MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-23-2001, 12:13 PM   #21
1989GT
Registered Member

Nice to see the support of all you guys. I'm currently serving in the Army. I'm in for 6 years (5 and 1/2 to go) so looks like I'm in for the long haul. I'm glad that you all want to join but if you have a wife and kids, I would wait until you are really needed. No sense in joining just to sit in a country half way across the world while your wife is at home wondering if you are coming back. And you might not even see combat. I'm not married, but I have a girlfriend that I love very much. And it's tough being away from her. So do use all a favor and take care of you kids and wife, until the time comes. Then if you choose join us. Good luck!

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 06:13 PM   #22
mustang marty gt

Wink

damn 69 fastback i almost figured out what you were saying, then i had another beer & lost it , just kidding the military does teach you, to cuss & drink that i know for a fact, but i found out the hard way when you get older , it really take's a toll on you , just the smell of whiskey , etc make's me want to power hurl now. im glad though cause i feel a little better than i used to in the morning, but have fun with it now .take care

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 06:33 PM   #23
Extremestang

BIGWHITECOBRA,
I've been serving my country now for over six years, i have a wife and 6 month old little girl to think about now. I am probably going on deployment real soon. The thought of leaving them behind really hurts. In my opinion, if you have a family to care for, there are enough of us out here to get the job done. Glad to see your willing to fight for your country, but think about what your leaving before you sign your life away.

Brian Mertes CM2 USN
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 07:33 PM   #24
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

Extremestang you have all the support that an old vet can give you ,you take care & i hope you are not inf. i was feild arty that was enough . my best memory was in the gulf , when we rolled by a 2 to 3 mile long trench of 101st inf only one of them stood up & yelled& held up his hand , he knew if the arty was rolling by, his a$$ was safe just wish i would have had a camera.all i can say.good luck my bro!come home!

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 11:45 PM   #25
Extremestang

No, i am actually a SEABEE. A special unit of the Navy. We are generally called a support unit, but there have been times when were out there in the front. I will do my damndest to return home, you can count on that brother. Made it back from Kosovo....

Thanks for your support mustang marty
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 02:27 AM   #26
todd95GT
Registered Member

Thumbs down

this was originally a reply to the "excuses" comment made above. too frustrated with that ignorant mentality to even reply. deleted my entire response, might have been a little too rash.

[This message has been edited by todd95GT (edited 09-24-2001).]
todd95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 12:21 PM   #27
Mach 1
Registered Member

Whats that? Your too ignorant to reply?

I was gonna let this one go, but you pissed me off.

Dont call my mentality ignorant when I made a sound comment and you cant even state your reason for being upset.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 04:20 PM   #28
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Extremestang

Props for being a SEEBEE. Awesome, you guys do great work.

This from an USAF guy.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 11:57 PM   #29
todd95GT
Registered Member

My reason for being pissed off is this: You made a comment insulting my character-insinuating that any reason I never enlisted was simply an "excuse"-also inferring that any excuse would not suffice. Well, at 17 years old, my future wife seemed more important to me, as did the reconstructive knee surgery I was facing to repair damaged cartilage. Saying that was simply an "excuse" offended me even more when I thought of my father's brother, my uncle Gerald, who lost his life at 33 years old in Viet Nam. And because my father just retired from a twenty two year military career. And because you were so quick to insult my character (and that of BADA$$LX since he agreed with me)by assuming I didn't have what it takes to serve this country....well, I serve this country every single day. I pin a badge over my heart before leaving my house for work every single day, and walk out my front door facing the very reality that I may not come home. I fight a war every day-one that some will laugh at for my sounding somewhat corny, one that some will say doesn't even exist. I get high on the feeling of resucitating an infant who has stopped breathing, from extracting a drowning motorist who has driven into a canal (read the Local section of the Palm Beach Post from last Thursday)from locking up a crack dealer or from getting the drunk motorist off the street before he/she has the chance to kill your wife and children, or my brother and father. To insult one's personal drive or intention without knowing who you are speaking of is wrong, as in this case. It IS ignorant. I respect anyone who has served in any capacity-it certainly does take a certain type, a disciplined, dedicated individual. I just didn't think calling one's reasoning an excuse was called for.
Take care
...and now that I've reread my original post, it even says in there "at the time" it was not a priority.

------------------
Todd
1995 GT/T-5
Pulleys; 65 mm TB; Flowmaster cat-back; Mac off road H-pipe; FMS aluminum driveshaft; short-throw shifter; HD clutch; Cobra R's; Cobra front and wing

[This message has been edited by todd95GT (edited 09-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by todd95GT (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 12:27 AM   #30
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

hey Exstemestang , yes i am very well aware of the seebee's i pulled 6 year's reg navy, first t hen 6 more in the nat'l gaurd i kown you guy's are more or les ground troop's as well, i was going to go back, nav resever's they want me to go seebee's i told them i had enough , ground action , iwanted to go back to , the ocean but still you have my best wishes.good luck! oh , i just did'nt see the usn at the bottom sorry bout , that.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 11:35 PM   #31
Mach 1
Registered Member

Well, I guess you have to look at this from my point of view to understand why I was upset.

I was addressing the majority of the people who are jumping on the patriotic bandwagon, and then explaining (giving excuses)why they didnt join the military when they were younger...you know what..nobody cares why you didnt join the military when you were younger.

We didnt care before this happened, and we dont care now. Why do people feel the need to start with all this "well, I wanted to serve my country, but..." crap in the first place.

There is the possibility that many american military people will lose thier lives in support of the war on terrorism, including myself and many of my friends.
Do you think that any of us care that you wanted to serve when you were younger, but...??
And then to start saying woman and social activities were to blame, blah, blah, blah...

Keep it to yourself. When I give my life for your freedom, I dont want to hear your bullshit...plain and simple.

Maybe Im overeacting, but put yourself in someone in uniforms perspective and try to keep an open mind.

You had no reason to say I had an "ignorant mentality". Save your pats on the back for yourself, and spare us the excuses, because it just doesnt matter, does it?
Old 09-25-2001, 11:51 PM   #32
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

mach 1 it's ok dude YOU know why guy's like us signed up , some people don't know or will ever , i'm not getting on anyone's case who did'nt join , just don't dog the one's who did -not you mach ,re last sentence you just stay safe , big a$$ salatute from an old vet for you and anyone who's butt is on the line now. & our people making our equiptment & weapon's & ammo good luck . straight up.

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 11:56 PM   #33
todd95GT
Registered Member

Well, I thought my response would somewhat enlighten you to my perspective. Apparently, it didn't. I even said that anger caused by recent events is no reason to light the fire under one's butt and join the service when the same person never considered it before. Anyway, I thought this was over. We obviously have two different opinions bbut you know, I think they really aren't that disimilar over all. I'm sure face to face we could easily agree on most of this. So, are we finished? Can we agree on one thing at least---we both love Mustangs?

------------------
Todd
1995 GT/T-5
Pulleys; 65 mm TB; Flowmaster cat-back; Mac off road H-pipe; FMS aluminum driveshaft; short-throw shifter; HD clutch; Cobra R's; Cobra front and wing
Old 09-26-2001, 07:36 AM   #34
Mach 1
Registered Member

Your response did enlighten me to your perspective, and I dont have a problem with you, so dont take any of this the wrong way.

Just do your job of pulling over all Camaro drivers and harassing them while the stangs cruise by..

Its all good, peace.

later

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Old 09-27-2001, 01:42 AM   #35
mustang marty gt

Wink

cool , glad you guy's got it straight, we are all in this together ,one way or another ,hey cop's are at war everyday i respect them even when they say sign here sir ,have a nice day & you can mail that puppy in & save court cost.see ya.

------------------
Old 09-27-2001, 01:59 AM   #36
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I know I'm posting a little late in the thread but..Here are my 2 cents (And my only 2 cents..I'm broke now )

Serouisly though. After September 11th I myself thought about enlisting in one of the armed forces.

My Girlfriend cried, and my step dad (Retired Army... 82nd Airborne) was 100% against it. Along with the rest of my family and friends.

After I moved to Fort Bragg, my sense of partriotims was dulled. It became serouisly tarnished. I could go on for pages with my feeling and how they have changed ( I did send the Fayetteville Observer a letter.) but I wont bore you all with it.

Yes, the country has more than enough men and women defending it and upholding our liberty and freedom, but I feel like I need to do my part. But my Family and loved ones need me more than my country needs me.

White Cobra, at this time, your country can do it with out you (No offense ment, I know it sounds harsh) Your family needs you.

If my country needs me to defend its liberties and the others who share this great land I will proudly and gladly step up to the task, but until then, my family needs me more. I know this sounds bad, I'm not quite saying things right.

The only thing I can say is. I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 11:47 PM   #37
mustang marty gt

Cool

hey merc , it's cool if you have family to take care of, that's your first priority we have enough armed force's to take out towel head & his physco's so don't sweat it our guy's will kick major a$$ in camel land. allah theira$$es. see ya

------------------