MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-03-2001, 10:41 AM   #1
Coupe Devil

Post What to do.

Ok heres'the delima. I am still paying for (out of my own stupidness) the 93 stang that I am using for a daily driver. I want a new Maruder when they come out next year real bad. I have a built 306 and t-5 i can sell and get real close to paying off the 93. I could save money for a year and use it and trade the 4 banger in next year. Which would be all cool with me but, I want a hot rod. I found a 90 4banger that needs a motor and tranny, I can get it for 300 bucks. The body is straight. It doensnt need anything other than a motor and tranny which I have. I know the 306 and t-5 wont be much but it would suit me just fine for a weekend warrior.

Also I can get a 86 v6 auto notch that runs and drives for 600. It needs a new deck lid but thats it. It is a freinds of mine and would like to have it a little more.

What should I do? I really like those new Marauders. I think I would be able to afford one if I saved for a year and traded the stang in. Help Please. One problem about the marauders is there only gonna make like 14,000 of em'. WHose to say I could even get one if I could afford it.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it).

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever

[This message has been edited by pony_power_90 (edited 08-03-2001).]
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 03:06 AM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Would you be able to afford to make another hot rod while you payed off the marauder?
My opinion is that you should keep the engine and trans you have and buy the marauder with your money. There will ALWAYS be fox body mustangs around (especially ones that are non-V8) that people want to get rid of real cheap, so you shouldn't even worry about finding another mustang for that engine and trans. You may have to delay building the hot rod stang for awhile, but i can tell you that there's no shortage of cheap mustangs to use as shells for a hot rod. Good luck!

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote