MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: What do you think?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
What do you think?

Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #21
Rayabear
Prison Cop

Default Re: Painted "SpideyStang" myself!

Appology:
I had to come back to post one more time to appologize. I am better than that which I represented in my responses. I was hurt by the malicious verbal attack of the first responder, and I let my emosions out on an immature response. Maybe a lesson can be learned by all of us as well. A simple "I don't like it." would avoid hurting anyones feelings instead of the insulting smartassed remarks mentioned. How can anyone say it's not a personal attack, when I explained I did it myself. I spent 3 months busting my ass 4-5 hours a day and all day on weekends doing the bodywork and paint. If my Mustang offends you, I'm sorry. I love my Mustang (even when it was green) and I love Spiderman (since I was a kid, not since the movie). Remember, it's easy to be cruel when you don't have to witness the hurt it causes. At least 1 members buddy liked it, and I like it. Thats all that really matters.
Rayabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #22
Rayabear
Prison Cop

Actually, I am a Florida State Law Enforcement Officer. A Sergeant to be exact. It would be a Felony for me to say so, if I were not.
Rayabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #23
7up
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayabear

Don't insult a Cop, we have ways.
(told you I was sensative)
So if you were a cop, would it be considered good practice to threaten people on the internet with your law enforcement power? Because that seems like it might be against the law too.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #24
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Appology:
I had to come back to post one more time to appologize. I am better than that which I represented in my responses. I was hurt by the malicious verbal attack of the first responder, and I let my emosions out on an immature response. Maybe a lesson can be learned by all of us as well. A simple "I don't like it." would avoid hurting anyones feelings instead of the insulting smartassed remarks mentioned. How can anyone say it's not a personal attack, when I explained I did it myself. I spent 3 months busting my ass 4-5 hours a day and all day on weekends doing the bodywork and paint. If my Mustang offends you, I'm sorry. I love my Mustang (even when it was green) and I love Spiderman (since I was a kid, not since the movie). Remember, it's easy to be cruel when you don't have to witness the hurt it causes. At least 1 members buddy liked it, and I like it. Thats all that really matters.
Again, it was not a personal attack. It was a statement of one persons opinion on the subject at hand, which just so happened to be your car. If you post a picture of something that looks like that on the internet, you have to expect some people to not like it. I dont doubt that a lot of work went into it, it just seems like wasted effort, in my opinion. And if someone's negative opinion of your car hurts you, or seems cruel to you, than you really shouldnt be a cop. You will run into alot worse than someone making negative comments about your car, and by your reaction, it doesnt seem as though you will be able to handle it. Again, this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #25
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
A simple "I don't like it."
I don't like it.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #26
StangFlyer
Founder

Dare to be different man...

Oh yeah, Rayabear has a User's Rides listing for his spidy stang also:
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?3732
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #27
grey88gt
Registered Member

The layout and the work involved is great. The scheme is great, and I like how the face is buy the doors. The body kit and that great BIG wing on the back are terriable for a Stang. Like the others say, looks like an import of some kind. I think your one hell of a painter, but wrong paint job for the ppl here. Like others here said, this site is more about go than show. I really think it would have been accepted better if you would have left off that big ass wing, (just my opinion). Enjoy your ride, as for me ill drive my faded out grey 88Gt needing a paint job, which the ricers hate because they cant keep up. PS: Dont take my comments to heart( Just my opinion).
grey88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #28
frmula505
Registered Member

Wow and I thought you guys were rough with me. As for the paint job, well all I can say is whatever he likes it's his car.
2003 Cobra Torch red 10 anniversary 2.8 ultra grip upper pulley, 100mm aux. idler, 100mm idlers, custom predator dyno tune (467hp,505tq), K&N cai, BBK offroad X pipe, Magnaflow cb, centerforce clutch, bbk billet quadrant ,UPR firewall adjuster w/ stock cable, MGW short throw shifter, autometer boost, kenne brown hard launch kit with derlin bushings, and BFR G-Force tires (315-30-18 dr's rear)
My Car
frmula505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #29
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

The paint itself is ok. I wouldn't do it, but then again, I do have some sort of taste. The body kit and wing are just hideous in combination with that paint. Like or not, it's different.

Now for the smartass response........
You should be drug out into the street and beaten with that wing and your car burned, crushed, and made into paper clips.

That is all......
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 PM   #30
transporter
Registered Member

I like it. Its different. And since its your first paint job; I think you did a really good job. It makes me want to try and paint mine. I bet that took a long time. Good job.
transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #31
StormsofAres86gt
black and blue

nice....wheels...lol
'89 5.8L lx 5spd. 351W(349hp/384tq)-tfs twisted wedge(stage 2), rpm air-gap, comp cam(294/294:518/518) and lifters, kb .060 pistons(11.5:1), mac shorties, pypes o/r X, mac 2.5" all the way back, holley 750, march u/d pulleys...it's alive..it's back together and running strong
-zach
StormsofAres86gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #32
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Well, after reading some of the garbage in here, really did not want to respond. But...can’t help myself.

First, you asked for opinions and got them. So if you don’t like them, keep that in mind. Second, I didn’t really read all the responses, but bringing up our mothers and our lower members in the same sentence...doesn't sit well with me at all.

Third, I think the quality of the work looks very good, especially for a first timer. I even think it is original, although a little too "bright" for me. So in response to your original question....all in all I like it on your car.

Now the real reason why I felt I needed to post. I am not sure how ur profession got brought in to this. Just for clarification...if you work for FHP...that’s great....means you have jurisdiction in Florida.....where I am guessing most of us don’t live.

Don’t want to see you leave the board, but the B.S. comments have got to stop.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #33
fast_pony
Registered Member

damn...I better watch out when I post my finished stang...could someone post me the rule book on how I should paint my 92 so I don't make the same mistake...I thought I could pretty much use my own imagination on my own car without breaking some kinda rule. And just for shits and giggles...internet fights are no fun whatsoever...NO BLOOD
fast_pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #34
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Honestly i'd never be caught driving your car....but it's original, it's craftfully done and it's what you want - so you get my respect. This is something i could see as a promo for a movie or a car show type car...not something to actually drive. But that's just my opinion.

Be happy you finished your car in the way you wanted and who cares what other people think, your project is done and done well and it's what you like - that's cool.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #35
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_pony
damn...I better watch out when I post my finished stang...could someone post me the rule book on how I should paint my 92 so I don't make the same mistake...I thought I could pretty much use my own imagination on my own car without breaking some kinda rule. And just for shits and giggles...internet fights are no fun whatsoever...NO BLOOD
There is no rule book when it comes to someone's tastes. Everyone is different and likes what they like for whatever reasons. But, when you post pics of ANYTHING, you have to expect positive and negative remarks. You could post a pic of J-lo, and some people would drool while others would point out some flaw. Maybe her butt is too big for some (for the record, I am not included in that category, she most definately has been blessed with a superior posterior), who knows. But, there will always be people who dont like it, and to differing degrees. Posting pics of it just depends on how thick your skin is.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #36
Rev
Registered Member

I'm just going to take your mom's and my mom's advice. "If you can't say..............."

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #37
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Drive it off a rooftop and see if it can swing from building to building. With that wing, it may even fly!

I'm suprised it wasn't pig themed
Old 06-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #38
RBatson
Registered Member

I can appreciate the work you put into your car but I personally think it would look better a solid color.. I like black.

As far as all the rest.. some of us may be pricks but I honestly hope you aren't really a FHP officer... and I thought I had issues. WOW!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #39
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

If you repaint it lose the yellow and the chrome... looks good though

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #40
Harry
Registered Member

I wouldn't want it for my car, but I think you did a good job. It would be a car that I would walk over and check out if I saw it in a parking lot.

Don't let all the negative comments get you down, it's your mustang and you can do what you want. I'd let you paint my mustang as long as you did it how I wanted it.