MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-06-2002, 07:29 PM   #1
GaryDawg
Registered Member

Default Nice to be here...

I don't know about the rest of you but I post at the three "other" Mustang boards and it's really nice to be able to come back here and know that the people here don't slam you because you aren't "automotive tech educated"...

On some of the other boards you can't say anything without some people tearing apart your post for the dumbest things.

I hate it when some track racer says that anything he doesn't have on his car is complete crap and worthless... my car isn't a track car.... and I think I have made some decent purchases on my few mods...

Thanks for all your help guys...!

And thanks for being patient with us "amatures"...!

GDawg - Vegas
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:42 PM   #2
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I agree, thanks to those who are very educated and helpful with mustangs. I'm a newbie with mods and that sort of thing, and it's so nice to ask maybe not such a techy question and get it answered. I've read a lot in the other forums on this board and learned some new things. Everyone here seems to be very light-hearted and helpful!

~Jill
Old 12-06-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Everything in your car is crap cause I don't have it! So there! Mwahahahaha!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
Janeofalltrades

Default We are family!

GaryDawg,

We are family here! Sometimes we can be a little dysfunctional, but mainly we're nice and harmless. You will not be dogged per se` for asking a question or saying something silly, if you own up to it,...(most of us have done it.....)..If you start bragging or ACT more intelligent than Chris aka "PKRWUD" KNOWS you are, then you're busted!

Yes, see we have a single man police force here that ensures that you are credible in your knowledge and not a farse....But we welcome your educated comments and questions.

I feel most of the credit can go to how the message board is designed though. There are multiple forums and it keeps most of the dog fights to a low roar! Yes, we get into spats here too! But, most families do...

(P.S. Vegas..Hmmmm Road trip)

Jenn
Old 12-06-2002, 09:20 PM   #5
Janeofalltrades

Default Nice ride Friend!

'98 Rio Red GT 'vert...
- 3.27 gears, 5-speed, Leather interior, Mach 460
- Kenny Brown Super Subs with Matrix brace and Jacking Rails
- H&R SuperSport Springs, Bilstein Struts and Shocks, MM Caster/Camber plates
- K&N, FRPP 9mm (red) ignition wires, Smoked headlight covers, White bumper inserts
- Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 - 245/45/17

P.S. S W E E T Ride!

You spent the money where I do. In the suspension and handling. LOL..

Jenn
Old 12-06-2002, 10:05 PM   #6
PKRWUD

Default Re: We are family!

Quote:
Originally posted by Janeofalltrades
Yes, see we have a single man police force here that ensures that you are credible in your knowledge and not a farse....But we welcome your educated comments and questions.
Not sure what the hell you're talking about, but i'll chalk it up to more of that E of J.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:08 PM   #7
PKRWUD

Default Re: Nice to be here...

Quote:
Originally posted by GaryDawg
I don't know about the rest of you but I post at the three "other" Mustang boards and it's really nice to be able to come back here and know that the people here don't slam you because you aren't "automotive tech educated"...

On some of the other boards you can't say anything without some people tearing apart your post for the dumbest things.

I hate it when some track racer says that anything he doesn't have on his car is complete crap and worthless...
You just missed him. He wasn't a track racer, but he sure thought he was. He was one of the nicest guys I had ever met online 4 years ago, but he decided it was more fun to belittle anyone that didn't completely agree with him, and turned into a first rate as$hole. Too bad, really. Last I heard, he left because we were too dumb for him.

Go figure.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:26 PM   #8
Extremestang

Quote:
If you start bragging or ACT more intelligent than Chris aka "PKRWUD" KNOWS you are, then you're busted!

WTF? Jen, what are you trying to say? Chris is honest, friendly and helpful. IMO, he does not POLICE the site and make it his job to discredit people here. That really blows that you'd say something like that.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621

Last edited by Extremestang; 12-06-2002 at 10:32 PM..
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:42 PM   #9
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I agree Gary! That's a nice thing about this site as compared to other sites. We don't have to have policing here, there's just no need for it, almost everyone here is mature enough to have a good time and talk about pretty much everything, I think our moderators here are probably like the maytag men.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:44 PM   #10
joe4speed

Quote:
If you start bragging or ACT more intelligent than Chris aka "PKRWUD" KNOWS you are, then you're busted!

what's that about??
Old 12-06-2002, 11:53 PM   #11
Janeofalltrades

Default Geez...I'll just leave...

Well that is a fine way to make a girl cry...Geez...It was a joke. OK.... well it appears we have all lost our sense of humor around this place, or more than likely my sense of humor is a tad too twisted for Ya'll. It's called the Essence of Jenn and it appers to be a little to much for you all.

