MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-24-2002, 09:43 AM   #1
Coupe Devil

Default Just a little thought to ponder

If....A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26.

Then,

H A R D W O R K
8 1 18 4 23 15 18 11 = 98%

K N O W L E D G E
11 14 15 23 12 5 4 7 5 = 96%

But,
A T T I T U D E
1 20 20 9 20 21 4 5 = 100%

And,
B U L L S H ! T
2 21 12 12 19 8 9 20 = 103%

So, it stands to reason that hard work and knowledge will get
you close, attitude will get you there, but bullsh!t will put
you over the top. And look how far
A $ $ K I S S I N G
1 19 19 11 9 19 19 9 14 7 = 118%
will take you.

Just something to think about.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 08:59 AM   #2
rbatson

Default Sorry I erased it, I'll put it back up...

heeh, I've seen that before bro.. Its pretty accurate, huh? I was expecting something different but that is cool too.

I have something to ponder...

I work in an area with alot of retirees and they do alot of golfing, walking, talking, drinking and sometimes I see alot of cars at one house and the house soon goes up for sale, there after... Know what I'm saying? Today I see this old dude sitting at the edge of his garage(they do that alot!) with an oxygen tank as I drive by. I'm working like hell but I begin to think to myself... what is going through this guys mind? He is sitting still, hooked up to a tank for life support... I know what he is thinking... He wishes he was driving that truck as I pass by.. I start to ponder what else he would like to do if he were able.. obviously he isn't able and I'm sure there are alot of things he would like to do or wish he had done. I've tried to make sure I get the most out of life but I'm sure that I'm missing alot... When I was 20 I had a close friend and we made a pact to skydive and bungee jump.. we did bungee jump(not the sissy jump where there is something to catch you, this was a real hazard.. little mishap and your dead), I have yet to skydive and I need to do that before I get too old. What I'm getting at is... life is short and you have your youth now.. what would you do with your youth if you were the old dude with the oxygen tank?? Put yourself in his mindset... What is there that you want to do that you haven't done?? Don't take life for granted, it could end at any moment. The fact that we are alive and kicking is a miracle in itself, to me. I plan on taking a ride on the bike tomorrow and maybe I will take it for a good long cruise or buy that Harley and cruise across country someday..

I've put myself in that mindset throughout my life, gets me in trouble sometimes . If I wasn't able to move, what is it I would want to do more than anything?? What would I want to experience, that I missed out on?? What would you do or what haven't you done??

Don't take this the wrong way.. I was going to make a post like this anyhow but your title was close to what I was thinking.. it fits nicely.. I was going to make another post like this.. don't know if anyone is really interested in it but... it just may give folks something to think about...
Old 05-25-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile The real things in life

Obviously the things that will haunt us the most when we're old and feeble are the things we didn't do when we could have. Carpe Diem and all that. Works for me.

Rick, that old man hooked to an oxygen tank sitting by his garage may simply have been wishing he'd done a lot of things differently over the years, not just wishing he was driving a truck, although his inability to do so may be a burden for him, too, I'm sure.

We all have responsibilities to take care of and we can't all do everything we please all the time but it's obvious that no one wants to be old and wish they had done most everything differently or feel that they missed out on the good things in life, and I don't simply mean what money will buy, either.

This is partly the rationale for all those 50+ guys driving new Vipers and Corvettes. They wanted that car for 30 years and now, when the mortgage is paid off and the last kid is out of the house, they bought it and are getting to enjoy it while they still can. We laugh at those guys but they have the right idea, in a way. Do it while you can.

In truth, our personal relationships are the things we'll treasure most when we're at the end of life. Not all the work we did or what we were able to buy or how much money we have in the bank.

Both work and play are important to a healthy life's balance but in the final moments, as we breathe our last, our loved ones will be what we remember and what we'll cling to, in fact or in memory.

Don't ever forget that. Keep the priorities straight.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 11:05 AM   #4
rbatson

Default Re: The real things in life

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0

Rick, that old man hooked to an oxygen tank sitting by his garage may simply have been wishing he'd done a lot of things differently over the years, not just wishing he was driving a truck, although his inability to do so may be a burden for him, too, I'm sure.
You have a good point there.. actually he may have been thinking what a good life he had or something else entirely. I just put myself in his shoes and though I was running 10 minutes late and still had 5 stops or so left.. I'd rather be driving that truck then hooked up to a tank and watching the rest of my life go by. I actually have thought about moving up in the company(through the years) but.. I actually like my job.(Ok, all jobs have some bad points.) Keeps me in a decent shape and weight and I deal with alot of great people.

Quote:
In truth, our personal relationships are the things we'll treasure most when we're at the end of life. Not all the work we did or what we were able to buy or how much money we have in the bank.
I understand this as well... when my grandpa pasted(2 yrs ago this month) he had his family by his side that day. His wife, children and grandchildern... I wonder if I will have that.. I can look back and see that I pasted up on some good girls in hopes "the right one" will come along.. If she don't come along soon..

I guess I already regret not moving to Fla. when I was 21, though I do go there a couple times a year but... I guess I'm kinda mad at myself for letting that happen.

Anyhow, you know what I'm saying.

BTW I don't laugh at the 50yr old with the nice car, its the fact that he has that 23yo gold digger riding with him that makes me laugh...
Old 05-27-2002, 02:02 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

heavy, man.... heavy!!