MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-14-2002, 08:00 AM   #1
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default '79 Mustang update. Also need help!!!

I did a compression ck on the 302 the other day. I think I found the problem. If u remember from a while back, the motor has having problems with blowby in the pistons. Well, #2 cylinder came up real low on the ck, and when I put spray oil in it, the oil came out the bottom of the piston, so I pulled it out. I couldn't see and phyical damage, the rings were good, and the cylinder too. So I honed out the cylinder and was about to put the piston back in when a friend noticed that the top ring was stuck in the piston, so it couldn't expand like they are suposed to. So I took out the ring, moved it to the bottom and put the bottom one on top.

I didn't bother to redo the compression test because I want to run the motor first to get oil running through it and re pump up the lifters.

The heads are on, torqed, new cluth is on, motor is in the car, ready to be bolted up to the tranny. As soon as I can find some timming chain cover and water pump bolts, I can get it ready to run. I also need intake manifold bolts too.

HELP ME!!!
I hooked up the rear end, but now I can't hook up the brake lines. On the '79, the brake line is on the right side, but on the '89, it was on the left. So I have a rear end the has a line on the left, but the hook up in on the right. The t-fitting on the rear end is weilded to the line, so I'd have to replace the whole t-fitting and line. I need ideas, and quick!
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote