MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 11:54 PM   #21
Frank VandenBerg
Registered Member

Someone pass me another "Canadian" beer,I'm having fun now.
BTW all 429's were canted valved dumass. And as for my post count, try averaging 3500 miles in 5 1/2 days since 98. And get no time to pull my pud or sit my a$$ on the computer and pretend I'm god of the Mustang. 2.33=bad traction

FV#69
Old 11-24-2001, 12:14 AM   #22
Itgoez
Registered Member

Whoa! Hoss, what's up with this? You must be running on the edge or plain beat. Slow down and live yourself. 3500 avg./wk. is no way to live. Maybe take a few days off and RELAX! I'll come and get and go to the bar, man. Pick up a phone and dial. Simple. You can help with the new motor, I'm picking it up on the weekend. God damn this is a chat room thing not a place to vent. I guess everyone has their breaking point.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:55 AM   #23
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down WHO ASKED YOU ANYWAYS???

WTF????
And just where do yu get off coming into MW and bashing ANYONE??? I myself am old enough to be alot of these guys mother, and I've learned alot from them....
Just cause they might not be earning 6 figures, and they happen to enjoy thier computer time, WHATS WRONG W/ THAT??? Most of these guys could rebuild thier engines blindfolded....
I sense a little jealousy here!!!! Tell you what, if you think this site has gone downhill, then maybe you should find another one to bash!!! These are a great bunch of guys, and You dont have to be OLD to love your car, or to be knowledgeable about it!!!!
I couldn't let this one go!!! If your so old and mature, you then why did you make a post so STUPID AND CHILDISH, looking to stir up sh**?
PGKELLY: I hope I'm included in that over 30 list that can be trusted!!!!
GEEESH!!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Old 11-24-2001, 01:19 AM   #24
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Frank:

You've had your opportunity to vent, now I'll have mine.

I don't recall anyone here asking you for your opinion but since you took the trouble to offer them I'll take the time to respond:

First, your comments would have been more appropriate on the the Site Feedback forum.

I disagree with your conclusions regarding the quality of Mustang Works Online.
The site has not only grown in numbers of members but in quality, features and general informational content. There is a lot more to Mustang Works Online than just messageboards. Check it out. Dan McClain has put a lot into this site to make it the best on the web. 16,000 + members agree.

You can get a lot of useful Mustang mechanical help here without your post getting lost in the crowd or, in most cases, being ridiculed because you asked a basic Mustang question. We strive to keep a user-friendly site and work hard to monitor the boards and keep it clean and hopefully, useful for everyone.

Understand that many young people (teens) buy their first Mustang every day of the week and if they are into computers and the internet, they naturally gravitate to sites such as Mustang Works Online. If the fact that young people post here bothers you Frank, I have no solution for you; it's the nature of performance cars and websites that aim for that segment of the car-owning population.

Why do you suppose the Mustang magazines keep running articles on basic stuff every few months? They understand that the audience keeps turning over as well as growing and 'newbies' are going to look for that basic information, just as you may have done at some point.

What you might have missed is the fact that in most cases, no one can diagnose a car problem and walk you through a repair online with anything like 100% accuracy. We can suggest and point you in the right direction but we can't fix your car for you or knock a second off your et but we can make some reasonable, helpful suggestions if you're willing to listen. Some people are not willing. Of course there are know-it-alls at every garage, car show and race track. Better get used to it. Everybody wants to believe they know a little more than the next guy and egos don't get smaller on the internet, they just have to type it out instead of talking.

I figure that, for a new member that hangs around this site, over a few months time the fakes and phonys will be obvious and the knowledgable people will be just as obvious but the blowhards will always be with us, either way.

As on any internet messageboard, a lot of folks get testy when challenged about anything and it's easy to play tough, curse and talk big behind a keyboard, monitor and a fake name. That's an ugly fact of internet life.

Unfortunately, as you must have known would happen, the hostile and confrontational tone of your posts automatically generated like responses and it's obvious that this thread will rapidly degenerate into a name-calling flame war, as most folks don't like to be told they are immature, inexperienced or otherwise unworthy of contributing to this forum.

You reap what you sow, Frank.
Hostility breeds hostility and all that sneering hostility I'm seeing on this thread (not only from you) goes right against our messageboard policy so in the interest of maintaining civility I'm closing this thread as it has no real point anymore.

You had your chance to voice your opinion - and more. Others have weighed in. That about covers it. Time to fold this one up and go home.
Closed Thread