MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Default Crapptacilar Rockers

Hey guys,

Iv been busy not to mention i lost the site name.. i know. Well I was driving the 87 gt t-top and i was playing around speed shifting and i got a knock... took off the tapit cover and turns out the machinst who promised the rockers to be more then strong enough lies and a rocker had a quarter size break out of the bottom side of it... .Thought i would give you guys a heads up C.A.T Performance rockers are crap.... save your money if you thought about buying them.. if you have never heard of them.. count your self lucky. Now i have the pleasure of taking off the intake, and heads to properly fix the problem... If any one is in oklahoma DJ Motors... dont stop just keep going pass the sign.
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
andy669
Registered Member

Default Re: Crapptacilar Rockers

Why do you need to take the heads and intake off to change a rocker arm? Did something else break?

Just because a rocker arm broke does not mean that your engine builder lied to you. Things like that happen. Welcome to the world of high performance. I have seen Jesels break, doesnt mean they are junk.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Default Re: Crapptacilar Rockers

The Rod guide ear was broken off as well, and they are pressed in so i had to take off the head to take properly take care of it... The rocker broke at 4500 rpm.. he said they were good for 7000
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote