MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2002, 01:48 AM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Small Town Cops

This is getting to be a little old....

First of all, the price of parking tickets rose from $7.50 to $20. And of course, a few days after that happens, I get a parking ticket for $20. There were about 20 people that got parking tickets that night that were parked around me. It was during my basketball game at the high school gym. They NEVER enforced the yellow we were in during games until this one night after they jack up the price of the tickets. So, the pricks for cops write us all tickets. $20 down the drain....that was a few months ago...

A week ago, a friend of mine with a '92 GMC Sierra got pulled over for doing 28 mph in a 25 mph zone. The cop at least gave him a warning. I just thought it was BS that he even got pulled over in the first place.

Then tonight, I was on my way to a girls house to hang out with her and I was going down this hill. The limit is 25 mph but it's hard to stay that slow because it's a long and steep hill. I got pulled over for doing 29 mph. Horseshit. He only gave me a warning, luckily. I was pretty ticked off. First of all he said it's just for my own and other peoples' safety. Well go pull over the other 10+ cars that were right around me at the time. Second of all I was late to pick up the girl and she was wondering where the hell I was.

Do they not have anything better to do than to walk down a frickin line of cars that are not blocking A SINGLE THING and to pull over people going 3 or 4 mph over the speed limit? At the basketball game there was no fire hydrant, no loading zone, no crosswalks, it wasn't close to a driveway or street corner, nothing! But of course, they look good when they bring back a frickin bookfull of parking tickets to the chief.

Their job is to serve and protect. Not to be tedious little pricks to everyone.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:10 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Don't know if you've seen it, but this picture is from the Florida Pics page on my website, and is one I took while visiting my Mom over Christmas. They're pretty serious about speeding on Riverside Drive! Believe it or not, this isn't done to generate income, it's done to slow people down. They figure if they show you just how expensive it is, you'll slow down.

Take care,
-Chris

Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 04:47 AM   #3
WADS56
gear banger

I'm from a small town so I know how much it sucks. It's boring for them so they have to pick on people to stay busy.
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 04:52 AM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Don't know if you've seen it, but this picture is from the Florida Pics page on my website, and is one I took while visiting my Mom over Christmas. They're pretty serious about speeding on Riverside Drive! Believe it or not, this isn't done to generate income, it's done to slow people down. They figure if they show you just how expensive it is, you'll slow down.

Take care,
-Chris

Where's that at, Chris? That looks familiar to me for some reason...
Old 04-02-2002, 06:10 AM   #5
Mach 1
Registered Member

I met a cop at a meeting for pregnant wives...lemas classes (spelling)

Anyway, he said its written in the law for them to allow you at least 5 mph over the limit for "speedometer calibration errors", and that most cops will give you 9 or 10 mph over before hassling you, the 9 or 10 mph over is "up to thier discretion", but they have to give you 5 mph.

Of course, this could vary from state to state, but sounds logical enough.

So, I would tell the cop who pulls you over for going 4 mph over the limit that you were going the limit and that your speedometer might not be exactly correct, so why dont you go eat some donuts or something, you fat, lazy, piece of crap..........

you get the idea....
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 06:54 AM   #6
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I guess some cops don't have anything better to do. I overheard a lady who got a speeding ticket for 10km over (6mph) over the limit and the cop gave her a ticket. I like how they give you a menu of prices. They have them more in the city of Toronto. I'll be sure to take a picture of it to compare prices.

Take it Easy,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 06:57 AM   #7
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by JL1314
Where's that at, Chris? That looks familiar to me for some reason...
The name of the Florida town is Indialantic, but Riverside Drive runs from the Indialantic/Melbourne Beach border north to Satellite Beach, on the east side of the Indian River. Specifically, Indialantic is on the same barrier island chain as Cape Canaveral. It is on A1A, about 20 miles south of Cocoa Beach, and about 10 miles north of the Sebastian Inlet. It is due east of Melbourne. In fact, if you took the causeway over from Melbourne, Riverside Drive would be the first traffic signal you came to on the island side. Even more specifically, that sign can be found at N28* 04.135' Latitude, W80* 33.943' Longitude.

Hope that helps!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 04-02-2002, 11:25 AM   #8
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

ok guys I am going to have to step in on this one....I am going to be a cop and am currently clos friends with roughly half the police force n my home town and I have to stick up for the cops on this one...I have been stopped twice for 1 mile over the limit...but it has been on small streets which kids play on and I feel on a strret like that I shouldnt even have been going the speedlimit so I am just going to say that they only do this to help keep people safe because you all know how little kids will just run out in the street
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:42 AM   #9
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I used to live in small town. If the cops started harasing ppl, they were usally booted out quickly. We had a really cool chief. One time, he was doing a car chase with my friend, but never chaught him. I was waiting for my friend, when I here tires sqealing. I look up to see him blast be me doing about 45-60 in town. Flies around the corner, then all I can do i hear him flying through town. Soon, the chief going flying past me, and tries to get him. But my friend was too fast and lost him. It was fun to watch.

I found out later, the chief saw him spinning tires in town. I told him that it was just the chief, and he probaly would have just got away with a warning- oh well.

Another time, I almost got into trouble. This time I was flying around a corner(same one) too fast and went to cut it hard to fish tail. Right when I went to do it. I see a cop car. I took the corner normal( a little fast) while hitting the brakes, and as I went by, I waved at the chief, he just waved back. I know he could tell I was going too fast.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:12 PM   #10
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Even more specifically, that sign can be found at N28* 04.135' Latitude, W80* 33.943' Longitude.

Hope that helps!

Take care,
-Chris

LOL I'm gonna need that zip code +4 too!
Old 04-02-2002, 02:06 PM   #11
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by JL1314

LOL I'm gonna need that zip code +4 too!
Dang! You got me. 32903 is the best I can do.

The Long. and Lat. are within a few feet, though!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:08 PM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

It is not a residential area, in fact, there is nothing on either side of the road. It's just an open area on either side, empty lots. Not too many kids to run out in front of me....

Mach 1- I'll have to look up and see if there is anything like that here. Actually I'll just ask my grandpa, he was a cop for 37 and retired a couple years ago...he's known as "Skeeter" in town...everybody loved him though...he was the last cool cop we've had....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote