MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2002, 10:28 PM   #1
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default trivial but necessary?

hey guys, stangs runnin fine, still savin for some nitto's an 17' cobras, but about a month ago, my left foglight went out, (stock rectangular). i know its kinda "rice"?? but i'd like to get some better ones,(here in the south, after it rains an the streets have been cooled off from a day light surface temp of 250 degreees, we get steam or a light fog cause of the gall durned humidity,: due to her low green visibility, i'd like to keep her in one piece an from becoming the hood ornament of johnny dum bass in his z71.( end rant)
i'm not lookin for anything rediculously retarded lookin, but simple and stylish and most importantly functionable. i do like those bright bluish white bulbs, but do to a promise I made myself before i got my stang about not dressin it up like some dorky highscool kids first car(talkin from experiance) i've tried to keep the "riceier" mods( dress up/show, stickers, non functioable body parts) to a minimum untill her power backs up all that pretty eye candy. i've heard of PIAA. any other good names for foglights you'd recommend?

also has anyone done that trick to allow the fogs to run without the head lights being on? it sounds intresting an not to japacheesy, if so would ya give a detailed process of what ya did for a 94-95 cobra/GT?

thanx, you guys rock.
oh n0 5.0

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 11:00 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

dont know, i know my 2k fog lights work on low beam, but if you put on the high beams they cut off, i am going to rewire that sometime , but dont know about your stang, sorry,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 12:40 AM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

See if you can get some Hella bulbs. They only make non-colored ones as far as I know (a good thing) and they are dang bright. I run H4's in anything I can, and have no problem with visibility.

As far as the fog light alone question, the only way I can think of would be to run an auxilary switch. This sounds like a bad idea, since if you need help seeing in front, you should help people see your back, hence running them with the headlights or parking lights.

Crazyhorse, if you need your fog lights while you are out-driving your low-beams, you are going to fast in the fog. That is the theory anyway. Well, that and in the fog you will just blind yourself with the highbeams

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 01:01 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

no duece my fog lights, or driving lights work when my low beams are on, but when you put the high beams on they go off , its some stupid ford thing, i am going to re-wire them so they stay on, if i just use my parking lights my fog lights stay on, wierd , but i will fix it

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 06:10 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

You can wire the fog lights to come on separate, just click Articles on the side bar of this site and look under Eletronics.

No offense, but you seem to have ricefobia. The fear of being rice.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 11:42 AM   #6
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

ahhh NOOO RICEAPHOBIA!!!

nah man i'm jus ventin, small town mentality's bout takin its toll on me. for some reason the wrong type people have accesss to all the nice cars. i.e a lot of rich kids who can't drive wortha SH** ( i posted a reply to Rich kids cars vs everybody joe punchclock an i'm gettin alot of my arguement from what i said in that post)

basically there are a lot of clones runnin around with nothin to back it up. too many body mods, stick on emblems an general penis envy of the real deal pony cars( several 97-99' rs's camaros w/z28 SS badges, ground design 2000 ricer body kits on several new 02 v6 mustangs,) jus irritating s*** like that grates my teeth as a real deal mustang guy.. people don't seem to realize the late model mustang is a sweet piece of art already and it takes very little to make it "cooler" and when ya go bannanas with emblems, bodykits, stickers, and usless doodads like fog lights or black light ground effex, you jus look like a dork.

ok i'll go take my medicine...

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote