MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-22-2003, 02:31 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down Topless in a BAD WAY!

Hey ya'll...
Well we, (WhiteSnake, myself and the gang) did our usual friday night at Tequilla Willey's for Mex. food and margaritas, believe me after the week I have had, it was needed!...and I picked up my Topless and just got home...this has been an extremely long and grueling week...I must admit this has been the most financially, emotionally and physically draining week I have had yet this year, for MANY reasons. Here is the low-down..

After $800 (didnt expect that much) I had Topless's rack and pinion done, allighnment, and the clutch replaced. The clutch was Fried in many areas. While he had it on the rack my mechanic noticed that I had a bunch of Cracks on my Off Road H-Pipe, and a few sizeable holes(can you say EXAUST LEAK???)

Evidently my a/c was dripping on my pipe. He re-routed the line and welded the cracks and the holes for a temporary 'patch'. He is suggesting that instead of the H-pipe that I go ahead and make the move to a Hi-Flo cat, cuz emissions are gonna get really crappy around here. Even though I have a 'friend' that inspects my car, he thinks Iwill have a problem w/ it by the time I am ready next Feb. If they are REQUIRED to sniff them, they can get in major trouble, and I myself could get a $10,000 fine if busted....so my dilemma: do I get another H-pipe for now, or go ahead and bite the bullet and move on to the Hi Flow cats..

The first thing I noticed when I started to drive her for the first time was...I killed the damn engine!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE W/ THE NEW CLUTCH!!!! I was so used to JAMMING THE HELL out of my shifter, jamming it into gear and yanking it out of gear, bad enough to make my shoulder hurt for the past 10 months, I ended up stalling Topless 5 TIMES on a 5 minute drive home from my ex's house to my house!!!!!! I have NEVER been so embarrassed!!!! Mainly getting out of first gear! I just CANT get over the difference in the way it shifts now..I'm gonna have to completely retrain my driving now! Good thing we are judging a show across town in the morning...I will get some good practice. BUT...Topless is FILTHY...I give up tonight. We are not showing just displaying, but I ALWAYS like her to look good. I'm gonna shoot for a 5a.m. wakeup to wash her and clean her up.

On another bad note...remember some of you I had talked about that STEREO problem, and how it has worked since it got cold? WELL....NOT ANY MORE. My mech. said it worked till this afternoon so now, I am AGAIN with no *******' tunes!!!!!! THIS is VERY upsetting to me!!!!! he did fix the recall on my parking brake, and will fix the recall on the hood next week. I did not think it was a big deal, the hood, but evidently,weather its been wrecked or not, it can come apart. Guess i've been lucky!

Still need to get my top put on, 2 new tires, tune up, drivers seat, and my back bumper by May..

And...another upsetting thing today...Most of ya'll know, Ive been in my house a YEAR now!! Cost me a FORTUNE out of my pocket that it SHOULD NOT HAVE!!!! . Things the inspector overlooked...(cost me $4000 I should not have had to pay for, heater, a/c, etc.) Well, I got fed up w/ the faulty Toilet in my 1/2 bath downstairs, called the plumber out today...cost me ANOTHER $400!!!!!

Well, enough of that!!! anyways...i got my baby back. Shes feeling really really different, but in a GOOD way! Ijust gotta get used to driving her the way she SHOULD be...I did NOT realize how bad it was and for how long!!!!! REALLY...it feels great...just embarassing to stall at the lights!!!
We'll let ya'll know how things go at the Dyno Day show tomorrow!!!
TNT
Heres whats left of part of my clutch...ugggh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wasted clutch.jpg (25.2 KB, 99 views)

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!

Last edited by Topless In Texas; 02-22-2003 at 09:27 PM..
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Hey TNT! Keep your chin up. Things will work out.

As for the H-pipe dibacle, well, if you're fairly certain that they are going to start sniffing, then I would 'bite the bullet' and purchase the hi-flow cats. Definitely more money today, but could cost you even more if you buy another H-pipe today and then have to buy the hi-flow cats in a few months. JMO.

Sounds like the clutch was on it's last leg. Glad to hear that you got that fixed and working properly again.

Take it easy,
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

see what happens when you treat your car like your ex! haha!j/k
advice: when you are at a stop or a red light, make a habit to put it in neutral and keep your foot off the clutch! this save ALOT of wear and tear on your clutch. I have 98k on my original clutch. i have raced it at Cecil, and it still bites very well. just to prove to you, clutches if use correctly, can last over 100k if it is not a power monster of a car. remember put it in neutral, foot off the clutch.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up Drives AWESOME!!

We went out to the other side of town yesterday to judge the Dyno Daze show. I NEVER KNEW MY CAR COULD DRIVE SO GOOD!!!! The clutch started to go shortly after I put in my Tri-Ax last year. So, I didnt get much time to enjoy it!!! MAN...what a difference.. I didnt stall one time, so I think I'm getting used to it!

Eric: Looking into a high flow cat...I was not wanting to dump another $340 into that...Ive got too many other things I was WANTING to do. I need to find out how much longer the H-pipe will hold up for me.

SRV: Ya, most of the time I do keep it in N at the lights. Untill the last many months...the shifting got so hard to do, some time I would be stuck at the light forever trying to jam it into 1st gear, I found if I put it in gear before I stopped, at least I KNEW I'd be able to go!!!! But, for the most part, I usually do keep it in N. Thanks for the advice!!!

TNT

Old 02-24-2003, 01:27 AM   #5
moc
Registered Member

Default Hey Girl

I still Love you
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:18 AM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Hey Moc..

Thanks!!!!
Thats good 2 know!!!!

BTW: I MIGHT go tomorrow afternoon and get my rear tire patched....its got a rock in it if I pull it I'm gonna leak....When I make the run to Austin W/ the Cobra Club in a couple of weekends, I DONT want to be the one to break down!!!!
TNT

Old 02-24-2003, 12:08 PM   #7
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Now that is a nice looking clutch. You been hotrodding that car or what

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:29 PM   #8
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Been doing some 4000rpm clutch drops again Christine?

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:53 PM   #9
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Heyyyy! HTH you been? Haven't talked to you in AGES!

Anywho, I'd bite the bullet and go for the hi-flo cats, too. You're lucky that they're just starting the sniffer where you are. I've lived here for 14 yrs. and they've always had it here.

I think you've replaced just about everything except the glass in Topless!! LOL!
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote