MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2002, 11:20 PM   #41
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev
To heck with your post count and your vaunted advice PKRWUD. Now if you just had a decent v-a-g-i-n-a , then you would be a good "post ho".

Rev
You think I'd be here if I did??? LOL!

You're all right, Rev.

JIM-

I really hope you're right. Honestly, I look at other member's post counts and registration dates all the time. It really does help me. I don't know what that says about me, but I will greatly miss them if they go.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 11:27 PM   #42
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sure i may post alot here, but for me it's sress release, sure me & joe had a lttle posting thing going, but i only posted 2 time's , last night, take away the count, i dont care, look at corral & muastangworld, you have people there with 10,000 posts, or 15,000, so my 2, something is nothing, take them, i dont care, i will still joke around, i thought bol was a general non-tech board, put me back to 0, i don't care. ,jeez.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03

Last edited by Crazy Horse GT; 07-12-2002 at 11:52 PM..
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 11:41 PM   #43
Rev
Registered Member

Default Yeah Crazy, you caused it all!

I doubt that ANYONE blames you Crazy for anything not right here.

Another free "post ho" thought.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 11:56 PM   #44
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Yeah Crazy, you caused it all!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev
I doubt that ANYONE blames you Crazy for anything not right here.

Another free "post ho" thought.

Rev
it's my fault rev, i would reply but that would be a trivial post, upps already did, if anything, get rid of can not find server or page not available, hit refresh!

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:29 AM   #45
Rev
Registered Member

Default Band width?

Yeah Crazy, we'are just up to our ears in band width right now. I'm gonna cut it short so as not to use up more than my share .

Rev

r

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 04:24 AM   #46
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Lose the post count but leave the month / year joined.

Lose the Signatures. Wasted space.

I dont like the idea of a "Smack room" I do not wish to be a part of a website that has a boxing ring. Fine if you do.

Most of us tolarate each other fairly well and are man enough to call ourselfs down. Thats what draws me back day in and day out. I did have a leave of absance after getting flamed awhile back.

Most people here seem to be well spoken and the ones that arnt" usually leave.

Although some of these things are not edit changes but self governing changes we make daily.

Don't let my opinion offend yours. There probibly isn't much I wouldn't do for anyone in here. I cant say that about anywhere else.

Free beer on fridays.

Frank
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 10:03 AM   #47
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I don't think anyone was serious about the smack room...were they??? I was just kiddin' around, despise any of my previous fiery posts, I don't actually wish to intentionally argue with any of the members. If I have a problem that major, I'd rather take it to PM or email any day.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 11:39 AM   #48
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I agree with Chris on the post count and registration dates. I know it doesn't mean a whole lot, but it does help me keep track of members and I look at it all the time.

Also, people should just use their signature when really need to. I don't need to know everything about your car and what stereo you have when it is found in a BOL thread about politics (for example). Use a detailed signature when asking a tech question, or at some other time when info on your ride is relevant to the thread.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:58 PM   #49
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I was sure that Dan had a five line max on the sigs. Is that still available? And as for the post counts, We'll live without them, but I like em too, and it is just in fun, that's all.
LS1.com has what's called an autolock feature where there are certain words that cause the post to be locked from the first thread. the words "Free post", a few swear words, and other things are a part of it. But now that the stink has been made how people bother everyone else with a few extra posts, it'll probably cut down anyways. I'm probably down to 1 post a day now so I don't offend anyone LOL!!!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:12 PM   #50
gt lee

Well, I like MW just the way it is, but without the "refresh" button constanly being done. I have spent more time lately doing that then even posting. And end up leaving the forum cause I can't get in.
As far as the post counts. I see no harm in it. And like Chris said it helps others like hisself that helps people here when they can't get in. And hey I want to see me make Senior Member. I think if you make a big deal out of it, it might cause problems so leave it alone its not hurting the site.Odie
Old 07-13-2002, 04:29 PM   #51
7up
Registered Member

I think the posts should be kept. I don't see much harm in it and I think it does help people know who other people are. It also helps to identify trolls who sneak into the street racers forum.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 10:23 PM   #52
7up
Registered Member

I just thought of a new forum. Rice, there is so much rice around these days I think we need a forum to seriously address this growing concern. j/k
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 03:36 AM   #53
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

All I gotta say is...BRING BACK PISTON PETE!! He kicked butt.

Getting rid of the post count wouldnt bother me at all, but I say keep the date of regirstry, and the senority status of the members (Junior, Senior, Ultra Senior..kinda thing).
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 02:13 PM   #54
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

My sig is the exact same length as yours
Golly gee, I can take that one back now LOL...
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 02:46 PM   #55
25thmustang
Registered Member

I think there should be a timeslip list. It should have a list of mods, 1/4 times mph, 60' and 1/8. This will alow everyone to see what mods others run without going through every readers ride, to find that 1/2 of them don't have timeslips, even though they are in a 13 or 14 second category.

1989 Mustang LX:
Cobra Intake, 65mm Tbody, 1.7RR, Mac CAI, 1 5/8 Mac headers, 2 1/2 Mac H-pipe, 2 1/2 Flowmaster Cat-back, 3.73s, BFGoodrich 275/40/17 Drag Radials.

2001 GT leather seats, 17x9 Cobra Rs.

Ricer Hater's club: member #48
14.185 @ 97mph (with AOD)

12-19-01
25thmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 05:14 PM   #56
Frankenstang65
Registered Member

I would have to say that mustangworks is by far one of the most entertaining and helpful mustang sites on the net. That being said, I do agree with several of the ideas for possible changes that have been voiced in this thread.

One thing that has been mentioned by several people is the idea of adding a regional section (NW, SW, ect.) to the boards. I think that this is a great idea, and is something that I have noticed on other sites and have wished were available on here. It makes organizing cruises and get-togethers and other stuff that pertains to only a specific area much easier to do. I know that I have met a bunch of cool mustang people by virtue of regional message boards on other sites. Given the types of people I see posting here every day, I think it would be fun to meet some of you as well.

I like the idea for a bigger selection of smlies, the animated ones are pretty funny.

I also like the idea of creating a forum just for classifieds. I think that this will keep things more up-to-date and will make them more accessable as well.

PKRWUD's idea about some sort of a form to fill out before asking techical questions is a good one as well. I don't know how difficult it would be to fit that into the current system, but I'm sure it would reduce the "I have a ____ mustang that is making a funny noise, what could it be?" types of questions.

As far as the post count debate is concerned, I say we should just leave them as they are. As irrational as I know it is, I still find myself glancing over at the post count/ date of regsitry just to get some idea of what kind of credibility the person has. As it has aready been stated, the post count does not directly correlate with the knowledge of that person, but for some reason it does seem to be a decent informal measuring system. But I also think that the more time you spend here the more familiar you get with the various names and personalities, and you quickly begin to realize who knows what they are talking about, and who doesn't. The numbers were definatley usefull when I first started here though.
Even though I advocate keeping them, if they were to go I don't think I'd be too sad about it. My post count is tiny but doesn't really reflect how much time I spend here.

Now, if I could only find the button for that spell checker (hint hint).........

Later
1965 Coupe: 351W, comp cam, Aluminum Systemax II heads (2.02/1.60), 1.7 Cobra full roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper, Mallory Unilite, MSD-6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD heli-core plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" exhaust (GT style) w/ 40 series delta flows, 69 C4 w/ shift kit, shelby traction bars, 3.55:1 rear

Daily Driver:
1989 GT- 5spd, K&N (no silencer), Shorty Headers, King Cobra Clutch, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back
Frankenstang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 07:16 PM   #57
StangFlyer
Founder

Exclamation

Keep the suggestions coming everyone. I am listening. However, there is a LOT more to Mustang Works than just the message board. I need suggestions about the entire site.... Including ideas for improvements on other areas and ideas for new additions entirely...
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:05 AM   #58
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Free post

Sorry Jim, I just couldn't resist

As for the one liners back and forth....that's the way I am in real life, so that's the way I am on the boards.

I'd just like to tell Dan that MW ROCKS and I'd like to thank him for providing us with this great site.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:06 AM   #59
induction
The Brit!

Thumbs up

Well, since the spell check is not in place yet Ill just have to use the ol' quote button so here goes...
Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Well, I must admit, I'm really kinda surprised. I sincerely hope and urge that the post count and the registered date remain. I can't believe some people are this worked up over getting rid of the post count. I can understand Jim, because it is his highly paid job to over see things, and the silly threads that do exist are probably annoying to anyone who didn't become part of them. But I have recently discovered that they are alot of fun, too, and i'm sorry, but I like having fun sometimes. I didn't even know the top 25 list existed until TNT showed it to me when she was here a month ago. As it turns out, I'm #2 on that list, but over 3000 of my 5000+ posts were made in the tech forums, helping other people. I honestly can't ever remember posting a thread in the tech forums where I was asking for help, I just go there to help other people. Alot. Does that make me a post ho? It must because I'm #2 on the list. Sure, in the past month, I have spent equal time in the BOL, and it's been fun. I don't think anyone is really leaving short, simple posts solely to boost their count. C'mon, guys, get real. There may have been a few, every few months, but the member always grows tired of being laughed at, and stops. I really think we are old enough to police ourselves when it comes to being a post ho. It's not like MW gives out prizes for reaching certain levels.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty damn proud of my post count because I know that the majority of them helped somebody. Is that bad? Maybe I should follow Kell's lead and go away for a while. No offense, but I'm not hanging out here for the pay, the prizes, or trying to win some car. I'm here because this site is made up of some really good people, and because no matter how many times I tell people their throttle has to be blocked open for a compression test, someone always forgets.

This past month or so has actually been the most fun I've had on MW, and mostly for the fun, rapid fire threads that develop in BOL. They have nothing to do with each member's post count, and taking the count away won't stop them.

Hell, I don't know, maybe I just need to go out and get more of a life.

~Chris
I agree with chris , I too enjoy this site and wont be going anywhere else soon ,Call me crazy too but if theres no fun involved then why even do it? Yes the information gained here is by far the best around, I also agree that some " just want the facts" so they can return to their project , or to give advice without all the small talk( Ya know like the parts guy at the shop with no human response other then , will that be cash or visa?) And hey maby a smack( OFF TOPIC) room is not such a bad idea, that way when a responce from said poster is taken out of context a moderator or the offended can resolve it without being " flamed or Jumped on " due to a typo or lack of communication skills " not everyone here is a linguist. and people get SLAMMED FOR IT!!!. Lets just get the job done and have some fun, this is the internet .
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27

Last edited by induction; 07-15-2002 at 09:49 AM..
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 06:01 PM   #60
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan McClain
Keep the suggestions coming everyone. I am listening. However, there is a LOT more to Mustang Works than just the message board. I need suggestions about the entire site.... Including ideas for improvements on other areas and ideas for new additions entirely...
Whooops. Yeah, you're right. Okay, here are some points concerning other parts of the site. ........And, I'm gonna just stick to pointing out issues that could use improvement. If I don't mention something below, either I (in general) am just not interested in that certain section of MW (which is a fair statement, b/c who says I have to LOVE every little aspect of the entire site?. Plus, just b/c I don't really care for a section or aspect doesn't mean it's dumb, or others don't like it.), I may just don't go to that section enough to make a fair critique about it, or it is GREAT and needs NO comments---it's just fine the way it is (e.g., but not limited to, Stang Analyzer and Girls Can Too sections). ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSS.............

1) You know what attracted me to MW in the first place? It wasn't the message board. No. It was the MEDIA CENTER (and the Stang Analyzer, which is BTW still great!). I am more interested in seeing user's rides on public streets rather than drag cars on drag strips. I like to see a strong street car (whether if it's 9 sec or 13 sec) in some decent street action (cruising, your average stoplight race, a drag strip run, a parking lot burnout or donut, a Mustang or Lightning annihilating a Viper or some old hemi on the road, etc.) But, I've just about seen all the in our media center (and some of it is quite boring and of LOW quality) so I don't go there anymore. In any case, I think more attention (other than just updating FFW video clips, which to me get old after a while) needs to be given to the media center. I understand this takes up more space, but that I'm just throwing in an opinion...

2) It would be nice to have a general car (Mustang/Ford) problem forum for problems. For example, my air condition on my '90 LX (4-cyl) works, but it only comes out through the defrost vents and floor. I know it is one of those vacuum modulator thingys, but which one. How do I fix it? Now where do I put this question??? Blue Oval, naaaah, not really. WHat about Windsor Forum, naaah, not really. Having a General Problems forum would take some of the stress off Windsor forum also. Another thing, some of those simple or weird general problems seem to sink and drown in the massives waves of all the posts in the Windsor forum. Just a thought.

3)Pony Shop.
Need more stuff (not too much more but MORE). Like T-shirts. I personally wish there were at LEAST 2 more shirts (t-shirts or shirts w/ collars) for MW. Please consider this. I would buy it. I bought the one that's in there now. I love it and show it off every chance I get around my stang friends. Also, IMO, it would be nice to have MW flyers that I could leave on people's cars or give to my friends who dont' know this site (I borught this up to you b4, but I guess you either didn't have time or wasn't really into the idea--I can respect that--but I'm bringing it up again. AND WHY CAN'T I BUY THE NMRA/NHRA RULEBOOK THROUGH MW, PERHAPS IN THE PONY SHOP??????? We are the sister site to FFW, we have NMRA and FFW forum sections, yet I had to search all over to find a NHRA rulebook (at Summit). It's sure be cool if I could buy an NHRA rulebook from MW through the Pony Shop. Not only would I be supporting this awesome site, but it would also be easy access to a book. Consider these.

4) Tech Articles.
Dan, I'm not quite sure what you were going for (in terms of thoroughness) in the tech articles, but even though some can be helpful, it seems that many are (forgive me) quite dry. Don't get me wrong. I think some of them are very helpful, but they lack photos. Okay, this is what I'm getting at: Check out Jeff Chamber's Site and his tech articles. I find those very helpful b/c of the steps, pics, and detailed explanations. Perhaps you could add links to useful sites just as Jeff's which cover really good tech subjects (and I mean in the TECH ARTICLE section not the Links section). Darius Rudis (drudis) has a really good tech article section in his site.

5) Event List.
Go to Event List link and check out the Calendar. Now, tell me what is the point of all that?

6) Projects.
When is this section ever gonna be updated?

7) It would possibly be kinda nice if there were a section for a MW users' web pages (the ones that use MW web space). I guess you would call it a MustangWorks WebPage Community section where if users wanted to, they could add their MW homepage link to the community and we could more easily access each other's webpages. Just a thought, b/c I don't know how to easily get to other user's webpages besides finding there name in users rides which can be a little tedious sometimes.... Like I said, just a thought.

Thanks for listening.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote