MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: What do you fear most in life?
Poll Options
What do you fear most in life?

Old 12-10-2001, 08:43 PM   #21
PKRWUD

My biggest fear is being asked what my biggest fear is.

I'm scared right now.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 09:09 PM   #22
Rev
Registered Member

I say dying at an early age. I'm afraid I won't live long enough to get all my mods done, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:02 PM   #23
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

lol there is comedians everywhere. lol hehehe...

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 08:02 PM   #24
TXinPA
Registered Member

being totally alone is one of my biggest fears. being homeless is another. that is why i'm scared right now. i am homeless, the closest thing i'll have to a home in a couple of weeks is a motor home, and the motel rooms i stay in when i'm out of town because of work. as far as alone, i have family out of state, but i'm not very close with any of them. i had a fiance, but i seem to be too much of a mental case for him. i don't have any friends near where i live. i have a decent job. if i loose that, i don't know what i'd do. there is a possibility of of a new boyfriend that lives in nj, who knows what the future holds. good things i hope. because hope is all i have.
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 08:31 PM   #25
Tod
Registered Member

i'd say failing in life. one of my highest priorities in life will be taking care of my family. it scares me to death to think if and when i get married then have kids, i won't be able to provide my family with enough money to live comfortably. there are sooo many things i wanna do as a job for life, and the one i have now aint gonna do it. i have to choose between a so-so income as what i am doing now, working in some way with cars, and being in a band on the side heh-heh. so i always worry about getting an occupation that will allow me to give my future family what it needs.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:34 PM   #26
rbatson

TOD, you sound like me when I was in my late teens-early twentys. How old are you anyhow? To me looking ahead is one of the best things you can do, not everyone does that. But enjoy what you have at the moment, that is a big part of happiness I believe.. I haven't gotten that part down yet, but I'm working on it.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:00 PM   #27
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I answered earlier, but didn't need to post until now.

Aren't all of those related to "failing in life"? Being alone, if you judge being together so highly would be a failure. A crippling injury or sickness would be viewed as a failure in life if you should leave this place before you are comfortable with what you have accomplished or if it inhibits your ability to do the things you love.

Whatever happens of those, if it should interefere with your happiness, it would be construed as a "failure in life." To me, that option has given me ALL THE ABOVE choice.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:26 PM   #28
PKRWUD

Okay, seriously this time. I guess my biggest fear is coming home one day and discovering my condo burned down. I have lived here for 14 years, and everything that means anything to me is here. I would be crippled if I lost everything within these walls. Not to mention my 7 pussies.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:37 PM   #29
rbatson

I've put some thought into this as well Unit. I think losing someone you love or dying is a fear but, more of an dreaded realization. I think the only things we should fear are the things we can change. Funny how I get upset when something I can control goes wrong but when something I can't control goes wrong, it really doesn't bother me(except losing someone close). I think the option "fear itself" should have been listed. How you look at life is what was really being asked here(in my opinion). Being buried alive is pretty scary though.. you gotta admit that. You know, I'm not done contemplating this yet...

1969MACH1, thanks for posting this.. it is making me form an opinion and I like to 'find myself'.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:46 PM   #30
1969Mach1

No problem at all, I know the poll is alittle rough. But I did it going from what I was feeling at the time. Yeh failing in life could be all of those put together. But this really opens your mind up. I come home everyday wondering what problem is going to arrise. It seems like I am never happy anymore, something bad or something to upset me or make me sad is always there to greet me. My g/f has been acting totally different the last few days (I know that's woman for you) but I mean she is has totally changed for the worse. She has a guy friend that I totally hate I mean like I'm going to run him over when I see him, and he hates me too but all she does is say he is mean but she still talks to him, and she wants to hang around him. I don't understand. I try not letting that bother me but it does. I'm just bottling it up now. I say it doesn't bother me, but I just burn up inside. I know it wouldn't bother me if I knew my g/f told the truth all the time. She seems to have a thing of lieing to people and sometimes me so I'm not a fan of that. And I did read a email that she sent that she liked this guy so that really bothers me. So I started thinking, deap down into my head figuring out why I am still with her if she puts me threw all this. Not to say I am the perfect b/f but I do everything and anything for her. She means everything to me. And the only thing I could think of is that I am afraid to loose her cause I don't want to be alone. When things are going good I couldn't be happier, I love them. I feel like I am totally unstopable in life. But when they go bad I can't take it. I will see tommorow apparently that guy doesn't like me cause in my ICQ info I talk about my car and he thinks I am obsessed. Honestly there isn't that much, I just say like 3 lines or something. Ok I am going to stop here cause I was about to write a whole lotta nastry words. I'm just going to stop by saying I hate that sob.

Sorry I had to vent off some anger, well I can't wait tell tommorow probably a whole new day of crap to deal with. In a way I like dealing with these problems because I like solving problems but I'd rather be totally happy. Either way, happy holidays all.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 12-12-2001, 12:06 AM   #31
rbatson

Dude, I can see what is happening to you right now. If you wait around long enough this girl will break your heart. Whe likes this other guy and it is best if you tell her to f' off. Ok, she means alot to you.. would you hang out or be friends with a girl she totally hated? I really don't think you would be friends with someone she hated, you may be courteous to them (say hey or what not) but not friends. This girl doesn't care about how you feel, do you really want to be with someone that doesn't care about how you feel?? You have two options here, wait for it to happen to you and be miserable (you will feel rejected on top of the other resentment) or drop her ***, tell her to get lost and you will still feel bad but, she will also feel rejected and her boy will always be 2nd best because 'you' dumped 'her'. You will find someone else, if you aren't happy now... do you honestly think it will get better?? Letting go is the hardest part..

Side note: if you decide to drop her... make it a clean break. She will either find happiness with this other guy or she will be sooo concerned about you the other guy will be either a lost cause, give up, or she will plainly turn him away.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:25 PM   #32
Capri306

Quote:
She means everything to me.
Yes, but does she know this, and feel the same way about you? I lost a girl I went out with for three years, whom I was totally in love with, because of this one thing. I didn't realize how much I loved her until about 3 months after we broke up. I hope you can find a way to make things work, dude. Good luck.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 02:51 PM   #33
1969Mach1

Quote:
Letting go is the hardest part.
That is so true, I cannot agree anymore. I will have a discusion today, I got a test to see what side she will take.

And yes she knows she means alot to me, she thinks sometimes I don't like her but I do everything for her. I always take the blame in the fight, I do everything for her. She is one of those 2 sided people. I hate making this decision. It hasn't left my mind at all today, I will have to talk to her when she gets home in 10 minutes and figure out what is going. This ain't going to be easy, especially before Christmas.

Ohh.... this isn't going to be easy.

Take it Easy All & Thanks For Helping Out.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 12-12-2001, 05:05 PM   #34
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Default Good question...

I've thought about this before, and I always seem to come to the same answers....

Being broke sucks...believe me...I know. But you can get through it. Somehow...some way, you can get what you need to survive.

Death doesn't bother me all that much. If I die at a young age...I hope that I at least made some impact on someone's life, but I'm not going to worry myself to a frazzel over it. It's beyond my control for the most part. We can all live sensibly and with common sense to avoid a premature death, but some things we have absolutely no control over. Also, I know where I'm going when I die. I know some of you guys and gals aren't religious people, and I respect your opinions, but I know what I believe, and I hold onto a promise made to me by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Being permanantly disabled or very ill is also a scary proposition, but again, there is little or nothing that you can do to avoid it.

I heard a saying once. When you get on a plane, one of two things will happen: the flight will go smoothly or it won't. If it goes smoothly, there's nothing to worry about. If it doesn't go smoothly, one of two things will happen: it will land safely or it will crash. If it lands safely, there's nothing to worry about. If it crashes, one of two things will happen: you will either live or you will die. If you live, it's all good and there's nothing to worry about. If you die, you can't worry anymore so there's no since worrying in the first place.

All that being said, I guess my worst fear in this life is being alone. I'm a person who feels very deeply but rarely lets anyone know what's going on inside. I've got a great poker face. I want someone who I can share my deepest feelings and love with who will return the favor. I've been in relationships that were one sided, and I ended up getting used up and burned out. I want someone whom I can love who will love me back with the same desperate and complete abandon. I've always been a family oriented person. I want to be a father...to raise my children and teach them the truths of life. I want to be a husband...to provide for my wife and children and to do all the little things that make life great. I want to be loved. I guess we all do, in some way, shape, or form. I know that God can speak through the desires of our hearts, and I know that God has created me with these feelings that are rooted in the very essence of who I am.

I hope to God that I'll find the right person someday. As of now, I always seem to end up like Ed on TV. He's well respected, everybody likes him, he's everybody's friend...but he has no one to love him. I know it's just a TV show, but that's how I feel sometimes. The girl I was seeing just wants to be friends for now with maybe a chance for something later on. I know she respects me, but I don't want to just be respected. I want to be the ONE person for ONE person.

Ah well...I read back over this and think about how mushy it sounds...oh well. Not having anything to do of an afternoon makes for a lot of time to think. I'll tell you this. Silence and idleness are my enemies. I have to do something, or my mind starts to think on things that just plain depress me. But I don't really have anyone to hang out with up here...don't know that many people yet. I think I just need to go and drive my car really fast right now.

Take care and God bless...and excuse this rambling mass of text....

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote