MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2003, 07:22 AM   #1
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool House Boat

I just bought one, it's 28 x 16. It has a bed room, bath, and kitchen. I will do a little remodeling, but only to better utilise the space. It took 5hours and 45 min to push it to the place I wanted it to be. I traded a table top band saw and a lower unit for an outboard motor for it. I have always wanted one. It is so much fun going spend the weekends "at the camp" I burned just under 15 gals in the almost 6 hours that it took, not bad. Well from now on I have a getaway. We caught 3 snapping turtles and cooked them for dinner Sunday. Sat night I was treated to a 1" thick T-bone at the new neighbors camp. I will put some crawfish traps out in a few weeks, thats always fun and profitable. Oh, for all you snow bound folks, I even got in the water, Had to cut a big log for the guy that cooked the steaks. He collects cypress logs and has them cut for lumber, but he is too old to get in the water with a chain saw. I do any thing he ask, it is always benificial. But I think I would do it reguardless. Well this summer should be great. I wish every one here could come visit and go fishing with me. I even had a mixed drink (Crown and 7) sat night, it relaxed me pretty good. I have not had a drink in many years. Well I just am happy and had to tell yall.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:01 AM   #2
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Thumbs up

Congrats! Sounds like fun.

I've never been on a house boat.

I have water issues ..
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: House Boat

Quote:
Originally posted by 88workcar
I just bought one, it's 28 x 16. It has a bed room, bath, and kitchen. I will do a little remodeling, but only to better utilise the space. It took 5hours and 45 min to push it to the place I wanted it to be. I traded a table top band saw and a lower unit for an outboard motor for it. I have always wanted one. It is so much fun going spend the weekends "at the camp" I burned just under 15 gals in the almost 6 hours that it took, not bad. Well from now on I have a getaway. We caught 3 snapping turtles and cooked them for dinner Sunday. Sat night I was treated to a 1" thick T-bone at the new neighbors camp. I will put some crawfish traps out in a few weeks, thats always fun and profitable. Oh, for all you snow bound folks, I even got in the water, Had to cut a big log for the guy that cooked the steaks. He collects cypress logs and has them cut for lumber, but he is too old to get in the water with a chain saw. I do any thing he ask, it is always benificial. But I think I would do it reguardless. Well this summer should be great. I wish every one here could come visit and go fishing with me. I even had a mixed drink (Crown and 7) sat night, it relaxed me pretty good. I have not had a drink in many years. Well I just am happy and had to tell yall.
I'm always up for some good fishing. Where about is Pierre Part, LA? I couldnt help but notice that in your sig it says Tommie Vaughn Ford Screwed you. What exactly happened? I buy all of my stuff from them and I cant afford the shaft.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:24 AM   #4
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Hey 88... did you change the color of your car from purple to lime green?
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #5
RBatson
Registered Member

Thumbs up

That sounds like alot of fun! Everyone needs a getaway spot. Ok, I've eaten alligator and frog legs but.... turtles?!? hehe.. I would have never thought that, although I did see the 3 stooges put one in a butter churn and make butter out it(LOL). Ummm... are there gators in that crawfish infested water? Just wondering, not so sure I'd be as quick to jump in. Man, I'd love to see pics of that campground/site. Houseboat living, that has to be a slow relaxing life.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #6
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

Pierre Part, if you take La 70 off of I-10 between New Orleans and Baton Rouge and head south for 25 mins. You will pass by a mailbox that has GOD on it, we're right passed that.

TVM- let them owe you some money, 4 months and all I could get was 30%

Yes my car was purple, 5 cars got painted that color after me, now their are 6 green ones. I think HOT PINK is next.

Today I was working my driveway, prepairing for cement. Too guys passed in a ricer. The passenger was holding a snapping turtle by the tail, out the window. We were laughing like crazy, but they were going home with supper. That's the kind of crap you would see on water boy.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote