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

It's blatant reverse descrimination. Just like affirmative action.

Another thing that miffs me....the refusal to see injustices done in the past by other races. For instance, a large majority of the African citizens sold into slavery were sold to the white men by fellow black Africans. There were coastal tribes who made thier living off of selling those they had captured from weaker tribes. I'm not saying that this is right, but why don't those activists seeking retribution go to Africa and prosecute the tribes there?? Hell, the people of Israel were held in captivity three hundred years and you don't see them crying about it. They've moved past it to become one of the strongest militarized nations in the world. The use of slaves has been documented world wide throughout recorded history. That doesn't make it right, but America is supposed to have moved past all of this. Funny how these activists keep bringing it back up.

How about the native American? Everyone cries about the poor native American, and how he was forced off his land and into reservations. Sure, the government broke treaties with the Indians, and they were mistreated. But what about the tribes who were here before them? What about the people of the Anasazi? They had large cities with paved trade routes traversing 100's of miles. The next thing we know, they're living on meza tops, and finally, they reside in cliff dwellings. No one really knows what happened, but fierce tribes from the north apparently began attacking the Anasazi. They were forced to defend themselves in fortified cities. And then they disappeared off the face of the earth. Legend has it that they returned to where they came from through a hole in the ground, but in reality, they were wiped out, and the few remaining were assimilated into other cultures. It's been happening since time began. One people lives at a location for hundreds of years until a stronger people move in and wipe them out or assimilate them. It happened in Asia. It happened in Europe. It happened in Africa. And it happened in America. It's nothing new. Just the way of the world. We did to the native american what he did to the people living there before him.

It's the way of the world...no one ever said it would be fair or just, but just that it would continue until history ends.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:06 PM   #17
Mr 5 0

Thumbs down PC is NG, Part III

PKRWUD:

We're all getting sick of it, as you must have guessed by now.

The 'white' backlash to the never-ending 'racism' charge from blacks and every other minority group plus the white liberals who promote this concept of the white man as oppressor is coming. Blacks have done a lot of damage to race relations the past ten years and this absurd demand for 'reparations' is going to have a severe negative effect on the whole concept of 'brotherhood' and 'colorblind'.

To answer your question as to why minorities can have numerous organizations catering to the supposed betterment of their race yet never be called racist is encapsulated in my post to Marty (crazy horse) above.

The basic premise is that since 'whites' are in the majority in America, they have all the power and they are inherently racist. Hence, any non-white group; black, latino, asian, 'native' American, etc cannot be 'racist' because they have no power to do the white race any damage, economically or otherwise.

This, of course, is total BS and we all know it.

The game is to pretend that the minority appears to always be 'oppressed' by the genetic 'racism' of the all-powerful white race and so, must band together to 'fight racism' and make breakthroughs in society.

A handy conceit that makes all whites the devil and all minorities angelic and striving against 'Da Man'. Feeling used yet? Of course, this concept of the oppressed minority works just as well when used as an excuse for the group failures.

70% black illegitimacy rate? Racism is the cause.

56% of convicted prisoners black (out of group that comprises 13% of the population). Racism, obviously.

Education levels well below whites and drop-out rates way above whites? You guessed it; racism.

Unemployment levels higher for blacks than whites. Yep, gotta be that old debil, racism.

You get the picture.

As for the black love-fest at the Oscar awards; I thought it was funny that Halle Berry (who - let's face it folks - looks like a white woman with a nice tan) wailed about it taking '74 years' to win the Best Actress award when the people who cast the actors, make the films and decide who gets the awards at Oscar time are not the public but the Hollywood honchos she was looking at in that audience.

What hypocrisy! Berry and the idiots gushing over her, like that wide-mouth ditz Julia Roberts, act as if the general public had somehow prevented her from winning the Academy Award. Not us girl, it's the Hollywood crowd that you loooove so much that decides these things. The white people have made many black actors - including Halle Berry - multi-millionaires by paying big bucks for overpriced movie tickets. Berry's lament inferred that racist whites were still holding down 'her people' (she's got a white mother but never mind, we're playing the race card and her white heritage is quickly dismissed) even as Denzel Washington (black) received the best actor award and Sidney Poitier (black) received a Special Oscar recognizing his achivements over a 55-year career and his Oscar for Best Actor received in 1964, back when America was still supposed to be nothing short of a lynch mob where blacks were concerned. Right.

If there's racism in the movies, it's from the studios, writers, producers and directors that don't ask for, write for and demand more black-oriented films, while patting themselves on the back about how enlightened and progressive they are. Don't get me started.

Institutional racism in America is dead and most whites are far from racist. The constant cry of racism from the black race hustlers and liberals who encourage this lie is tearing racial relations apart in this country, to no good end for either race, especially blacks.
When more black people wake up and realize that there is ample opportunity to succeed in America and that 'racism' is more of an excuse for complaining than a reality, they'll embrace the general goodwill of whites toward blacks and join us in making a decent life, instead of wallowing in poverty, complaining that the country owes them a living and is late in delivering it.

Unfortunately, victimhood seems to be awful tempting for many and 'racism' such a convenient excuse for any personal failure that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this imagined epiphany to occur anytime soon.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:36 PM   #18
srv1
Get down.....

Default excuses, excuses

i agree with most of what all of you people said. is there any latino, african and asians on this message board who would speak up and maybe tell us something we(white race) dont know? are we missing something? i think that the majority of us would be all ears of what you have to say. maybe you can help clear this up.

i tell this to everybody who doesnt have a job and IS capable of working,

GET A JOB, EARN A LIVING AND PUT BACK INTO THE SYSTEM OR GET THE HELL OUT!

SRV1...
Old 03-30-2002, 04:52 PM   #19
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on lawsuits? LOL. Anyway, they should be forced to pay court costs if they lose.

As for Speedy Gonzales, what about "Killa" on DBZ? Maybe they'll have to ban that. Cartoon Network is pretty hypocritical in this case, but most of the lazy American population will see their stand as being a noble and good organizaion so it's good PR.

As far as us oppressing the black people in this country, here's my solution. For those suing over slavery, charge them for their rent and board where they were enslaved to offset the current suit. Then sue for the government aid they have received for the last 150 years, and give them a free boat ticket on a rickety sailing vessel back to Africa.

People who know nothing love to point at numbers like the ones Mr 5.0 was sarcastically noting. 13% of the Black population makes up 56% of the prison population. Here's an idea. They commit more crimes due to the black culture and it's misguided belief there is a great racist sector keeping them oppressed among other things?

Politcal correctness is annoying (sorry couldn't resist reading this anyway, Belle) but I don't see it getting any better right now. Most people are average Joe Shmoe ready to buy into the garbage flowing out of the aggressive liberal agenda. Society is choosing to make norms into laws so the common person can enforce their will upon other people who aren't like them. Freedom in America has been greatly reduced and challenged. Wonder if anybody will figure that out before it's too late to reverse it?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:02 PM   #20
mean81GT
Registered Member

"I guess history is just that....written accounts subjective to the slant of the author. "

This quote applies to more than just the racism issue. but this is not a religious debate.

I work with a black man. Tell me if this is what you people see too. Whenever America as a whole does something against another country (i.E. Afghanistan) he makes a statement like "americans think this..." or " american's think that...". I ask him what nationality he is, and he says he is Jamaican. He has lived in this country for over 35 years.

I typed something more than this, but I deleted it all. i am getting too emotional about it, i should not go further for my own sake. sorry.