MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-14-2001, 01:41 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Red face Things that go BUMP in the Night! Not car related!

Okay, I'm not nuts, maybe a little off kilter and crazy, but not actually nuts.

I was just wondering how many of you all believe in Spirits/ghosts? I know I do, have for as long as I can remember. Have reason to also.

If my friend Eric ever gets off his lazy butt and posts, he can attest to it.

Just curious.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 02:38 PM   #2
jimberg
Registered Member

I believe in that stuff. My wife worked in this old house in Highland Park Illinois. It was originally built to act as the home for the Commandant of Fort Sheridan and then later served as a brothel for some years during the depression. It's well over 100 years old.

Anyway, my wife said that sometimes when she was working there late at night, she would hear old time music playing on a piano in this one long narrow staircase. It was really faint. One of the housekeepers that the owners hired over the years actually quit when one day she saw the figure of a man leaning on the piano in the living room.

Since this is coming from my wife, I have no reason to doubt her.

I did spend the night there, once, but the only thing that happened was the alarm went off in the middle of the night for no reason. I can't say that was a ghost, but it was pretty damn scary. We watched Evil Dead before we went to bed that night.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 04:39 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I know i see things off in the corner of my eye all the time and wonder what they are. I just think they are mustang withdrawals.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 06:50 AM   #4
84stangLX

69fastback-
I call those things that dissappear out of the corner of your eyes gnomes. I've heard other people say leprechauns, but i stick with gnomes.
Mercury-
I've NEVER believed in ghost until a year ago. Me and my best friend, another friend and his girl friend went to a "haunted graveyard" that was actually in the middle of a forest with a path through someone's back yard.
The history of this graveyard is that some murderers had been buried there (as STORY would dictate) and that satanists owned the house next door (there were actually candles all over the inside window sills and pentagrams on the trees below in the forest). there were also stories of people digging up bodies for skulls and other bones for rituals and stuff.
We were going to do the "11 steps to hell" (there were steps in this graveyard for no apparent reason - the legend goes that if you walk down 7 and go back up 3 and turn around in the middle of the night that you can see the what appears to be satan and the entrance to hell....never saw it or even found the steps so i didn't believe it), anyways. We get my friends 3 flashlights. Add ALL NEW BATTERIES WE BOUGHT AT A STORE prior to entering the graveyard and checked them and they all worked even up to the graveyard.
It's 1:30 am and we sneak to the perimeter of the graveyard. All around the outside is fallen trees and logs making kind of a barrier. We enter the barrier and one of the flashlights goes dead...just nothing happens anymore. Mine starts periodically flickering, but nothing major. We didn't think much of this. Anyways, it's dead quiet and we're just walking around looking for the steps and looking at all the old tombstones, some of which look like they had recessed into the ground and others like they had been dug up. We start heading downhill and both me and my best friend's lights start flickering like crazy. My friends girl friend is wearing flip flops (had to accessorize for the graveyard i guess) and she gets caught on something. My best friend says, "why don't you carry her you lazy bastard!".
I start hitting my flashlight and it cuts out, then works and i decide to continue on. As i turn around i see a bright blue figure about 50 yards away in my direct flashlight beam not making a noise. I say "what the F%&^ is that!" My best friend looks and says "oh my god". short story even shorter we start running down hill (the figure was on an adjacent hill kind of below us and to the right). We stop for a second to let the girl and other friend to catch up and shine the light back where we saw the figure and there was absolutely nothing, so we kept running as the flashlights were flickering and got to the road. Amazingly the flashlights stopped flickering even though we were running like crazy. In fact, his flashlights never flickered like that ever again and the other one worked fine (this shouldn't have anything to do with where we were, but it was just too weird to be a coincidense).
The weird thing is after this happened we found out we were too far to the left entering and that the steps were to the right. Had we entered and found the steps we would have probably seen the figure like so many other high schoolers had.....
Yes, i know this sounds VERY CORNY, but i saw something very weird and was verified by my best friend, now what it was i don't know, but when people say they see ghosts or experience weird phenomenon i don't scoff anymore. Sorry for the long story, but i just love to tell it, the first time something like that actually SCARED me.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 07-15-2001, 12:01 PM   #5
Power
Registered Member

Being as my entire library of knowledge is based in math and science, I am a certifiable skeptic of anything "out of this world". But I have seen too many things to be a disbeliever. I don't believe, but I don't disbelieve either.

Over here at schofield barracks (hawaii), the barracks buildings were built in the late 30's and early 40's. When I first got here in 98 I was told by other people on the floor that a ghost lived there. Yeah ok, I didn't believe it. I didn't believe till one night I awoke at about 2 am and saw somebody out of the corner of my eye sitting at my desk. Whoever was sitting there was reading a book. This was all seen in a split second because I instantly turned to see who the heck was in my room. But there was no one there when I looked.

Here is the creepy part. I am a neat freak and never leave my books off my bookshelf. But one of my study books (promotion board) was taken down and sitting on the corner of my desk. Yes I could have done it myself but I had never left it down before and never since.

I also started doing a little research and found out a new private had hung himself in the bathrooms on the floor just prior to their deployment to Vietnam.

Kinda freaky for me, as I don't believe in stuff like that. But I know what I saw and it was enough for me to question a few things. I'm not a true believer but I don't always disbelieve stories like that.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 12:47 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

My friend Eric (Guy with the 67 Fairlane I always talk about) has been scared out of my house on several occasions.

I have had to many experiences to type.

Eric used to stay over my house all the time on Fridays. We'd order Pizza's rent several movies and Playstation games and just spend the entire night eating, watching movies and playing games. During our "Smoke Breaks" (Have to go into the garage or out on the back deck) several things have happened that made eric Pack his Pizza up, and go home.

While walking out on the back deck one night, I heard something directly behind me (Directly infornt of Eric) while walking out the back door. I turned around to ask him if he heard something and when I did, I saw his face was Pail white and he was shaking. Before I could say anything, he studdered that he had just heard a little Kid right infront of him call out my name "Damien". Thats was exactly what I heard. That has happened several times since. My mom heard it, my sisters heard it, and I've heard it twice more. It always calls my name for some reason. Its hard to tell if its a little boy, or girl.

My little sister wont go into my parents room anymore. She said because a "Gray Lady" came out of the bathroom one day and scared her.

I was baby sitting my little sister one time, we were watching Molly and Friends (Big Comfy Couch) and we heard some one walking up stairs. No one was home but me and my little sister. We heard the door to my older sisters bedroom open, and the foot steps pounded there way right down the stairs. (the stairs begin right next to the room I was in, I would of seen who ever had come down them) and stopped at the landing.
My little sister asked me who was home.

Things in my moms display cabninets get turned around and shuffled. She collects angels and Fairie stuff. One of her display cases had two angels that always get moved. I unlocked it and turned them around to face the right way. about 45 seconds later I walked back by and they were turned around again. That happened for about 3 months.

I have alot more, my friend Eric could tell you all about the time he House Sat when I was in Pittsburgh visiting family.

I can talk forever about this. Better end the post now before It gets WAY TO LONG.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 08:50 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

Okay, so what do you guys feel about these experiences? Good or Bad? Do you encourage more or want them to cease? Do you feel threatened or comforted by these experiences?

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 09:55 PM   #8
93cobrah
Registered Member

You guys are really scaring the sh*%$#$ out of me! Yes I do believe in ghost. One night I was sitting in my living room watching the tube when I saw a vision of a lady in a long dress.Spirits are real.

[This message has been edited by 93cobrah (edited 07-15-2001).]
93cobrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 10:14 PM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Ok this happened to me again. I thought I saw a guy standing in the corner of my room next to the entertainment center. Then when I actually looked there was nothing there. I thought for sure there was kinda scared me a little.
84stanglx that is a crazy story. I would have ran like hell to. Actually I probaly would never go in there in the first place.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 03:57 PM   #10
the bandit
Registered Member

hell i believe in it, but i don't have any stories...still waiting for one of those "experiences"
i have heard things, but still haven't seen anything yet.

------------------
14.44 best et with street tires, spinning first and second hard. only 3.73's and steeda lowering springs. more to come when i make some money
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote