MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #21
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

Cute girls who drive Mustangs. This super hot girl in a newer sonic blue V6 Mustang got by me the other night on my drive home. Wow. I probably would have mumbled something out if I had the chance.

I'm... I'm... I like your car, what's your... I'm Kell. Nice to meet you.

My brain totally switched off. It was like all the blood just went rushing somewhere else??? HAHAHHAAH
Kell hurts himself to get the girl, ie walks into doors. Isn't that the Florance Nightingale affect?

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 04:02 PM   #22
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangII460
Have you hugged a cop today?

Pass me a doughnut please.............
#1 No, but if she's cute and drives a Mustang no problem.

#2 Come up here and I'll have an excuse to get some. I like Hans Bakery better than Krispy Kreme so I recommend having me go there. I really need to set up that comparison, but nobody's been around for the past couple weekends!! I like the custard filled long johns, bismarks... well, I like em all!! None of that powdered sugar junk though. As far as being a doughnut eater... I'm guilty as charged Hehehehe

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163

Kell hurts himself to get the girl, ie walks into doors. Isn't that the Florance Nightingale affect?
That actually works, as lame as it may sound. I've seen it in action on some VERY hot girls.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 04:24 PM   #23
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
I like the custard filled long johns
Okay Kell, I love you like a brother, but I didn't need to know that.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 04:30 PM   #24
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Cops

If you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about! - RED92LX50

The above is officially nominated as a candidate for the most naive statement on this thread.

The ultimate winner receives a ticket for having dirty tires, just because a cop felt like doing it.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 05:55 PM   #25
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Talking

Chris, I would have said eclaires, but the super cute Hans Bakery counter girls say those are the round doughnuts with the open top and custard filled in the center.

Somebody help me out on doughnut terminology to avoid future embarassment? I don't have a badge so I'm just an amature!
Old 05-26-2002, 01:18 PM   #26
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

heres my 2 cents. The cop seemed preatty fair, he could have been a dick and gave him the bigger ticket. Although, I would have just gave a warning, but thats me.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 07:03 AM   #27
RED92LX50
Registered Member

I don't really consider myself naive...then again, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone is not out to get you...

My personal experience with cops (about 10 tickets for varying offenses over the last 20 years) has been that 9 out of ten times they REDUCE the charge to less than what I was actually doing. This also appears to be the case with MANY of the other people who post their experiences.

Anybody who got a ticket for "dirty tires" was probably a real ***** to the cop and IMO got what they should have. You can't honestly tell me that if a cop pulled you over, and you were courteous, you would drive away with a ticket for "dirty tires".
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:00 AM   #28
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

I, personally, have no time to be paranoid, with all these Nazi's chasing me and all these people staring at me.... *twitch twitch*

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:07 PM   #29
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Naivete

RED92LX50:

Personally, I've had little problem with police giving me a hassle over tickets. I drive a red Mustang ('90 LX) that you can 'hear' yet I've never been pulled over on some pretense by a cop. Like you, I've had charges reduced and I once got off with a written warning when I was caught - on radar - doing 46 in a 25 zone, so I have no personal animus toward police traffic enforcement or cops in general.

However, when I see statements that start with the phrase: 'If you don't do anything wrong..." I cringe a bit. Based on my own youthful experiences and those of many of our members that have related them here, police - especially the 'local' police - tend to notice - and focus attention - on young guys with loud or fast cars (or both).

Since there are a few hundred (or thousand) traffic laws, a determined, hard-assed cop can give you a ticket for just about anything, like 'unsafe start' or 'illegal lane change' and it's going to be his word against yours. Guess who wins?

I have a black aquaintance who gets stopped a few times a year for 'DWB' - Driving While Black - as he calls it. Some cop hassles him for a crooked license plate or some other bogus 'violation' and he strongly suspects that his race has something to do with it. This is a guy in his 30's, a suit and tie type who drives econocars, not a Mustang or a 'pimpmobile'. I think he's on to something, here.

I only mention this because it highlights my point about being stopped for 'nothing' and simply not breaking any laws doesn't automatically protect anyone from police harrassment.

I agree that a snotty attitude will almost guarantee a ticket during any traffic stop but I maintain that young guys in performance cars - like Mustangs - are often 'targeted' - no matter how well they obey the traffic laws. I believe this is simply police prejudice, possibly based on experience, possibly just handed-down bias from other cops.

So while your experience and even my experience with police and ticketing may be mostly positive, to assume that if you're a 'good boy' nothing bad can happen to you at the hands of traffic police is just, well, naive.

The real world isn't quite that simple or that kind and while obeying the law is certainly a good idea, it doesn't guarantee you won't be hassled for other reasons, including the car you drive, by traffic cops.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 11:34 PM   #30
7up
Registered Member

Cops are people. There are good ones and there are bad ones just like any profession. Being a cop you have more power than the average person and are able to really screw someone over if you want. Saying that if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing wrong seems really bogus to me.

When I flipped my Corvette into an irrigation ditch I was sited for driving to fast for the conditions. It had been raining and the roads were wet, but I was going below the speed limit on the highway and I had three witnesses that said I was not speeding or doing anything wrong, I was just on a very slick road in dry confitions and when it rained I had bad luck and my back end slid out on me while I was braking. The cop didn't want to give me a ticket, but while he was using the bathroom at my parents house and talking to his superior officer on his phone, his superior told him he had to give me a ticket because I got in an accident. The cop told me to go to court and they would throw out the ticket he was very cool about it.

I went to court and the DA's assistant saw me and told me I should have just paid my fine and not gone to court because its never going to help to go to court. You are just going to pay more court fees and he is not going to lower or drop the ticket. I tried to explain the what happened and how the witnesses saw it and he wouldn't talk to me or listen to me. I could tell he pissed he was there and just wanted to get rid of me. He wasn't a cop, but it shows what people in a position of power can do and how they are able to abuse their power. I even told the Da guy what the cop said and how he thought I shouldn't get a ticket. He said that really pisses him off when cops go beyond their duties and try try to decide what the law should be, while at the same time he was doing the exact same thing. It was so frustrating!!!

I have heard many stories from friends and relatives about cops doing the same sort of thing this da guy did. My mom got a ticket for the same thing unit was talking about, driving on the shoulder for about ten feet to get in the turn lane. Tell me how that deserves a ticket?
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:01 AM   #31
RED92LX50
Registered Member

Smile

Mr 5.0 - I agree with what you are saying, and I realize that some cops can take advantage of their positions and cite individuals for whatever they want.

However, I don't agree that cops can go into court and say whatever they want, and the judge will believe them over the defendant (just look at the OJ trial). Also, with the ACLU, I bet your DWB friend could make some good money from "illegal" pull-overs - ...if he isn't doing anything wrong in the first place...
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:33 AM   #32
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Well, the OJ thing is kinda a bad example He had a team of lawyers. Haha, something that I, unfortunately do not have! But you both have valid points!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 02:14 PM   #33
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Quote:
I was going to work this morning and I gunned it a little bit around a turn and I got a little bit of tire spin and then I shifted to second and mt back end slid out about 3 or 4 feet and I took off a little bit.

Haha, I did the same thing last week. I slid sideways onto a main street, right in front of a statie. I waved, he waved back, and I was on my way.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 04:57 PM   #34
jimberg
Registered Member

I was on a rural road by my house last Friday where I thought the speed limit was 55. I spotted two sheriffs coming the opposite direction so I slowed down, but when I passed them one of them made a fast u-turn. When I saw that I just pulled over on to the shoulder and waited. The guy didn't even need to turn on his lights. He took my license and asked me for my proof of insurance. I gave him the license but couldn't find the insurance card. He asked me what I thought the speed limit was, he corrected me and told me it was 50 and that I was going 67. He told me about his concern for my speed and I apologized before he headed back to his car for the 5 second lookup of my record and the obligatory 15 minute break to work on his crossword puzzle. He came back and told me that he was just giving me a ticket for not having my proof of insurance which isn't really a ticket at all if I am truly insured.

They did the same kind of thing for my wife who was speeding on the same road. We didn't put the new stickers on yet since the weather was still pretty crappy so he gave her a fix-it ticket for that.

My experience is that cops can be pretty cool if you're cool to them. It might also help to have a minor infraction that they can ticket you for instead of the moving violation, as well. I'm not sure about that one, though, so don't blame it on me if it doesn't work.

I was in my Mustang, of course, and my wife was in the Mountaineer.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:20 PM   #35
PKRWUD

Do you and Kell live in opposite corners of the state? After reading your reply, and several of his, I have come to the conclusion that there must be two Minnesota's out there. Which ever one it is that has the governor who stole his name from our fair city, tell him we want it back!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-29-2002, 05:30 PM   #36
jimberg
Registered Member

Kell and I are practically in the same neighborhood, though I've never met him. There aren't two Minnesotas, just two different Minnesotans. I have more problems with Wisconsin cops. I HATE Wisconsin.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:26 PM   #37
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by jimberg
Kell and I are practically in the same neighborhood, though I've never met him. There aren't two Minnesotas, just two different Minnesotans.
That's pretty much what I always figured, but he is pretty convincing!

Quote:
I have more problems with Wisconsin cops. I HATE Wisconsin.
Hmmmmm. I'll have to remember that.

BTW, PACKERS RULE!!!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:19 PM   #38
Unit 5302
Registered Member

There is only one Minnesota. Rogers is on the very outskirts of the metro. I don't think they even have their own police force anymore do they?

I believe the Sheriff's patrol Rogers now as the acting police force. I could be wrong, as there were a lot of people opposed to the idea of having no local police to respond to problems? Same state, same general area, but way different police forces. Champlin is hard core, Brooklyn Park is actually a good force. They do little of the speed trap junk. I've certainly noticed a dramatic cut back in the number of cars pulled over again. There was a point where they were giving out a lot of tickets, but the public probably complained? The Sheriff's are pretty cool around here, actually. I've been pulled over a couple times and gotten off with nothing more than a warning. The local cops on the other hand....

Cities to avoid

Champlin
Anoka
Plymouth
Golden Valley
New Brighton
St. Anthony
New Hope
Minnetonka
Maple Grove
Columbia Heights

I've seen WAY more people pulled over in those area's than others. I don't get out to the east side of the Metro much, nor do I get up north a whole lot, but watch it in town St. Cloud, they'll bust you for anything.

Hey jimberg, you must be loving the expansion of Maple Grove, huh? I always drive a few extra miles to get out there. Even the Wal Mart is nice.