So I guess it's best if I leave this place then. Perhaps I'll check back in a new life.. Take care all and enjoy your cars.....

~J~
Old 12-07-2002, 12:10 AM   #12
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

no need to leave jenn, geez we have had too much of that already, welcome gary there are no crappy car's here, geez you have a whole lot of mod's that i dream of.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 12:18 AM   #13
Extremestang

Jenn,

Well, you don't have to leave the site. You have to understand, PKRWD is a very respected member here. I apologize for not taking your comment as a joke, but i have no clue about your E of J. I didn't intend to hurt your feelings, that wasnt my intention in my post. I was just curious why you were saying what you were saying. Anyways Jenn, stick around. Your a fellow v6 owner and your from my hometown, so that holds wieght with me. Try to understand, we were only curious of what you were trying to say. And you've clearified yourself. Thanks.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 12:26 AM   #14
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Geez...I'll just leave...

Quote:
more than likely my sense of humor is a tad too twisted for Ya'll.

So I guess it's best if I leave this place then. Perhaps I'll check back in a new life.. Take care all and enjoy your cars.....
I for one didn't see any malace in it, and even if i had i don't think it would be a reason to leave ??? We need the female perspective around here ... it makes life more interesting
Surely you're not gonna let this bunch of han-yahks run you off !!
Do like i'd do ... be civil and calm and look them in the eyes and say PHUK OFF !!!
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 04:25 AM   #15
joe4speed

LOL
All ya had to do was say it was a joke, that's it. No one's running anyone off here at all. How are we supposed to know you were joking around? I was just curious as to what it meant that's all, I was out sick for a while and maybe I missed something.
And Hotroddin, NO ONE was trying to run anyone off. If you know us, you'd know that to be true. Btw what the hell is a "han-yahk"???

PS, isn't it ironic how this thread took quite a twist from the original post! This is definitely Corral material!
Old 12-07-2002, 04:49 AM   #16
PKRWUD

Default Re: Geez...I'll just leave...

Quote:
Well that is a fine way to make a girl cry...Geez...It was a joke. OK.... well it appears we have all lost our sense of humor around this place, or more than likely my sense of humor is a tad too twisted for Ya'll. It's called the Essence of Jenn and it appers to be a little to much for you all.

~J~
That right there is the E of J.

Settle down, Jenn. You trip way too easy. You dish it out, and when someone questions it, you go postal (at least privately). Go do the thing you do, and calm down.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 12-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #17
Janeofalltrades

Default Vacation!

Ok guys...

(Chris..I dealt with you personally...End of subject Friend..)

Extreme, Joe and others... I have monopolized the board enough. I came here in August and found a nice little place to surf. I feel I have worn out my welcome and feel it is for the best if I take a vacation.

I will post when I need help. But, I will remain stealth for the most part if I peek in. I NEVER intended to offend anyone. This is a personality dynamics issue between Chris and myself. He and I can handle this without the whole message board being brought into it. It's called tact.

Again. my sense of humor must have bent. I found Chris being voted for 3 out of 10 "who's who"...to be pretty phenominal and a little funny. I respect him VERY much. He is the smartest person that I have met. Well rounded and an overall candidate for the "Mensa" club. He is a nice person and a gentleman.

Take care all. I really will miss you guys. Take care of those cars and have a safe and Happy Holiday.

Jenn
Old 12-07-2002, 02:25 PM   #18
joe4speed

You're kidding, right? You're leaving because we just wondered what you were talking about????? Please tell me you're kidding. I don't get where anything was said to make you actually leave? You're definitely blowing this tiny thing WAYYYY out of proportion!!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 04:40 PM   #19
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
NO ONE was trying to run anyone off. If you know us, you'd know that to be true. Btw what the hell is a "han-yahk"???
I know you weren't, it just seemed a little like she made a small misplaced joke and everyone just pounced on her from all sides with great gusto. I get the feeling that Chris is capable of taking care of himself... and don't you pounce on me for my opinion, cause i'm not going anywhere and i won't hesitate to tell you all down to the very last man woman and child to PHUK OFF !! lolol
As for the han-yahk thing ... i'm not really sure what it means, i think its a cajun term i use to hear all the time. Loosely translated i believe its like a motley crew of freeks, fools, gypsies and mal-contents ... it was the only duragatory term i could dredge up at the moment lol... and yes i include myself in this group of han-yahks

I really have to look into a spell checker ! lol
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #20
digital3.3

hey gary welcome to the site, its pretty cool here. but i have to say this is one of the strangest twists i have seen in a thread before.