MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2002, 01:38 AM   #1
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Unhappy Ahh Another Nice Guys Finish Last Post

Well guys and gals here goes. This may sound weird but i met this girl on instant messenger. The funny part is her parents are divorced and her mom only lives about 5 minutes from me but she goes to school about 20 minutes away.

Anyways we have been talking for like over 4 months but have only been able to hang out like twice (most of the times when we couldnt go out were her fault by the way). Well i thought we were really starting to like each other and i invited her to my prom but she couldnt go because of other circumstances that got her grounded for two months.

Well as of last friday (the last time we talked until tonite) i thought everything was good. We knew her grounding was almost over and i wanted to hang out with her alot. Well i didnt talk to her all this week and i sent like 3 emails which she never answered.

So tonite im all excited that her grounding is over and then she drops the bomb on me and says that she now has a boyfriend as of 3 days ago. She figured we couldnt be anything because we rarely saw each other but i dunno. I really felt for this girl but obviously she did not. We will still be friends and who knows maybe she will find out that i am for her but right now i have no idea.

Well anyways "Nice Guys Finish Last"

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:52 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

not alway's man, thats what i thought when i got divorced, but then i have been married for 17 years, so hang in there, theres more than one girl out there, and you will hook up with the one that was meant to be, good luck.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:53 AM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Angry Girls suck....

Women are very easy to understand. It's like Jack in 'As good as it gets' when he says regarding women, "I picture a man, and take away logic and accountability."

Seriously though, don't sweat it. I would advise against holding out hope that she will "figure it out' that you are the one. It usually leads to dissapointment.

Get out to Carlsbad this weekend and run the Mustang. Just do the things you enjoy and a girl will find you. Maybe even one who knows a driveshaft from a crankshaft. I believe there are some out there.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 02:18 AM   #4
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I hear what you guys are saying but i dont even feel like she gave us much of a chance. Well im still talking to her now so i dunno what will happen but i doubt anything will turn around lol.

Thanks guys,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 06-08-2002, 09:45 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Good luck!! Relationships can suck, I'm in the middle of a mess now, but I won't go there!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your chin up!
Old 06-08-2002, 01:15 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Nice guys usually do finish last. The other guy might be a nice guy too, though. Tough to say. Distance sucks too. A person she see's a lot of is also the person she'll probably pick to go out with.

I know how the "net" thing goes. Not as bad as it's given the reputation for as far as finding people, but it totally destroy's your real life.

Don't wait around because there are a lot of girls out there. Keep your head up. If every experience ended with a serious relationship, everybody'd be married at 18, lol.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 02:41 PM   #7
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Yeah i see what you guys are saying and im gonna move on. I dont know this guy either and he goes to her school so they see each other everyday. Well i know that we will still be friends and talk on aim and maybe occasionally just go see a movie or somethin when shes down here at her moms but i doubt it will be anymore than that. I know there are plenty more out there, college begins next year and i know there are a lot of girls there Thank you guys for your support.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 06-08-2002, 04:26 PM   #8
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

Nice guys only finish last if they are driving a camaro!!! Dont worry, theres plenty of fish in the sea, for shure.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
BLACK85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 06:39 PM   #9
elliotness
Registered Member

Sucks.

Sounds like she is pretty set on who she wants to be with. Don't know all the details but....... If you have to be a puppy to get time with her find someone else. Don't give up, but realize that she has chosen someone else, "for now."

Good luck
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 01:43 AM   #10
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I am moving on guys. After having a night to think about it i am moving on. I think the main thing that was holding us back was that she wouldnt tell her parents that we met on AIM because she thought they would freak out. She did the people search thing that found me. Anyways off to find another girl. lol.

Thanks,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 06-09-2002, 06:04 AM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Like I said before, pick one up at the track

Just make sure her car's not faster than yours

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 02:07 PM   #12
elliotness
Registered Member

Good, glad you decided to move on. I've been there too.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 03:10 PM   #13
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Sounds like a familiar story that I can tell. Pretty much same story. I met this girl talked to her for about a year I didn't have my licence so I couldn't go hang out with her but we talked a few times on the phone, she only lived about 20 minutes away. Anyway we really hit it off, we got along so well, we could talk for days and days without never runing out of things to say, and then I saw her and I was really attracted to her and really thought something could go from there, anyway when I finally met her she, she was with a few friends (2 guys and 2 girls) and we were all talking and then it hit me and one of the guys was her b/f. She started going out with him that week, it was pretty rough but meh' I stayed friends with her we hung out acouple more times but I like never talk to her anymore. Ohh... well, I found my g/f now and it's almost been a year (July 3rd) so I guess nice guys finish last but in the end are still on top of the leader board. Don't worry buddy, it could of been worse, when ya met her she could of really been a he. lol I've known acouple ppl to meet people and they weren't who they said they were. lol Not to that extent but just remember there is always worse.

Take it easy,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 12:03 AM   #14
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Yeah i hear what you are saying Sam it just shocked me to hell. It was like last friday we talked for a couple hours like we normaly would always but then i didnt hear from her all week. So she comes on this past friday tells me how we she isnt grounded anymore and all of a sudden she tells me she has a bf now. It shocked me because we always talked like we were bf and gf or very close to it So i dunno. I was always willing to drive up to her dads house but she always seemed set on waiting until she was at her moms which is like 2 minutes from me. And she rarely goes to her moms. Oh well life goes on.
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 06-10-2002, 03:37 AM   #15
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I know the feeling, the other day I was stood up. We met at a party and had been talking for a few days. Well, last Thursday, not this Thursday, she wanted to go out Friday. Well, friday I was getting kinda late, so I called her, and left a message that I was running late. I called at 6:50,told her to call me when she was ready, and that I would call if she didn't. We were going to be going out at 7:00. I took my shower after working on my car all day long; I then waited till 7:30, called again, asking where she was, told her again to call me. I still haven't heard from her. Left her two messages, and still no return. I'm thinking of calling and leaving another message telling her how I feel.

It's my one last chance for her to call back and try to fix things.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:30 PM   #16
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Not to be insensitive but I don't see much of a "nice guys finish last". You said yourself that she didn't give you much of a chance, so how does she even really know that you're a 'nice guy'? Sounds more like bad timing, and a lack of enough dates to me. Sure, given more time and frequent outings, you could be her current boyfriend, but I don't really see where she screwed you over that much. Aren''t you just out of high school? With young girls these days...consider yourself lucky...you got off easy...for now JK
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:29 AM   #17
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Yeah i see what your saying belle. After a few days ive thought it over more and it actually probably was the right decision anyways. The main thing i was upset about is that when she got in trouble and couldnt go to prom with me i just didnt go because i didnt care about going with anyone but her and then this happened. I know i am very young and i have lots of time ahead of me. This was the first real relationship that i have ever had even though it really wasnt lol. i have always been shy so that probably explains why. Luckily i got a job in a restaurant which really helped me to speak out and be myself around people. I was just disappointed because whenever we would talk she would sound like she really liked me but i know she still does just not in that way. Oh well now im back to fishing

Thanks peeps youve been kind and helpful,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 06-14-2002, 07:42 AM   #18
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
Yeah i see what your saying belle. After a few days ive thought it over more and it actually probably was the right decision anyways. The main thing i was upset about is that when she got in trouble and couldnt go to prom with me i just didnt go because i didnt care about going with anyone but her and then this happened. I know i am very young and i have lots of time ahead of me. This was the first real relationship that i have ever had even though it really wasnt lol. i have always been shy so that probably explains why. Luckily i got a job in a restaurant which really helped me to speak out and be myself around people. I was just disappointed because whenever we would talk she would sound like she really liked me but i know she still does just not in that way. Oh well now im back to fishing

Thanks peeps youve been kind and helpful,
Nick
Hehe, at least the fish don't judge u-lol
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:44 AM   #19
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79

Hehe, at least the fish don't judge u-lol

hahahaha true that.
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com