MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Anyone have a TIVO or Satellite radio?

I saw the banner at the top of the forum for TIVO and was just curious if anyone has one. If so, how do you like it?

Satellite radio, I bought one back in Sept but I'm having problems with it. I liked it until it quit working. Supposed to have another one on the way. The content is nice.. comedy, news, commercial free music. Very cool.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone have a TIVO or Satellite radio?

Ever listen to the old time radio shows from the 40-50? I hate getting out of the car when I get home. The comedy is really good too.

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
MLMike25
Registered Member

I have 2 TIVO's. I've had several DVR's over the years but since TIVO is king right now, I don't have another choice really.

But let me tell you...

once you use a TIVO, you will N E V E R want to watch TV without it. I got my wife hooked on it too. You can make it your personal TV secretary and have it search for and record shows that you are interested in. And the ability to record 2 programs at once or watch live tv while you record something else is PRICELESS! Ofr course you know about the ability to pause and rewind live tv right? Comes in handy whenever.

And unless there's something that comes on TV that you absolutely have to see live, you can watch TV on your own time. Check out this TIVO forum: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/ (My advice is to use the search feature heavily b/c just about any question you have or will ever have has already been posted and answered there).

If you don't need to get DirecTV, check your local cable company. Many of them are offering their own DVR. As I'm sure you can tell, I swear by a TIVO. Hope you get it man, you won't regret it.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
RBatson
Registered Member

I bought my parents a TIVO for xmas and they say they like it but I just wanted to get some honest opinions. I bought a Humax with the dvd-r but returned it, unopened. I was going to use it for the superbowl but never got around to opening it, too much was going on. I think I may just get the 40hr unit. I like the fact that you can pause live tv, get a drink and never miss a thing. I usually work nights so I figure I can record prime time tv and watch it the next morning. From what I've seen TIVO has alot to offer that the other DVRs don't so I'll probably stick with TIVO. I gave my parents the 80hr with the lifetime subscription. I'll probably get the 40hr with the same deal.

Satellite radio is pretty cool too. I'm alittle upset that my sportster quit working but hopefully I've have a new one soon. Its nice to listen to the same channel without have to worry about it fading out or having to find another channnel. They have all the music in very specific platforms and news channels 24 hrs a day. You name a type of music and they have a channel for it, from bluegrass to Elvis. The comedy channel has helped me stay awake many a night. Once you have it you don't want to be without it.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:12 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I have Sirius satellite radio. I LOVE IT! I haven't listened to FM radio since I got it. Well, actually, I have a few times, but I quickly grew very irritated with it after listening to the mind-numbing commercials after every few songs!!! I have Sirius in both of my cars, and listen to the free streaming radio from their site whenever I'm on the computer. I'll never get rid of it! It's just as addicting as broadband, once you get it, you'll never look back!

What satellite radio company are you using, Rick?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #6
RBatson
Registered Member

I have the Sirius sportster. It hasn't worked since the beginning of December though. Their online service is pretty good but it only has music. I like listening to the news and comedy too. I got the boombox for xmas, hopefully I'll get at new sportster so I can try it out.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #7
82 GT
Import Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMike25
I have 2 TIVO's. I've had several DVR's over the years but since TIVO is king right now, I don't have another choice really.

But let me tell you...

once you use a TIVO, you will N E V E R want to watch TV without it. I got my wife hooked on it too. You can make it your personal TV secretary and have it search for and record shows that you are interested in. And the ability to record 2 programs at once or watch live tv while you record something else is PRICELESS! Ofr course you know about the ability to pause and rewind live tv right? Comes in handy whenever.

And unless there's something that comes on TV that you absolutely have to see live, you can watch TV on your own time. Check out this TIVO forum: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/ (My advice is to use the search feature heavily b/c just about any question you have or will ever have has already been posted and answered there).

If you don't need to get DirecTV, check your local cable company. Many of them are offering their own DVR. As I'm sure you can tell, I swear by a TIVO. Hope you get it man, you won't regret it.
I couldn't have put it any better myself!!
You'll never watch TV the same way again!!!
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:02 AM   #8
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatson
I have the Sirius sportster. It hasn't worked since the beginning of December though. Their online service is pretty good but it only has music. I like listening to the news and comedy too. I got the boombox for xmas, hopefully I'll get at new sportster so I can try it out.
Yeah, I LOVE the "Raw Dog" comedy channel, it's hilarious! I'd like that available online as well! Still, it's nice to get streaming music from their website for free. XM charges a fee for online service!

That sucks that your receiver hasn't worked for so long! Do you have any idea what happened to it?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #9
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Don't you have to pay a monthly subscription to listen to the Sirius/XM satellite radios?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
RBatson
Registered Member

Joe, I called them up about a month ago and demanded to talk with a supervisor. He looked up the issue and was shocked at the amount of time I had to wait, so he worked it out where I ordered a new one and got credited back after the return. He credited me for the time I couldn't use it plus $20 bucks. So basically I got the whole year sub price back. He said the product lifetime subscription could be transferred 3 times for $75 each time, so I got the lifetime deal. ($500 )

I've been told that the connections got lose from plugging it up and unplugging it. I would take it with me from home to car to work. It got transferred about 3 times a day and it wore out the connections.

Just happy to be back in business. I was almost getting used to listening to regular radio again.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #11
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieatcamaros
Don't you have to pay a monthly subscription to listen to the Sirius/XM satellite radios?
Yeah but wth? Its worth it to me.

I started researching Tivo. My dad loves it... I bought some stock in it. Hope I get rich... Yeah right!
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote