MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-20-2001, 10:53 AM   #1
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Post Busted! (long)

Yesterday afternoon I’m cruising back to work through an area known for motorcycle cops setting up speed traps. I keep a lookout and keep the speed at the limit of 40MPH, wasn’t hard because I was stuck behind an old lady right next to her was her sister I think! Anyway I get through the bad spot and to a light, I’m in the right lane with the old lady in front of me. I was so busy looking for motorcycle cops in front of me I never though to look behind me for any cops in the traffic following (mistake #1). Now the entrance into my work is less than ½ mile up the road on the left so I needed to get around this barricade of old ladies.

The light goes green and I drive normal till I get an opening to get around the lady in front of me, she’s doing 20 and a 40 zone. So while still in 2nd I stomp on it to get around traffic and shift 3rd hard chirping the tires and just let off. Now someone else behind me a Mercedes follows and I’m just coasting at about 50 and getting into the turn lane for work, that’s when I notice the all too familiar flashing of blue lights. So I make a U-turn instead of pulling into the parking lot at work (didn’t feel like have everyone at work laugh while I’m ticketed). The cop follows me over off the side of the road, I put my windows down and get all my information out (I know the routine) and get ready for the usual reaming about driving and such.

I knew this was no one’s fault other than my own, but it was just one of those days where you just love driving your car, it was beautiful weather out, the car is running great, I have time off for my trip to Virgina for the FFW race. So after waiting 3 or 4 minutes he walks up to the car and says “How’s it going?” I hand him my information and he says, “I don’t need that.”. At that point I’m thinking he just wants to yell at me and no ticket…cool! Then he proceeds to tell me he just pulled me over to check out my car, I’m thinking yeah right. He asked me about what I had done to the motor and we BS’d for 10 minutes or so about the car. Talked about gears and such. He said that when I took off he felt the bottom of his car vibrate and wanted to know what I had done to my car to make it do that (gotta love dumps!). He was really cool, he also thanked me for stopping and not running. He said his cruiser had a governor on it to limit speed to 90MPH so he wouldn’t have caught me (yeah like I’m out running anyone with 3.5” wheels up front). Also apologized for scaring me there by pulling me over but said it was the only way to get through traffic so he could check it out.

I’ve never had any luck with Broward county sheriffs but I guess there’s always a first for that! Anyways just thought I’d share my story.

------------------
00 GT, MAC Offroad H, Steeda Pulleys & Timing Adjuster, 4.10’s, Flows w/turndowns, UPR shifter, UPR Pro Series LCA’s, Lakewood 70/30’s & 50/50’s, Weld Pro Stars, Kaenen Cobra R Hood, 253.8 RWHP/292.8RWTQ
12.91@101.93 (1.74 60ft)
M/M 100, 7085
Recent Pic from Moroso
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 11:01 AM   #2
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

That's pretty cool. I don't think that cops
exist like that here.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 11:31 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Cool, man, I had a similar thing happen to me on Clematis St. There were girls in a parking lot checking out the car as I was leaving, and my best friend says smoke 'em, so I did..... big time! As soon as I made it to the end of the block roasting the tires, I look to the left and see four cop cars just sitting there hangin out. I said ohhh $hit! Needless to say, one of them turned his lights on and came for me. He was real cool, he looked and saw the gauges and said, "what did you do with this car?" I ran off a short list, and he said, "you're lucky one of the traffic cops didn't get ya!" and to"take it easy... at least in town..."

That has happened a few times, I think a lot of cops like muscle cars, and sometimes give breaks just for that reason! I know if I was pulled over in the Olds, I would have gotten a ticket for sure!
Good story, man!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 12:48 PM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

I think you might be right that a lot of cops like muscle cars. I won't go into any stories or anything. Don't want to push my luck. Knock on wood. Every time I was ever pulled over in my non-stock Mustang, I get questions about it, but no ticket. I know that the state patrol has clocked me at at least 15-20 over speed limit and they didn't come after me. I've had them flick their lights at me to take it easy. I don't think they like ricers. I see them pulled over all the time.

Okay, I lied, here's a story. When I got my Mustang way back in 89, so did the Minnesota State Patrol. I was really curious as to how theirs would look. One day I was driving along, doing 70 in a 55 and noticed an LX behind me. We shot down the ramp doing like 75 to go from one interstate to the next. As I got a closer look, I noticed that he had these weird square fog lights. It hit me then, so I started to slow down. It was one of the new patrol cars. The guy just waved and went by me. They were marked, but only on the passenger side door. I was relieved he didn't pull me over and just wrote it off as respect from a fellow Stanger.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:09 PM   #5
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Well I got pulled over once when I was riding around town with the slicks on. The cop was tottally cool. He sat and talked to me about track times, what I had done, what the car runs etc. He said, I didnt give you a ticket cuz I know you don't street race cuz I've seen the paint from the track on your windows.

He said, just dont ride around with those slicks on in town anymore.

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
50-175 Nitrous Works WET Kit just added.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 09:21 PM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up

That is just WAY TOO COOL!!!! Unfortunately, I only get tickets. I've got only 2 weeks now left to take defensive driving. But I've got a story too, unfortunately its about a Sheby Car!!
We were all caravanning back from a car-show(my club has everything, not just Stangs). And One of the guys in my club, he's about 65 or 70 years old. Tall and skinny. Got a real pretty younger wife. Anyways, he's got a Blown '55 Chevy. MASSIVE blower!! Tubbed out. He drives like a maniac,(like we would) and has no fear. Well, he got pulled over, the cop checked out his car and told him that he wanted him to run it for him so he could see!!! So he stomped on it and left smoke. Blew our minds. That was Way Too Cool. of corse this guy has all the luck, he always wins Best of Show, the 50/50 and all the door prizes and raffles too! Guess some people are just born that way!!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 10:07 PM   #7
oldman
Registered Member

In hutchinson county, texas there is a highway patrolman here who races a 93 gt, tubbed and red as h*ll. (high elevens, low twelves) He's pulled my youngest son over twice to check out his stang. THe other trooper who works the opposite shift would write his mother for makin him so ugly if she hadn't left him in an alley when he was born. Takes all kinds I guess.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 10:17 PM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking

Well,
Allright, but yet another Texan!! Hi oldman!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 12:17 AM   #9
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Cops HATE ricers!

Signed,The Cops
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 01:12 AM   #10
sturg1

Angry

I guess I get pulled over enough for all of you guys, I think cops just hate anyone under the age of 25 personally. At least that has been my experience

------------------
89 5.0 Coupe, 5.0 roller motor, stock cam, stock heads. performer rpm intake, 600 cfm edelbrock, 3.73's, 14.335@100.99 with a 2.260 60ft time
Old 06-21-2001, 02:04 PM   #11
oldman
Registered Member

Hey Topless. I have a lot of friends in the Houston/Clear Lake area. We have a corporate office there and I get to go down under about twice a year. Last I heard you folks was givin swimmin lessons to truckers down that a way.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote