MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-07-2001, 03:18 PM   #1
1BadMoFo5.0

Post Flames?!?

Look this is what I wanted to do. I am in the process of running side exhaust out in fornt of my rear tires. On each side will be a dual Borla tip. But I want to make flames come out of it like the chop top 54 Mercury on "Gone In 60 Seconds." I know you can run spark plugs to it, but I ws wondering if you guys had any ideas about rigging it up. I have a straight exhaust and the hole are already cut and tapped in the pipe for the spark plugs.

------------------
89' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang and a 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. If you want to know the rest, buy the rights.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 06-07-2001, 03:24 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Where are the hole located. They need to be remotely close to the end of the pipe for optimal flamage. I have heard you can just run another coil to each plug and have it switch operated. I would assume if your car runs rich it would be perfect but what if it runs lean? I dont know. If it is carbuerated you could use a manual choke. pull the choke and put the pedal to the floor = Flames galore.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it). Motor and tranny in use for Ranger project.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 02:19 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

I think you're gonna need a fuel supply for the effect you want. Maybe like a spray nozzle under pressure with a solenoid valve or something. The same switch that activates fuel supply can turn on a spark plug or glow plug to ignite the fuel. This probably will need to occur near the exhaust exit. Should make for interesting pyrotechnics. Not sure about legality (doubtful).

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 03:56 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

I've always wanted to have that out back, little injector and spark plug. It'd be real fun if a ricer pulled up.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote