MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default Some exhaust help please?

i am gonna buy the mac cat back system for my 03 v6 convertible but wanna change from the headers on back as well.....i need to get and x pipe or an h pipe i need to keep the cataytic converters cause of emissions. whats better the x pipe or the h pipe with cats? or are they the same. the x pipe is a little cheaper with the cats than the h pipe is but i will to spend the extra for better performance if the h pipe is better.

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

Default Re: Some exhaust help please?

h pipe give you more low end torque which is what you need with the 6 but the x pipe will give you more top end horspwer which you also need for the 6. the x pipe will give you more of a raspy tone and the h pipe will give you a deeper tone

less than 1,000 miles on new t-5, throw out bearing and clutch. completly redone exaust shorty headers, custom h pipe, flowmaster 40 series, all mandrell bent 2.5 inch tubing

i got all new headlight assembly for christmas with clear corners

www.50resto.com
Mustang Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote