MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Post Got another STANG!!!!

I got another Mustang last night to build after wrecking the other one. It's a '69 Fastback, 351 Cleveland and C4. The Cleveland is rebuilt, with a 650 Holley 2 timer, aluminum intake, and a Cobra Jet(?) cam. The C4 has a stall converter and a shift kit. Although the Cleveland is probably stronger than my 351 Windsor, I'm going to sell the Cleveland and keep my Windsor. What is this Cleveland worth? $650 or so? I know a guy that will buy it from me, for sure, I just need a price. My C4 out of the old car has a shift kit, but the stock converter, so the new C4 will be used. I think I'm going to try and get a bigger fuel pump also. I'm hoping that maybe this car will be able to run right around a 14 flat. Maybe a 14.1 or 14.2. What do you guys think?

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:45 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Why replace a stronger engine with a weaker one. Just keep the Clevland they make a LOT more toqure than a Winsor

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Mods: yanked air-intake silencer Future mods: V-8 or turbo 2.3 swap.

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 01:31 AM   #3
mustang marty gt

Question

hey 69 i love windsor's but the old cleveland is kinda, hard to find laying around anymore just a thought.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 02:53 AM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Because we built the Windsor ourselves. That's what was in the last car. I'm trying to make it pretty much the same car, with the exception of it being a fastback. I know it would make more power, the valves on Clevelands are huge (2.19/1.71). The valves on Windsors are tiny (1.84/1.54). But I am not looking for an all out drag car or anything like that. I like the way the Windsor looks inside my engine compartment. It is detailed and CLEAN. Check out my site in the sig or my User's Rides Index #745. Got some really nice pics in there of it.

Actually tireburner163, stock for stock, the Windsor made 5 more lbs./ft than the Cleveland, but 10 less bhp. The Cleveland is 15 lbs. heavier.

I'm not 100% sure the Windsor is going in it, but that's the way I'm leaning now.

We cut the roof to cowl pillars today. Took a lot off stress off the car. It straightened out a lot. The doors latch now and the trunk lid is aligned up again. This car probably could have been fixed after checking the frame out. But I'm glad we're going with a different car. I'll be much more satisfied. And a little less hesistant to do anything further to the engine. Should have the fastback in the garage within 2 weeks!

I'll sell you the Windsor if we go with the Cleveland tireburner. Got almost 300 hp with stock heads. Turns over my 295/50s pretty nicely. That'd be a swap, 2.3 to 5.8!!!

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 04:22 AM   #5
PKRWUD

Why not use the "old" C4 with the "new" convertor? Which one has more miles? How many miles are on the Cleveland? Have you gone over it to check it's condition? Before you make up your mind, check some things, like the compression (wet and dry), the cam lift at the valves (pull the valve cover and measure with a dial indicator), timing chain slop (watch the rotor while rocking the engine back and forth at the balancer bolt), and most important, attach a vacuum gauge and observe what it does at idle and while driving. If the Cleveland is in good shape, you'll be much happier keeping it!

BTW, by "650 Holley 2 timer", I presume you mean double pumper, yes? What's it's list #?

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 09:03 AM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

6T9PONY If you decide to use the Clevland drop me a line about the Winsor

P.S. how much for it?

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Future mods: V-8 swap. Fly it loud, Fly it proud!!!

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote