MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-07-2001, 11:29 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unhappy Happy 24th Birthday to Me!

Well Its June 7th, my Birthday. For some reason I'm depressed, cant figure out why. I dont mind getting older, and I have Family down from Pittsburgh visiting.

Me and my girlfriend arent on the best terms again, that might be part of the reason. I dont know what it is, but I'm just really down.

Maybe its because I'm 24 and still live at home, or I'm still stuck at Sh!tty Fed Ex Ground. Or because I still dont really know what I want to do with my life.

I'm not trying to sound egatistical, or arrogant, but theres so much I can do. I have to wait till fall to sign up for Physics.

I dont know what my problem is, I'm gratefull I have such a loving family and friends. I'm sorry guys, I'll just keep to myself.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:39 AM   #2
cptn.stangaroo
Registered Member

happy bday!! and dont feel bad,im in the same boat,i have no clue on what i want to do with my life, and you relationship with your girl, you can fix, if u really really want to.
enjoy today! buy yourself something! that always helps me
cptn.stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:46 AM   #3
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Oh buck up! Your still breathing right? You own a classic Mustang, and you're ugly. Oh wait, don't count that.
Anyway, cheer up b4 I have to drive down there and whoop your tail. Your only 24 once, enjoy it man. Go down to Myrtle and find some college chicks. ( No offence to the ladies of the house.)
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:49 AM   #4
Bite the Bullitt
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Depression gets the better of a lot of us. The suggestion of going out and buying yourself something sounds like a start. Shoot some hoops, play nintendo, polish your car, but don't sit around. Remember that a loving family means you are truely blessed. More than a lot of people who have no family support. Have a Happy Birthday

------------------
2001 Bullitt Mustangs #702 & #1880. Also in the works: 1965 Convertible 289 4-speed, 1965 Coupe, 1966 Coupe, 1988 5.0 Convertible, 1966 Fastback. Other: 1968 Cougar XR7-GT, 1967 Cougar GT (2 of them)
Married to 'Bullitt702'
Bite the Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:53 AM   #5
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

I've got the keg on ice for ya !! We'll take those blues away....RIGHT LADIES!!??

*30 fine young ladies all at once....* "YEAHHHHHHH....COME ON OVER MERCURY!!!"

See, just let ol'e NoSlow help cheer ya up. Happy Birthday Merc. The others are right, live today to the fullest, it only come once!

Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 12:12 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Cool

Hey man, I'm almost 30 and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...
It's all good!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:34 PM   #7
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

Aww Mercury, cheer up man! Things get better. You're ONLY 24-that's young! AND it seems you've got a quite nice collection of cars!

You know what you need? A nice looong ride on your favorite road in your most favorite car. Turn up the radio and just cruise.....always works for me!
VNAMUS in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:28 PM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Try to remember that a positive attitude can never hurt the situation. Keep positive and good things will happen.

Atleast that's what I try to do, doesn't always work though

Happy Birthday!

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 09:46 PM   #9
TJR
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday!

------------------
1989 lx notch
89,000 miles
bolt-ons,stock heads/cam
60'- 2.07, 8.90@78, 13.93@99
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:01 PM   #10
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Thumbs up

Hey Mecury,

It's my Birthday too, just turned 25!! Rock on man that's cool, I've finally found someone who shares my birthday, us Gemini's got to stick together!! =D

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
2000 Mustang GT
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 12:15 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Wink

Hey Merc,
Guess ya'll have noticed, I've come over to Terrorize ya'll now!!!!
They're right, your young, got fine rides. When I get like that, I take my c.d.s and hit the road w/ the top down, or work on my car w/ the radio turned up! Thats the best release!!
It could be worse, You could be 36 and starting a whole new life!!! Not that that's a bad thing....Just different. Knowing what you want, and cant figure out how to get it!! We all get that way. Believe me!!! THere's a saying I"ve heard many, many times: "Any day above ground is a good day!"
Hey No Slow...what's with the "young ladies". Are we scary or something????
Have a Happy B-Day, go out this weekend and party!! Have a good one!
Topless

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 01:32 AM   #12
Capri306

Merc, ya beat me to it, dude!!!

June 7th is/was my B-day, too...but mine was my 21st!!! I would've posted before you but I've been busy keeping the Dewar's down, hehehe.

I hear you totally on the depression thing, though. Must be a thing for us Gemini's right now??? ('cept for GTgrl00, what's up with you being happy?!? J/K!) I'm trying to figure it out, too. I think I know where the crux of my situation lies, and it also has to do with a girl. Funny, huh? We'll get past it dude, just hang in there like I am: Stick with friends and talk with them about how ya feel. Keeping it inside hurts more. You might wanna give St. John's Wort and some green tea a try, too.

I know what you're saying when you talk about not knowing where to go. It's the mid-20's crisis I've been told about. You can go anywhere and yet nowhere at the same time. Aren't little paradoxes great? NOT. Good luck and happy B-day.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 02:40 AM   #13
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Boy guys and girls, your a great bunch of friends. Thanks for all the positive talk. I figured out why I'm depressed, its kinda a long story.

I'll try to make it short. Before I do though, You all probably can tell I'm the kind that doesnt hide much.

I feel I dont really deserve any recognition from my family. I dont spend enought time with the ones i love to deserve any gifts or Birthday celebrations. My Job demands so much of me that I end up neglecting everyone around me. Especially my father.

My parents are divorced, and my dad blamed me for the longest time (long story, but if it wasnt for me my mom would of never met my step dad). He finally apologized for blaming me a few years back, he lives in PA, I live in NC, I dont get to talk too him much because our schedules are totally diffrent, and when he comes down to visit, I'm always going out with my girlfriend, or going to work.

I feel bad and unworthy of taking any gifts from him, or any money because I dont feel that I've lived up to his expectations. Not job or financial stability wise, but in a sense, I feel like I'm a bad son, that I've robbed him of having a son. I feel bad for losing so much time that I could of used to do things with him, and rebuild our relationship.

I'm sorry guys, I'm just wallowing in self-pitty.

Thanks for the birthday wishes though. You all are a great bunch of friends.
Old 06-08-2001, 02:48 AM   #14
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

GTgrl00.

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a really nice one. Do you have an alternate personality like I do?

Yeah, guess you can share my birthday, only this once though, then you have to take the 6th or 8th from now on. We Gemini's rock.

Capri 306.

Thanks also for the B-day wishes, Must be the mid 20's life crisis. Happy Birthday to you too man, Sounds like you had a good one. If I didnt have to work I might of went and had me a beer or two. Ummm yeah, thats all just a beer or two. Yes, I remember my 21st B-day. FUN.

Topless in Texas.

Thanks, the little smillies put a smile on my face.
Old 06-08-2001, 06:42 AM   #15
crumbie

Hey, yesterday was my birthday too! I didn't know June 7th was such a popular birthday for the Mustangworks crowd. I just turned 23, but don't look a day over 17...
Old 06-08-2001, 08:37 AM   #16
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

hop in your stang and kick some chevy butt.

Happy Birthday

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote