MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2002, 03:56 PM   #1
BLOCKER
Registered Member

Default Some times life can be frustrating..

I spent all winter getting my stang ready for this summer, I bought a complete Mac exaust system for it (headers to tips), I ripped out the interor to have it restored, and I spent about $1700 canadain to custom fit a Cobra rear bumber and new front bumper cover and paint to match (not easy because of the custom blue of my car). Unfortunatley I decided to accept a job that is about 5 hours away from my home town of LETHBRIDGE. (the job is in EDMONTON) and now my stang is still in LETHBRIDGE and in peices. I was looking forward to a summer of cruising and fun and now on my next trip to LETHBRIDGE I am going to be spending about 2 days of 7 inorder to put the stang back together and get her driveable again, only to leave it five days after that.

I would bring the car to EDMONTON with me but unfortunatly I have no place to park it/ store it. (sorry I love EDMONTON but I don't trust some of the people who live here). Besides were I work (WEST EDMONTON MALL) has the highest stolen car rate in the city.

well thanks for letting me vent...

-2008 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200
-2008 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
-1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertable
BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:21 PM   #2
PKRWUD

At least you still have the car. Could be so much worse. I was expecting to read that it caught fire or something. Granted, it's not a real happy ending, but it could be a lot worse.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:23 PM   #3
BLOCKER
Registered Member

thanks for the reply,

your right it could be alot worse, and I have already had a stang catch fire,

everything will work out in the end....
Old 07-07-2002, 04:26 PM   #4
PKRWUD

Oh schit! I'm sorry! I guess that was a bad example to give!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
digital3.3

yeah blocker i know how you feel, i don't like to my mustang at Metrotown in Burnaby here. nearly every person i know has had there car broken into in the underground parking there. what security options have you looked into for it?
Old 07-07-2002, 04:40 PM   #6
BLOCKER
Registered Member

The car has an alarm on it, (but the alarm sucks and nobody cares about cars with alarms anymore)

I am looking for a garage to store it in (trying to talk my uncle into letting me use his)

Or a "self" storage locker for the winter.

the car is very safe in LETHBRIDGE right now for a couple of reasons:

1 I store it in my dads garage (unless he needs to use it)
2 my car is know by almost every mustanger in Lethbridge so if any one around is driving it they know that person shouldn't be.
3 car theft is only a problem in LETHBRIDGE in the winter and some fool leaves his/her car running while they go into watch the hockey game.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:43 PM   #7
digital3.3

oh yeah lethbridge is a great place i've been there myself a few time and a few of my friends used to live there. good luck finding a garage for it. what about kill switches?
Old 07-07-2002, 04:50 PM   #8
BLOCKER
Registered Member

yeah thats a realy good idea,

Ideas for locations....

or could i use one of those switch panles that mount in the ash tray.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #9
digital3.3

i had one in my truck, it was hidden up behind the bottom of the dash, kinda behind my stereo. but i would put it somewhere that is so not obvious. one guy i know had it hidden inside the shift boot and had it set up so you coundn't see it. and it was hidden a little under the console piece there so the shifter wouldn't hit and shut down the car.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Default CAPITAL

BLOCKER;

Is there any special reason you put all cities and towns, like EDMONTON and LETHBRIDGE in capital letters?

No flame or insult intended here, just a bit of curiosity is all.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:59 PM   #11
digital3.3

i think its one of those albertain things........just kidding
Old 07-07-2002, 05:00 PM   #12
BLOCKER
Registered Member

good idea, thanks
Old 07-07-2002, 05:02 PM   #13
BLOCKER
Registered Member

It's actualy a habit from work, when I write reports I have to write all NAMES, CITIES, and DATES in capital letters.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:13 PM   #14
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hey BLOCKER,

I think I can kinda understand how you feel. But in a slightly different way. I just got a '91 LX 4-banger hatch for my work car (in December 2001) and the transmission hasn't been wanting to keep the stinking fluid in it for some reason. I've changed the pump seal and the pump, and I just got finished putting it back in the car this afternoon (in like FLIPPIN 99 DEGREE WEATHER!!!). The thing that sucks is that for the last 3 weeks, at least-- more like the last month--I've had to drive my '79 stang around in this blistering HEAT, 45 minutes both ways to work. And the car is really pissing me off cause it's so LOUD inside since I removed the carpet to install roll cage (6-point). It's like pizza, it's awesome every weekend or say, every other day, but EVERY DAY FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER would really SUCK!. THat's like driving the '79 b/c of the stripped down condition it is in right now. Oh yeah, it's fun and all for weekends and nights every once in a while, but not everyday, LOUD, in 95-103 (LITERALLY) degree weather for 40 minutes each way. And all b/c the 91 doesn't want to behave. The '79 wouldn't be so LOUD if the carpet wasn't removed, but I didn't know the stinking tranny in the '91 would start acting up so, hey.

You know, I like learning and doing as much as I can myself b4 asking others for help (which includes taking the car to the shop), but sometimes I get FRUSTRATED with this whole drag mustang/ fast car hobby. Sometimes the thought comes to my head, man, just pay someone to do it all. Progress is slow, b/c Mon-Thurs I work 10 hrs/day, so when I arrive home, I'm hot and drained of energy and just want to go inside and relax. Sometimes I still go outside and mess with the car. But pretty much I'm a loner with the Mustang building. I gotta do most this stuff myself. No help (my dad helps whenever he can--thank GOD), but still. I had to drive about 1 hr to the guy (just a friend of a friend of a friend--- Most times, I rather go to private persons for work I cant' do myself rather than shops, just to save money) who welded in my roll cage-- in the STINKING HOT SUN and LOUD car. It'd be GREAT to have a garage, but I don't have one. CRAP. When I graduate from graduate school and get my house, dude, I WILL HAVE A LIFT, air tools, at LEAST a 2-car garage that can be airconditioned (air conditioner in the window) and much more. Just right now, I jsut gotta work with what I got. I'm saving money by doing a lot myself, so much of the hard work has paid off. But Progress is still slow. I'm not one to quit and I know what I want, and I plan on getting it.

*deep breath*

Haaaaaaaa.... That helped..... Sorry to use your post to vent BLOCKER, just want you to know I know how it is to be a little frustrated in this Mustang-building world. I do feel much better now. Thanks.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 06:58 PM   #15
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile CAPITAL LETTER mystery solved

Blocker:

Thanks for the explanation.

Makes sense, too.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote