MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Default Tireburner is a scammer

I used to think of Josh as a good friend... not anymore.
This waste of space stole $100 from me, and is now ignoring me.

I "bought" an SFI balancer from him a couple months back. I sent him a check and he cashed it right away. He said he sent my balancer via USPS but conveniently couldn't find his tracking number. I patiently waited, because I trusted him, as I've bought and sold with him before. Well, after a few weeks of waiting for it, I got a little concerned and he decided that USPS had lost it, but he still couldn't find his tracking number, so its all on him now. He agreed to send me my money back after he got paid. Although I thought this was crap because he should have had my money in pocket from my check. Anyway, its been another month, and I haven't seen a dime. I had been talking with him via AIM, and he has since blocked me (I'm not that stupid Josh)

I just thought I'd make you guys aware because he is a frequent member here and sells a lot of crap. Watch out for this immature scamming piece of shit!

Josh, good job in losing any credibility you had ever earned. If you do ever decide to grow up and either send me my balancer or my money back, I'll gladly delete this thread. I doubt it will happen though.

-Drew
Old 03-29-2005, 02:59 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Re: Tireburner is a scammer

Hasn't this happened before with someone else too?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:49 AM   #3
fiveohpatrol

Something similar happened, but I think it was finally somewhat resolved and I gave Josh the benefit of the doubt. I guess I shouldn't have!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 AM   #4
andy669
Registered Member

So its nearing 2 months? Thats plenty long enough to wait, In my book. C'mon Josh, get this shit resolved.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
fiveohpatrol

It's been over 2 months now
Old 03-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

First the tranny with the other guy. Now the balancer with you.

Hmmmmm....
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe4speed
Hasn't this happened before with someone else too?
I recall a similar situation too. Cant remember who it was though.

I hope you get either your money back or the balancer soon. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Re: Tireburner is a scammer

I'm only reading one side of this story but...weeks going by, no UPS tracking # and being blocked on AIM all add up to a very dubious situation that appears as a scam-in-progress. In other words - the correct words - Josh is stealing from another MW member. I hope this turns out not to be the case, but it sure looks that way.

I find it sad that a guy who had built up trust and credibility via this site will now resort to scamming someone out $100. Is one hundred dollars THAT important? How sad that -apparently - to Josh, it is. If that ends up actually being the case, I hope he considers the $100. he stole well worth his reputation here, which is about to be shot for good.

I regret this happened and I still hold out a little hope that there is an alternate explanation. It's Josh's call.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:51 PM   #9
lx mike
Undescribable

Well, Josh is your credibility worth $100?? inquiring minds wanna know
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

I remember the so called scam with the transmission awhile back. If I remember correctly, fiveohpatrol was one of the guys who posted on tireburner's behalf. Fiveohpatrol, I think with your posts before, you kind of kept tireburner in good standing with the mustang works members. That being said, even if he gets out of this one, I think we all know not to buy from tireburner at all. To me, $100 is not worth risking a good reputation on a damn good site. I am with lxmike, I am curious to know why you would risk a good rep over a measly $100?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:12 PM   #11
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

The other scam

To save some of you the search time. This is the one we are referring to with the transmission.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #12
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Still no explanation from him......

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #13
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

I talked to him earlier this morning and he also replied on the corral. usps lost the package and he is financially drained at the moment and will pay the money back when he can. It amazes me how soon people jump in and assume someone is guilty of ******* a friend out of $100.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:16 AM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Even if usps lost it, there would still be a tracking number.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:55 AM   #15
andy669
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGE_5.0
I talked to him earlier this morning and he also replied on the corral. usps lost the package and he is financially drained at the moment and will pay the money back when he can. It amazes me how soon people jump in and assume someone is guilty of ******* a friend out of $100.

1) What Joe said is absolutely correct. Anybody that doesnt keep track of tracking numbers is asking for trouble.

2) All he would have had to do is tell Drew this and I'm sure he would have understood.

Andy

Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 AM   #16
fiveohpatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGE_5.0
It amazes me how soon people jump in and assume someone is guilty of ******* a friend out of $100.
If you sent a check to someone, they cashed it immediately, you don't have your part for over 2 months, and he starts ignoring you, what would you assume?

I'm sorry if it seems I'm jumping to conclusions, but its just not right. I shouldn't have to suffer because he has no clue how to handle money. Plain and simple.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 AM   #17
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

1)The Post Office doesn't give tracking numbers

2)The situation HAS been explained to drew. I'm not gonna argue the situation again. I'm doing the best I can at the moment. $100 doesn't sound like much, but it's 2/3 of my paycheck. I'm working on getting him is money ASAP.

3) The guy with the trans was trying to rip ME off. He was pissed because he got the T-5 late and the next thing I know he's saying it needs a full rebuild. So I told him I'd give him his money back and to just ship me the tranny back (I pay shipping) because I knew it was good. Funny.....never heard another thing out of him and that was 6 months ago

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:55 PM   #18
andy669
Registered Member

The post office absolutely gives tracking numbers. You have to ship priority mail with delivery confirmation. IMO, thats the only way to ship anything of any value.

I'm sure Drew is just as sorry as you are that it had to come to this. See #2 from my previous post.

Andy

Old 03-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #19
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Tireburner is a scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner163
1)

The Post Office doesn't give tracking numbers.
That is not true. I checked.

Quote:
2)The situation HAS been explained to drew. I'm not gonna argue the situation again. I'm doing the best I can at the moment. $100 doesn't sound like much, but it's 2/3 of my paycheck. I'm working on getting him is money ASAP.
You could have made all this crystal clear with a timely e-mail to him. Instead, it appeared as if you were giving Drew 'the runaround'. $100. is a lot of money to just about everyone and I doubt that Drew is any exception. Pay the man what you owe him...find a way.

Quote:
3) The guy with the trans was trying to rip ME off. He was pissed because he got the T-5 late and the next thing I know he's saying it needs a full rebuild. So I told him I'd give him his money back and to just ship me the tranny back (I pay shipping) because I knew it was good. Funny.....never heard another thing out of him and that was 6 months ago
All part of the unbridled fun of using the internet to buy and sell parts to and from total strangers - and why I never, ever buy or sell that way. Life is far too short for the aggravation. Again: pay what you owe. It's the right thing to do. Hiding and excuses don't cut it when money is involved. You should realize that by now.

However, I'm pleased that you were not actually scamming another member and that this messy situatioon has hope of being amicably resolved.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:15 PM   #20
StangFlyer
Founder

Unhappy Re: Tireburner is a scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
All part of the unbridled fun of using the internet to buy and sell parts to and from total strangers - and why I never, ever buy or sell that way. Life is far too short for the aggravation.
I for one have bought many things (mostly computer related items) online from individual parties using eBay. And, although I have never purchased any automotive parts myself using the MW classifieds, I have sold parts thru our classified's here. My own personal experience thus far has been almost all positive. The only problem I've ever had is one time I sold the set of MAC headers I used to run back in the day on my 302 to some guy in NJ and sent them COD. UPS messed up and did not collect the COD and just left the package. Of course, the guy vanished after this and I suddenly couldn't get a hold of him. I did get my money, but had to go through the hassle of collecting from the UPS insurance. For the guy in NJ it was his lucky day at UPS' expense.

You just have to be smart about buying from classified's and use common sense. Here's a good FAQ about using the classified's that we've had up here for a long time.

In any event, this is the second time that this type of situation has come up with Josh on the site. Unfortunately, regardless of what's really going on... I don't have time to sort out Josh's classified misunderstandings nor do I want to. Quite understandably I would think, a moderator who has a knack for poor or controversial classified dealings does not reflect well on MW; not to mention themselves. As such, I have removed Tireburner as a moderator and changed his account status back to a standard member. I think that is best for MW, for our members, and for Josh.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote