MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-22-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation Topless Got A Lobotomy!!!!

UGGGGGGGGGHHHHH..
Well, as most of you know some of us are trying to get ready for the Mustang Club of AMERICA NATIONALS...this weekend at the Adams Mark Hotel in Houston...We will be arriving on Friday afternoon, and leaving on Sunday...After having Topless's new TOP and GLASS decorate my living room for the past 15 months, I FINALLY got it put on Monday....

ONLY because they judge w/ the tops UP....and OMG!!!!!! THEY DID A BADASS JOB!!!! I AM SO HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY OF WORK THEY DID!!!! The pics I have here are of the process, I have yet to get some of the finished product!! Not ONLY did they repaint my headliner and repair it and tighten it, the replaced 1/2 the foam pad that was wasted, and cleaned everything up and did not charge me an extra CENT for any of it!!!! I have seen some REALLY CRAPPY top jobs, and was VERY CONCERNED about the quality. They had NO problem w/ me hanging out in the work area...( most guys that do my work, KNOW thats a GIVEN...nobody does NOTHING to Topless w/out me there!) I RELUCTANTLY HAVE KEPT THE TOP UP SINCE MONDAY..he said to let it bake in the sun to help stretch it..that baby is TIGHT!!!!! as IS my headliner, (and BLACK too! ) I FINALLY today, could not resist, and had to put it down, but I cant tell ya'll how great the top looks...its an Electron Top/Glass...I paid an extra $100 for a defroster....duhhhhhh......we dont know if I have the damn wiring for the defroster or not. I've wished at times I had it, but did not think to check for the wiring, so I am unsure.

The guys called to see how much for a new headliner...mine is SOOOOOO faded, and it would show at the show...the h/l was $169!!!!!!!! I said no damn way...and thats when they threw in he paint on myheadliner!!! I showed them my Mag. spread from MM&FF and I think they got a kikk out of that....these are also the people that did my custom embroirdry on my headrests which yu can see if you go to Mustang Works, Girls Can too forum and look up my old Mare Of the Month....they did a badass job! I'm VERY happy..

so tomorrow I get to on my day of vacation:

1) Body shop, Put on new back bumper, replace weatherstrip on Cobra side marker lamps, touch up paint chips
2) Go to BOBS..(Camaro Kid) and Pressurewash my undercarriage
3) McCree Ford...pick up my shiny new ashtray.....Ya, really...I SMOKE and they DID look in the ASHTRAY at NATS 4 years ago! mine is rusted...and I'm not gonna let them get me on that one!
4) Wash coolant off my chrome in my engine....I was up till 1am last night putting in my NEW RADIATOR!!! I SPRUNG A LEAK! me and White Snake noticed it when we went to Silsby, but did not think it came from my car...well...it did....it cost me ANOTHER $180- and my ******* car OVERHEATED!!!!! My mech. did not have the fan hooked up right!!! I FREAKED OUT!!! THE GAUGE WAS ALL THE WAY TO HOT!!!!! Took a good 30 min. to cool it down, thank God no blown headgaskets, or a cracked block! Yu'd be burrying me in my car right about now!

Got to Blast and Polish my engine. I bought a Dremmell Polisher, I CANT WAIT TO USE!!!! and do my wheels...and my chrome to get the coolant off my chrome.. and also I want to repaint my steering wheel air bag. I got the paint from Ford.

Just wondering if I'm having high hopes getting all this done i one day.....I SHOULD have taken today off too....I intended to work on Topless 2night. Just not up to it....

so........ Wish me luck if I get a FRACTION of this stuff done, I'll be happy! anyways...heres the link to my webshots of stripping the top....I'll have pics of the new top in the next few days...AGAIN...they did a GREAT JOB>..if ya'll need an uppolstry person...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM! Ya'll know how picky I am!!!
Hope to see ya'll this weekend, if I dont have a total mental breakdown by then!
TNT
http://community.webshots.com/album/74017561eeFTtr

this link better work!!!!!!!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 01:39 AM   #2
mmacdone
Registered Member

Cool

Hey CC - looks like that top was in real bad shape! I like the duct tape on the rear passenger side I don't know how you could stand there and watch them dismantel your baby like that! Do you show it with the seat covers? Wouldn't they deduct points?

Mike
Old 05-22-2003, 01:45 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking :)

lol...ya, as far as my seats go..I'm SCREWED.....I'm hoping that the new top, and bumper will help but my seats are shot....

The guys that did my top had a great idea for my seats...all of them for $700. Im just NOT in the position to do it now....I hope to one day....at least i went from SILVER duct Tape to BLACK duct tape!!! BUT man, if i get ANY LESS than a PERFECT SCORE on my top and headliner, i will be one pissed mo fo. It will all come in time...unfortunatley....it will take ALOT of time....BUT ...I will have NICE seats one day! just gotta take it a little bit at a time!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:15 AM   #4
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Hey CC, I'm glad to see you finally got your new top put on. It's about time Can you send me the information (name, phone number, location/address) of that place, I need to get some spots repaird in my GF's convt top.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 10:29 AM   #5
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Cool

Nice pics.

lol @ my baby in surgery

Where is the finished product????
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 02:12 PM   #6
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

WOW!!!! I've never seen her without the bra, looks REALLY good!!! You should let that beautiful paint glisten in the sunshine instead of covering it up...
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote