MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Default Damn Thieves!!!!

My part of town is getting their share of vandals. My nieghbor's house got broken into and got over $300 stolen off of his desk and they were in the living room watching tv when it happened! And almost everyone's garage has been broken into and stuff stolen. I dont have a garage and I have to park my cars in a gravel driveway. I am glad that I keep my windows and doors locked. Unfortunately I think whoever has been stealing and breaking into peoples houses and garages ripped a hole in my BF's convertible mustang. I hope these bastards get caught.

A few weeks ago a neighbor of mine let a friend stay at his house while him and his family were in Texas and when they got back there was money, jewelry, videotapes, and a rifle stolen out of his house. They called the cops and caught the kid that did it and he was from the halfway house down the street. If you seen and heard about the kids at the halfway house you'd know they are capable of doing all of these breakins. So , which goes without saying, everyone thinks its them that are doing it.

Also my bf got a price quote on how much it would be to replace the top after a dealer discount ... $500.

Anyway I am really P*****. Its not like its that difficult to get a job and pay for what you want. Had to let off a little steam
Old 04-18-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i dont blame you at all, any pos that has to steal what someone has worked for should be shot, sorry but im tired of so called american justice, there is none, the criminal has right's -but the victim has no right's, it's bs sorry to hear this, it is really getting out of hand in america.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That would piss me off too. Sorry to hear about that, they have to put a stop to it, but even if they are caught I'm sure it'll just be a slap on the wrist.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 06:11 AM   #4
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Post reality check...

i am a midshipman at the naval academy. i serve this country, my country each and every day. the world i live in, and the country i serve is the greatest in the world. each day i wake up faced with the fact that i am one day closer to fighting in this new war, and i wake up to the possiblility of hearing the news that more of my shipmates are out there dying. is getting your car broken into that bad? 500$ versus death. the american justice system has its problems, but if there is somewhere better i would seriously consider you moving there. there is always someone worse off than you, leave this country and that is undeniable. i am sorry to flame. but i cannot imagine someone getting their car broken into, or 300$ complaining about America and the justice system when my friends are out there fighting for YOU and dying for YOU. please think of us before you want to complain. these rights many take for granted come at a HIGH PRICE, if you dont know that look at the plaques in Washington, DC or right here at my school in Annapolis.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 08:09 AM   #5
Thad
Registered Member

I have to say that i hate the justice system too!
Not the military system. the justice system.
I'm sorry to hear of the thievery going on in your area ONMY... You're lucky that's all that happened to your ride. Mine was stolen once. I was awake when it happened! it was about 11 at night i was on the com. All of a sudden i heard my car start up and take off! We had the cops on the guy within 30 seconds. they chsed him down the highway, clocking him at 160mph. the cops found the car an hour later because they blocked him in a development. the guy broke panels and the stearing column. the front end got ripped up by the cops tire popping strip they tried to throw out in front of him. about $700 in damage. but get this,
the cop that was taking my report said they id'ed the guy and my neighbors said they knew him also and he was at there house right before he stole my car. Absolutely nothing happened to the guy. How's that for justice. Any way i didn't m,ean for this to be this long of a story. Theives suck big A**!
90 LX 5.0 ,bored 302, MSD 6AL, Twisted Wedge TrickFlo HDs, World class T5, BBK fender cold air induct., 70mm TB,Edelbrock performer Intake, aluminum Drve shaft, 3.55 Gears, Long Tube Headers to Flowmasters.
Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 08:37 AM   #6
gt lee

vtec8ter, this is not about the milatery, its about thieves....our country is a good one and you have every right to be proud and worry about going to war...but you can't say that if someone ripped you off or stole from you it wouldn't upset you...everyone has a right to get upset with the system we live with...at times it is very upsetting....and so is stealing from someone who has worked hard to get what they want..not trying to bash you just hoping yu will understand what so many other people in this world have to live with each and every day....you have to live in fear of war as well as we do...and we have to live with war and thieves as well as you do...so please understand that everyone has to vent sometime...take care and will pray that you do not have to go to war....OnMy3Stang...sorry had to vent myself..its a crying shame that we can not have what we have worked so hard for because of some punk that thinks its easers to steal than get a life...sorry to hear and hope the punk gets caught..Odie
Old 04-20-2002, 09:15 AM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Perspective

vtec8ter:

Sorry Cadet, but your criticism of OnMyThirdStang is misguided.

Her boyfriend's convertible top was needlessly vandalized and the replacement cost is $500. of his hard-earned money. Her friend's homes were ripped off by low-life's. This is very frustrating to anyone, to say the least, and to know that even if the police catch the people who did this the money or valuables are usually never seen again and most courts tend to give the criminals a slap on the wrist - if that - for these non-violent 'crimes against property'.

Your military duty is admirable and respected by all but your comparision of having to fight and possibly die in a war defending your country and her losses and discontent with the criminal justice system's treatment of convicted criminals are absurd. There is no comparison and the attempt to link the two are simply wrong. Apples and oranges, as it were.

I love my country very much but even so, I realize that it's far from perfect, especially the criminal justice system. In part due to liberal politicians and soft-headed judges finding more compassion for criminals than victims of crime. Making laws and rendering legal rulings that seem to do little to protect honest citizens from those who prey on them.

I know the military instills a fierce love of country and that's admirable but getting on the internet and jumping on a person who is simply upset over vandalism and thefts in her neighborhood as somehow being unappreciative of her country and borderline unpatriotic is out of line in my opinion.

By that distorted standard, anything short of death in battle is not worthy of mentioning here. Any complaint about the United States government is being unpatriotic. Is that what you really believe? I hope not. Check with your military instructors, they'll y verify for ou the fact that the First Amendment specifically covers complaints against the government.

This is an open forum for general discussion. A lot of folks have gripes and complaints about various aspects of daily life, including cops and courts. However, complaining about them does not equal being unappreciative, disloyal or unpatriotic to our country. We can always improve and open discussion is useful and sometimes a sort of catharsis for some folks.

We respect your position as a military man vulnerable to war duty, possible injury and even death and we can understand how, seen through that prisim, a small theft will appear rather minor and complaints about the justice system, petty.

You need to understand that only a few see daily life from your position. Some of our members deal with a life-threatening illness on a daily basis but still manage to have understanding and empathy for other's seemingly minor problems of daily life. You would do well to emulate them and try to see outside of your own specific perspecitive and attempt to understand that each person has their own concerns. We can't all be military and we can't all be blind to the lesser evils that exist outside of the mid-east.

Empathy, understanding for the other guy's problems and the realization that everyone who finds some flaw in the justice system is not de facto unpatriotic or unappreciative of America is a sign of maturity that I hope you'll recognize and attempt to adopt along with your admirable love of country and loyalty to it that we all share.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #8
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Default what i said was a reality check.

if my car got broken into i would be irate, well a little. i would try and milk the insurance payment. however, that is neither here nor there. the point i was trying to make was that i believe that she needed a reality check. criticizing our country is legal. just criticism or constructive criticism can both be helpful, but complaining about someone breaking into a car that isnt their's.... all i am saying is that you cannot have it that bad, because there is always someone who has it a little worse. plain and simple. so rather than complain about your insurance covering 500 dollars worth a damage, take a second to reflect and be thankful that you even have a car. some people dont, let alone a 'stang.
Old 04-20-2002, 01:45 PM   #9
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Anchors aweigh

vtec8ter:

She (OnMyThirdStang) was complaining about her boyfriend's car being vandalized (not some stranger's car) and you're simply assuming that insurance will cover the damage. Maybe not. Even if it does, deductables are still a factor. It's a hassle and annoying, at best.

I'm afraid your 'reality check' is gratuitous. You can always find someone with 'problems' greater than your own.

If someone steals your friend's belongings it may not affect you but you'll still be annoyed that a creep did that, wouldn't you? Can I say you have no cause to be annoyed because, after all, somebody else may die of a terrible disease today so a petty theft isn't important. That line of 'someone is always worse off than you' is rather disingeneous when used as a rationale to dismiss another's simple vent about theft and vandalism on a messageboard.

So Called 'Reality Checks' are way overvalued as they always apply to someone else, don't they? Hmmmm.

Good luck sailor, hope your military career is rewarding.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:35 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down The True Reality Check

For vtec8ter: Quit whining about your job and be a man. You signed up for it. OnMyThirdStang didn't sign up for her boyfriends car to be wrecked, or be worried all night about her cars being destroyed by some punk kid.

You know what REALLY ticks me off? People like you. Who feel that "good enough" is okay. I'm sorry, but this country continues to invest money in the latest technology for you boys in the military, the best protection and training money can buy. Who do you think pays for that Mr High and Mighty Navy guy? Mr 5 0, OnMyThirdStang, gtlee, myself, and the rest of the unenlisted workers of this country. You wouldn't have a job, or a country to defend without us. Your egotiscial, and arrogant view of American's upsets me.

Dan McClain had hundreds of dollars of damage done to his Lightning right in front of his eyes. The cops had deaf ears like yourself and decided it was a petty complaint, unworthy of their time.

I'm going to write this out for you once. You are NOT better than other people because you might go to war. You do NOT have the right to whine about your job because of the dangers inherent in it. If you didn't want your job, then you shouldn't have taken it. Just because your job is dangerous doesn't make everything in this world a petty complaint. A couple more suggestions. Read the Constitution of the United States, and read the Bill of Rights. Make sure you know what you're fighting for before you claim to be an expert simply because you're fighting.

To OnMyThirdStang: I'm glad you posted. It's important people see these kinds of posts so they know they aren't alone out there, and that people everywhere are getting screwed too. We need to stand up and make sure changes are made to the system, and that everyday people are protected, not criminals. I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriends car, and I hope they catch those stupid little punks!!!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 07:12 PM   #11
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Default Re: The True Reality Check

first of all, i am not nor will i ever be enlisted. secondly. i never said that i was mr high and mighty nor that i was scared of going to war. as far as you paying me...or your taxes paying for whatever, everyone pays taxes. i read the bill of rights. i was just saying that rather than complaining about this country not being perfect. why not do something to initiate change? or rather than sitting and thinking of the things that are wrong, why not thank god for the things that america has gotten right. that is all. me being a future officer in the navy does not make me any better than anyone living wherever in this country, if anything i would imagine that it would make me closer to them, because i am going to be the one out fighting for YOU. i am not asking for pity, but hoping to get her to see that they dont have it that bad. that was alll.
if i was or am wrong, then i am mistaken. i was not trying to downplay the vandalism or trying to say that it doesnt matter that the average american is screwed. or that just because i am in the military i am better than anyone who works 9 to 5 for a living. that was not my point at all, far from it in fact.
Old 04-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

This post did do something. It opened up some eyes and refreshed the memories of people to everyday junk like this. The first step in getting anything changed is getting support behind the change. It might take a thousand posts like this before something happens, but if nobody posts, people feel alone and they decide they are in the majority so they don't act.

What it really boils down to is this. This board wasn't created to serve a political agenda. It's for Mustang people to hang out, and to make friends. Would your friends want to know about break ins and troubles in your life? Well, we want to hear about our members problems and do what we can to make them feel better too.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:51 PM   #13
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Default you are right.

i will admit that i had or maybe still have a small chip on my shoulder. i mean, the flag on my base is at half mast, because someone died fighting for this country. that upsets me, because that is my shipmates. seeing someone post a complaint about a breakin and 500 dollars of damage, just didnt seem very significant from my point of view. i apologize. i guess that everyone deals with things differently and people deserve a chance to vent.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:02 PM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

excuse me middie, i spent 6 year's in the navy & 6 in the army, beirut vet82-83 , gulf war vet -91 i can bit-- about america & it's stupid justice system all i want, mr boot camp, lighten up. if someone stole from you, it would make you happy? not! this has nothing to do with the military. take it easy, ok

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-21-2002, 01:42 AM   #15
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry Hang'em high!!!!

MY 3RD STANG!!!! THAT CRAP REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF! I"m sorry to hear about all that! I just expierienced my first "theft" yesterday, and I'm frigin' PI$$ED!!!!!!!! WTF? we put so much of ourselves into our cars and then that crap happens!!!! Its SUCH a violation! mine is minor compared to your b/f's but I can sympathise w/ you!!!!!! I have my new top sittin' in my garage now, just gotta call on installation prices( a small fortune, I"m sure!).
Good luck to ya'll....and I hope they burn him at the stake....
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 02:07 AM   #16
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: The True Reality Check

Quote:
Originally posted by vtec8ter
first of all, i am not nor will i ever be enlisted. secondly. i never said that i was mr high and mighty nor that i was scared of going to war. as far as you paying me...or your taxes paying for whatever, everyone pays taxes. i read the bill of rights. i was just saying that rather than complaining about this country not being perfect. why not do something to initiate change? or rather than sitting and thinking of the things that are wrong, why not thank god for the things that america has gotten right. that is all. me being a future officer in the navy does not make me any better than anyone living wherever in this country, if anything i would imagine that it would make me closer to them, because i am going to be the one out fighting for YOU. i am not asking for pity, but hoping to get her to see that they dont have it that bad. that was alll.
if i was or am wrong, then i am mistaken. i was not trying to downplay the vandalism or trying to say that it doesnt matter that the average american is screwed. or that just because i am in the military i am better than anyone who works 9 to 5 for a living. that was not my point at all, far from it in fact.
haha your first two sentence's said it all i am nor will ever be enlisted, # 2 i never said i was high & mighty, good lord, you are perfect officer azzhole material, let me tell you THE little military secret, nco's & enlisted people run the military - officer's are just there to go, uhh duhh what do i do now nco, you are going to make a fine officer , idks,= i dont know shi- help me oh low life enlisted one's, good thing you arent in the army, your bdu's would have freindly fire written all over the back, got it , better get it, just trying to help you make it in the navy, with your attitude you may be one of those midnight -man overboard cases, uuupppsss, oh no sir i didnt hear a splash last night. catch my drift, ive seen it happen, well not seen , but heard about it the next day, just a friendly warning for your benefit, dont treat your men like crap & they will help you, treat them like the low life enlisted, look out, ask any of our active military on here, im glad im out

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-21-2002, 02:12 AM   #17
VorteX
Registered Member

Angry CD Player stole out of my Mustang...

I left my convertible top down infront of my friends house, was inside for about an hour, came out, and My CD Player was ripped out of my car along with about $800 worth of Cd's...

Aren't I just a ******* dumbass...
Old 04-21-2002, 02:29 AM   #18
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry that frigin' sucks.

I LEAVE MY TOP DOWN ALL THE TIME!!!! Kinda makes you think.....w/in minutes, we could come out at any time and our cars could be stripped down! I"m just glad I had the top up and it was LOCKED yesterday!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 01:25 PM   #19
Mr 5 0

Default Re: you are right.

Quote:
Originally posted by vtec8ter

i will admit that i had or maybe still have a small chip on my shoulder. i mean, the flag on my base is at half mast, because someone died fighting for this country. that upsets me, because that is my shipmates. seeing someone post a complaint about a breakin and 500 dollars of damage, just didnt seem very significant from my point of view. i apologize. i guess that everyone deals with things differently and people deserve a chance to vent.

Apology accepted. Thanks.

It took awhile but you seem to have finally taken the point we were attempting to make.

I'm sorry for the loss of your shipmate but yes, your loss doesn't invalidate everyone else's problems or make them any less upsetting to those involved.

This forum receives a lot of views and many messages. Some of the messages I find silly or pointless - and guess what? Unless they violate some rule here (not many do) I simply ignore them.

I would encourage you to do likewise when you feel someone isn't meeting the standard you deem necessary for a public complaint. You'll be happier that way and we'll save a lot of posts - and annoyance - from folks who may find that type of attitude annoying, to say the least.

Thanks for being big enough to see the other side of the issue and admit an error, sometimes the hardest thing to do for anyone. Appreciate it.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:10 PM   #20
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

First of all; I didn't post this subject to have anyone feel sorry for me. I posted it because I was mad that some lowlife had the nerve to destroy other people's belongs for some stupid pointless motive and I wanted to share it.

Second; It doesn't matter that insurance will take care of it , its the fact that the incident caused an unexpected expense and a bump in my life as well as my BF's.

Not only was the roof cut open, it's rained and the inside of the car is getting messed up and right now my bf does not have that kind of extra money just lying around to fix it.

Another thing; my father was a Lieutenant in the military and I lived my first 11 or so odd years moving from place to place and living a military life. Therefore, I have THE utmost repect for our forces - especially the military. I was not blaming the justice system or our military system, they cannot control what a person thinks or does. Nobody can be blamed for it except the person who commited the crime.

I'm not pacing back and forth, bitching about my bf's car being vandaled. I have more important things to worry about; like making my living. I've gotten over the incident and moved on. I know that there are people out there that don't have it as good as I may have but I never take what I have for granted.

I believe next time I have another mishap I shall keep it to myself if it is going to cause this much debate.
I'm going to let the criticism and negative comments roll off my back because I have better things to do than trip over something as pointless as that and also to show that I am a mature person.

Anyway, thanx to everyone that replied and I hope that anybody who had vandalized or stolen property get what they deserve and hopefully never repeat the crime.