MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-30-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default I Heard the new GT's are back oredered

Hi all just thought everyone would like to know i just saw the guy i bought my 03 convertible from today at work and i was B'sing with him about the new ones. i was at another local dealer this week to get an oil change and while i was walking around the lot all i saw was one Rousch and all the rest were V6's no GT's what so ever, so I asked him why that was and he said right now 05 ford GT's are backoredered by 22,000 vehicles and they can only make roughly 4,000 a week. I dont know if he meant that this is for our area only or the whole USA.(Im in north eastern Ohio) He did say if i were to want an 05 GT and ordered it today i would prolly end up being able to get my hands on one in late December early January of 06, I just think that is some total crap but i should not complain because i love my car and i have no money to get a new GT...LOL.... but i just thought i would pass this on to all my buddies here.

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
Capri306

Default Re: I Heard the new GT's are back oredered

Oh boy...usually a constrained supply means a higher sticker price; at least in the oil market this is true. Let's hope they are still hovering around the $25k mark by the time I'm out of school, eh? Yeah, I'm kidding. It's gonna be a while after that.

Good news for Ford, nonetheless, and the Mustang nameplate in general. Seeing '05 GTs at the NMRA event today was strange enough for me.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
swampcat
Registered Member

I read in the atlanta fish wraper that the supply of the new engine for the gt was the problem and that some dealers would only get 1 or 2 gts this year and they had buyers willing to pay 2 to 3 grand over msrp for a used gt with op to 6000 miles
swampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Capri306

Jeez, I hope it's not related to the cough "normal" cough spark plug-popping the truck engines have been encountering! So sad if that's the case.

1979 Mercury Capri
Old 05-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I thought the spark plug issue (5.4L motors) was solved in 2003 when Ford began using more spark plug threads in the cyl. heads? At least that's the way it is with the Lightnings.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #6
Capri306

It was a V10 issue as well. I can assure you with a first-hand account of how the Ford dealer and corporate office basically told us to go pound sand when it happened.

Anyhoo, I ran through a few other Ford dealer's lots to see what they had in stock, and indeed there seems to be a shortage of GTs readily available. Maybe they're hoping people will order more customized ones to drive the price higher? Is it an artificial shortage, or is the truth in the motor issue? We shall see...

Please, keep us posted if you hear anything!

1979 Mercury Capri
Old 05-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #7
Stangette
Registered Member

they told me the same thing as rollinastang a month ago - and they are paying around eight grand over sticker here in east texas now - if they can get one - guess i got lucky and got one under sticker loaded - a workmate of mine ordered before thanksgiving and got his in April - his uncle works at the dealership....
Stangette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:56 AM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

There are at least 50 05 GT's for sale on lots here in Odessa/Midland area.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:04 AM   #9
6505Stangs
Registered Member

When I bought my GT they had one other on the lot now they have them on back order at that dealer. I didn't order mine it was just there but that was when they first came out and it doesn't have much as options go.That is here in Jersey.
6505Stangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #10
RBatson
Registered Member

I haven't stopped and looked but I've seen atleast a few on the local lot as I drove by. If your in the market for one, you should have too much trouble getting it if you don't mind traveling to get it. Just do a search on the Ford website.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 AM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

All; the new GT's have been bought here as well. There is now a 2 month wait.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

The real question is why would a person pay $8k over sticker for a new GT? Anyway, GT production has been an issue since the F series began using the 4.6L engine back in the mid 90's. The F series line comes first, the Mustang about 207th.

With so few people that have been buying the GTs over the past 10yrs or so, I imagine Ford didn't expect to see such a demand for them.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 05:16 PM   #13
RBatson
Registered Member

I passed a Ford dealership on my way back from Myrtle Beach(bike week) today. They had a new Mustang GT on the front of the lot. Now I haven't been looking at them because I actually like my car better but I surely wouldn't pay over MSRP for one if I wanted one. I didn't buy an 03 Cobra because of that "market adjustment" crap. I do however know that the local Ford dealership is an MSRP dealer because I talked with a salesman a few months ago when I took my car in for service. Anyone paying over MSRP is just plain foolish and impatient, imo.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #14
4barrel
Mustang Rookie

I was driving around Lexington and the Ford dealer here had a red Roush setting on the lot. There on the lot, next to it, was a red Saleen. Both cars were sweet. I'd like to go back by the dealership and get a good close look at them.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/822269

4barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #15
Simi Stang

I think the '05 Saleens are kind of lame looking. They definitely don't look as good as the '99 -'04 Saleens. The Rousch with their ground effects package...looks SOO much better than the Saleen IMO. The Saleens would look better if they were lowered some...or a little more, if they already are lowered? And the gay ass little foglights in the front grill on the Saleen look like they were borrowed off of a ******* rice rocket. Saleen should take some tips from the design of the Rousch.