MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-06-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Unhappy OH NO I could be losing my best friend!!!!

I took my dog to the vet today just to get her rabies shot and the news I recieved from her check up wasnt good. My dog Pup is going to be 15 years old this November and she was the first dog I ever had. I've had her since I was in 1st grade. Shes such a sweetie! The vet did a bunch of blood tests and he found two lumps under her skin, one of which is portruding outward. The lumps may be cancerous. The vet is going to do more tests this weekend on the lumps and he wants to check her kidneys too. I never thought her condition could hit me this hard.

My mom and I have decided IF the procedure is going to be too expensive and painful for her or just plain painful we are going to put her down. We both want to be there if indeed that happens. It is scary knowing that this just may be her last week. I am looking on the bright side and trying not to think about what could be bad. I just hope its nothing serious.

I hace been crying off and on and I havent been able to sleep or anything and Pup is all i think about. I had to pay $133 for the tests today and another $400 for surgery and Stage 2 bloodwork this Friday.
As long as she gets better I'll pay any amount.

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
gt lee

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that about Pup, they are just like kids. I had to give my poodle away when I got cancer and I really miss her. But I know she is being taken care of real good.
I have to agree that if she is going to be in pain I would have her put down too. And it will be real hard on you and your mom. Please let us know how Pup is doing. Odie
Old 07-06-2002, 12:24 PM   #3
PKRWUD

Life really sucks sometimes. It's totally unfair that the ones who are the closest, and who have nothing but love to give, and never complain, are the ones that are around the shortest. People suck. Animals rock.

I have 7 cats, one of which has chronic bronchitis. She is dying, but she's not in pain. I will have to put her down soon, though, and it rips me apart. I still don't know how I'm going to do it.

I don't know what to say, other than spend every minute you can with Pup, and get the most out of the time that is left. Rick (RBatson) suggested to me to save a life when my cat dies by rescuing a kitten from the pound. Perhaps you could find a puppy and do something similar.

In any case, I sincerely wish you the very best. You have a rough road ahead of you, but you also a lifetime of great memories that no one can ever take away.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 02:31 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

im sorry girl, that sux, i have had & lost a lot of great dog's myself, i remember each & everyone of them, i finally got a rott, then had to give her away, along with lee's poddle, i had waited a long time to get a rott, but, i know what was more important, i wish you the best, dont let pup suffer, i have too get people to put my dog's down, i can't - a person out to harm me - no biggie, i wish you well, it aint easy like chris said they love you no matter what, take care, so sorry

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 02:47 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Losing a pet

OnMyThirdStang:

I'm so sorry to hear of your possible impending loss.

Next to a child, a loved pet is probably the hardest thing to let go of.

'Pup' is 15 (over 100 in human terms) and you've had her company a very long time. If it's cancer, putting her down in a gentle, peaceful sleep is the last, best thing you can do for your best friend.

We did this for a 6 year old pedigreed Boxer that was my childhood companion. Stomach cancer and much pain made the decision a bit easier but it was hard, no lie. I still miss that beautiful dog. You'll miss Pup too, but you've had a lot of years with her and a gentle sleep is a good way to go for any pet when their pointless pain and suffering is the only other option.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and of course, we wish you well as you approach this (possible) decision of saying good-bye to your best friend.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote