MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-01-2003, 12:03 AM   #1
ac97gt
Registered Member

Default fog lights

im not trying to bombard the board with posts but i just have a few questions now that im registered im not sure if i should have posted this here but my foglights dont seem to work. now im not sure if they are just burnt out or what, i havent really looked into it, but i put on my headlights and flip the switch, the orange "on" indicator comes on, but the foglights dont. i dont know if this is a common problem, or how quickly the foglights tend to burn out, but i couldnt find which fuse it might be in the manual, and im not really sure where to start... any ideas? thanks!

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 04:31 AM   #2
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

first thing to do is check the switch itself. if it looks burned replace it. in fact you might just replace it anyway. ford was having trouble with some years of fox mustangs with the headlight and fgo light switchs not handling the current. if that does not cure the problem, then check to make sure you have current at the lights. if you do then you need to replace the bulbs. if not then check the wiring, and the fuse box for burnt, or broken fuses and wires. after you get the lights working, consider installing relays to carry the current for both fog light s and the head lights. that wya the switchs will work for a very long time as they carry only minimal current insteas of the full current.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
StalkerStang
Registered Member

Have you lowered your car any from stock heigth? If you have you might want to check your wires! If it is anyting like my car the wires got loose when I went over a speed bump. Try that and see. Hope that u get them working.....

~~~You laughed you pointed and then you got beat compliments of the bottle behind my seat!~~~
StalkerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:31 PM   #4
ac97gt
Registered Member

Default found it!!

for anyone who wondered, i found the problem... it seems the bulbs must be quite old because they actually fell apart, the bulb itself came unsoldered from the prongs, and the other side was a smashed/rusted bulb... it seems these lights get quite a bit of water dripping on them because they were pretty rusty. i double checked the wiring for power, and with the switch on it HAS power, so a new bulb should do the trick! thanks for your help.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote