MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2002, 08:06 PM   #21
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

pokey i used to be a chevy guy all the way,you couldnt get me to even look at a ford,but when i reached my mid 20's, i bought a 69 cougar,351w auto ,i couldnt tear it up,no matter how much he-- i gave it,now i laugh at chevy's they may be fast but they just dont last,i tell the 2 dummie's at work not to bolt their hood down ,because they will be pulling it off in 2 or 3 week's for another re-build,hahaha,what's funny is i never have seen these b.a. camaro's yet,when i ask well? where is that awesome car ,the reply, uh im still working on it, oh yeah,haha --- oh yes srv1 my boss alway's say's to me ,why your the ford expert,i tell him i dont know much about ford's because i only have to open my hood to change oil, or general maint,but i can re-build a chevy with my eye's closed hehe.l8ter

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03

Last edited by Crazy Horse GT; 03-09-2002 at 08:12 PM..
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 10:06 AM   #22
Five0
Registered Member

I don't get a lot of that around here because I work with all ford guys and around here mustang’s rule the street.
Every once in a while I do have a customer come in and give me a hard time but I always just shrug it off and pat them on the shoulder and tell them not to worry, not everyone can be perfect.
That usually shuts them up.

I hear people talk a lot of smack but when they hear my car start up they usually don't want to race anymore.

I really need to get that thing quieted down some more.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 10:55 AM   #23
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I get ragged on all the time. But I don't mind. It's just another mark on the bullet for the 30.06.

J/K

But anyhow, I don't mind becuse My $500 '66 mustang is more realiable then most Chevy's. It's only let me down once.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:12 PM   #24
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Ragged on but not ragged out

Hey guys I know the feeling about getting ragged on! Everyone at work gives me **** about being a Ford nut. They all drive chevys except one who went from having a Vette to buying a 67 fastback to make into a Shelby clone after getting his vette stomped. Now he just kinda sits and listens to us go back and forth on how crappy each others ride is. But ....... come to think of it they dont have their chevys running...... Ha ha. I took em for a ride in the car the other day and they did shut up for a while and now consider me out of the ranks or somthing. But it runs in my family, my dad goes thru the same at the plant he works at and he tells me just to suck it up and it makes for a better kill when your the underdog. Dont let em get ya down guys!!!! Some talk it and we walk it !..... later..
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:39 PM   #25
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I'm lucky because i work at a Ford dealership and most people there usually only bash cars like Focuses and Contours. There are alot of POS fords out there. Just like there's alot of POS Chevy's and Chryslers, and any kind of import. Cars break that's all there is to it. Usually people with the strongest allegiance to a vehicle that don't have proof that a vehicle sucks is usually too dumb to argue with any ways.
I always found it funny when a chevy owner (one of my old acquaintances) would bring up pintos exploding (which i heard....probably not true.....but only 26 pintos actually ended up blowing up) and i would then say......yeah, what's next at ford....putting saddle bag gas tanks in their trucks for 30 some odd years just like Chevy did killing countless people. That usually shuts up that argument.
I don't pay attention to when someone says, "that car sucks" i usually just nod and agree. Someone can't argue when you pretend to agree with them.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:26 PM   #26
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

I used to get ragged on, and I didn't know why...

...then, one day, the kid with the "fastest car" wanted to race me across the parking lot. He had an Olds Achieva with some stupid rice mods and a pair of racing seats. I humiliated him, of course, but then word got around that I had a V8, and then suddenly everybody thought it was cool. Turns out everybody thought it was a 2.3L just beacuse it was a coupe.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote