MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #21
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

I think it has been a few years since I've been here. I traded the 01 for a truck in 04. I sold the 90 about 4 weeks ago, and bought a Comp Orange 04 GT with 28k miles on it. It had been about 5 years since I had a driveable mustang. This one is stock, with the exception of some mufflers I had welded on (because stock exhaust notes are just boring to me). With working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, having a house to maintain, and a wife to keep happy, this one will pretty much stay stock for a while. Being that it is now my only vehicle and daily driver, I need to keep it as reliable as I can until I can get something else to drive.

The site has definitely changed since I was regularly posting on here (which has probably been 5+ years). It looks to have changed for the better, but admitteldy, I havent done any real digging around to see what has been added.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #22
Harry
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0 View Post
Dan McCain (whom I've never met)
Mr. 5.0
Hah, I met him. I went all the way to Michigan and had dinner with him. He talked my ear off, then was too cheap to pick up my dinner. LOL
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #23
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
Hah, I met him. I went all the way to Michigan and had dinner with him. He talked my ear off, then was too cheap to pick up my dinner. LOL

Hey now, I'm not cheap I'm just frugal... ha ha! But, if it'll make you feel better come back up some time and I'll buy you dinner.

What was that... like 10 years ago I met you? lol

How's EDS? Actually, that would be HP now.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #24
rob90gt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green lx View Post
i've been a member since 96 or 97 (lost that login long ago). had a 5.0 and couldn't wait to get mm&ff to read the mail and ask Bernie and then i found Mustangworks, i was in awe! new to the internet and computers and became hooked on mustangworks, then corral, then original member of stangnet. stangnet was funny, there was the owner and about 5 or 6 others and we used to chat on their chat program while the site was getting squared away.

now i come back and just happen to remember my old log in named after my old 92 dark emerald green lx and nobody is here. mr. 5.0 was everywhere here and now i see he hasn't visited in months.

hope this site picks up, because it started it all for this young guy with a bolt on car who learned how to rebuild motors, supercharge, turbocharge, nitrous, etc... all from the internet and it all started here.

guess the 5.0's are dying! where are the days when we pitied the poor modular guy?

oh well, i still have 3 5.0's in my stable, including a 10sec turbo car and 1 h/c/i 95 and a bone stock 94 5.0
Been a while since I've been to this site. I can relate to many things you are saying. I'm glad I found this post. Learned a lot from this site hopefully it will return to how it was a long time ago.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
rob90gt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue88 View Post
Things change over time. I'm in the same boat. My priorities have changed. I still own my '88 but haven't done any work on it for a long time. This must be my first post in years.

I remember Stangnet in it's infancy. Here's another blast from the past - anyone else remember the MuscleStang BB?
I also remember MuscleStang! Man that was back in the day. Like everyone else, I got married, bought a house, had a kid. I had around 10 close friends with mustangs & I'm the only one left that still has their original car. Been driving it lately so I've been hittin up the sites I use to visit.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #26
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I still check in from time to time, but rarely post.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool Re: Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

Another lurker and rare poster for 'back in the day'.
Interesting .. reading through the responses and how much they echo my own. I always enjoyed the knowledge base and information shared ... but that's what its all about right?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #28
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Been a long time for sure. I don't see much action on any of the old sites really. Good to see you're all doing well though!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #29
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Yeah, its been a while since I posted. Good to see some familiar names.

I'm on my third foxbody, a 1993 Mustang GT with some of the basic mods done to it. That's how it will probably stay for a while as married life and two young kids take up time and money. I'm just happy to be able to still have a 5.0 for a "toy", "weekend", "nice weather" car.

Dan - I see you are in South Lyon. I'm in New Hudson (Lyon Twsp.). Not a bad place to live in the Detroit Metro area.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #30
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTU 50 View Post
Dan - I see you are in South Lyon. I'm in New Hudson (Lyon Twsp.). Not a bad place to live in the Detroit Metro area.
Hey MTU,

I'm in the township. Just moved out this way after being in Farmington Hills for ~12 years. The new location is great... love it. You're probably 5-10 minutes from me.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
Old 08-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #31
USMC302
Registered Member

Yeah, I still check in every couple of months. Learned a lot here and still very much into racing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: