MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #21
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: Tireburner is a scammer

Thats just to bad. One would think with a high post count that one would be reliable. Usually ANYONE here with a decent or high post count I can usually trust without any doubt. Josh you should have told him straight up that you spent his money and you are now in a finacial bind. He would be upset but at least he would know what was going on. I hope you get your money back soon Drew!

James
Old 03-30-2005, 10:10 PM   #22
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Drew, If you ever come down toward Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg I'll buy you lunch and give you a ride in the Cobra.

This will atleast offset the $100 a little.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 PM   #23
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Times get rough, I think we all have experienced that. A $100 is a lot of money. Though it may be embarrassing, a little explanation as to why it was lost, why there is no number, a credible reason...and I would understand as a friend. Though I would be disappointed in the poor decision to blast the money away before five0patrol had a chance to see the part, I would still understand.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:48 PM   #24
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well, i'm not going to get into it, but josh, man you have to make it right, you know as i do that drew is a good guy, just get it straight, borrow the money or something!

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:48 PM   #25
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Good call

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMan

I for one have bought many things (mostly computer related items) online from individual parties using eBay. And, although I have never purchased any automotive parts myself using the MW classifieds, I have sold parts thru our classified's here. My own personal experience thus far has been almost all positive. The only problem I've ever had is one time I sold the set of MAC headers I used to run back in the day on my 302 to some guy in NJ and sent them COD. UPS messed up and did not collect the COD and just left the package. Of course, the guy vanished after this and I suddenly couldn't get a hold of him. I did get my money, but had to go through the hassle of collecting from the UPS insurance. For the guy in NJ it was his lucky day at UPS' expense.

You just have to be smart about buying from classified's and use common sense.
I know that thousands of people successfully use internet classified ads to buy and sell things every day but I have never liked mail order anything to begin with and I can usually find whatever I need, especially auto parts, nearby, where I can see the item and judge the condition and quality as well as have my part (or whatever) immediately. That's just me. I did not mean to disparage MW's classifieds or the wisdom of buying/selling via internet classifieds. I was only stating my personal preference.

Quote:
In any event, this is the second time that this type of situation has come up with Josh on the site. Unfortunately, regardless of what's really going on... I don't have time to sort out Josh's classified misunderstandings nor do I want to. Quite understandably I would think, a moderator who has a knack for poor or controversial classified dealings does not reflect well on MW; not to mention themselves. As such, I have removed Tireburner as a moderator and changed his account status back to a standard member. I think that is best for MW, for our members, and for Josh.
I have to agree. Josh may well be innocent of any intentional wrongdoing here (and I believe he is) but the appearance of a moderator scamming another MW member, blocking Drew's messages when he tried to find out what happened to his promised part and in general, acting irresponsibly in financial dealings does not reflect well on him and by association, Mustang Works.

Good call, Dan.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #26
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I get the impression that people think I am dragging my feet about paying Drew back, this is simply not the case. I go to school full time and have a part time job. I only make about 130-150 dollars a week. After gas, a car payment, and insurance I don't have a lot left. This is not Drew fault of course, but mine. I am doing the best I can at the moment

I told Drew it would be a little bit before he got his money, I'm doing the best I can. I am confident he will have his money soon, much to his and my relief.

I'm not avoding him, I'm not sure what's up with either his or my AIM account, but I deleted and reinstalled AIM this morning in hoping of possably clearing up the problem.

I really wish Drew would have called or sent me a e-mail before posting this though. He has both my phone # and my e-mail addy.

Wow....so I get phucked around on a tranny deal and then a simple misunderstanding and get my mod status booted......KICK ASS!!!!!!!!:

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:49 PM   #27
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

So where the heck did the balancer go? What did the post office or whoever sent it say? Are they looking? Anyone check with them? Still sitting on their counter?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #28
induction
The Brit!

You guys are way to soft IMHO!! It dosen't matter where/ how little you work or if you go to school or not YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE USED THE FUNDS UNTIL THE TRANSACTION WAS COMPLETED plain and simple. Cry if you like but pay the man his money and don't pray on someone else to do it.

Your word is all you have at the end of the day, breaking out the Brasso wont help .
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #29
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

I received a money order from Josh today, a few months late, but he did repay me. Just thought I'd update you guys.

-Drew
Old 05-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #30
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I for one am glad to hear that. Speaks well towards his character......and brings about a good end to this unfortunate situation.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #31
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Re: Tireburner is a scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohpatrol

I received a money order from Josh today, a few months late, but he did repay me. Just thought I'd update you guys.

-Drew
Good news, Drew! I trust that your receipt of Josh's Money Order now closes this unfortunate episode between MW members. I think that it took too long - but at least Josh finally came through, as promised.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:36 PM   #32
RBatson
Registered Member

Good to hear it got resolved. As far as being a broke college student, I've been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMan
UPS messed up and did not collect the COD and just left the package. Of course, the guy vanished after this and I suddenly couldn't get a hold of him. I did get my money, but had to go through the hassle of collecting from the UPS insurance. For the guy in NJ it was his lucky day at UPS' expense.
Sorry to hear that. If the package was marked COD and the driver didn't collect, then the driver had to pay the COD amount.