MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-15-2002, 03:03 AM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Rants from the tireburner

Ok, I've got a few things I want to get off my cheast, most are just rants, raves, and me rambleing on...

First of all, I've noticed that many domestic automaticly call ANY import a ricer, even if it's not riced out. WTF is up with that??

I've noticed at the local hangout that a good many domestic owners will call rice on a car such as a V-6 Mustang, because he has rims or a different wing(and I'm not talking double decker either). I mean, in some cases it's almost the same rims and wing on the guys car that's callin rice. He's simply calling rice because it's a v-6. WTF is up with that?

Many are under the impression that no motor with less cylinders can be faster than their motor.

I REALLY hate the guy in the stock 96 GT vert with a auto that thinks he's hot **** and talks all kind of smack, but gets beat by trucks and makes stangers look bad

I REALLY hate the fact that I've been called rice by some **** brick that didn't know a cam from his butt, because I had a sterio in my car, and because I didn't have a GT. WTF is up with that?

I REALLY didn't like the broken hand I got from the insueing fight from the above character.

I REALLY hate the people who constantly remind me that I don't have a 5.0 and that I need one(thanks, like I didn't know that )

I REALLY love it when the guy in the smoking 83 LX, SMOKES some cocky prick in a new GT or Z-28

I've noticed that many stangers developing ricephobia, the fear of being rice. If I do ___ will I be rice?, if I don't do ___ will people think I'm a ricer?, if I do ____ will the neighbors 3 year old think I'm rice? WTF, make some decitions by yourself, with out 5 people haveing to assure you that you won't be called rice. Then again, nevermind just make you car look like everyone elses, that's what everyone else is doing. Your right, those rims do look AWESOME and not many people run them......oh wait, you'll prob. be called a ricer.....better get some Cobra R's

Thanks for letting me waste your time

l8ter
Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 04:19 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Default Re: Rants from the tireburner

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
First of all, I've noticed that many domestic automaticly call ANY import a ricer, even if it's not riced out. WTF is up with that??
Well, I guess I'm kinda guilty of that one. For more than 20 years now, I have referred to anything that came on wheels from Asia as "rice". They're all rice-burners, in my book. Now, that's very different from "riced-out", or "ricer", but some still might be (have been) offended by my choice of the word rice for all of them. Oh well. I haven't lost any sleep over it.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Just be yourself...I have "0" brand loyalty...I have

00' GMC V8 truck
88' 5.0 GT vert
91' CRX that can out run the 1st generation 4.6...
86, prelude 2.0si

Many of my friends make fun of me for owning two hondas. I dont care they get good gas mileage and run forever.

My truck is my daily driver. My stang is for racing. Alot of people wish I would get a Ford truck so the chevy guys dont say I pulled the stang to the track behind a Chevy cause I wanted to be sure I at least made it to the track.

Oh Yeah!! "Tireburner" You need to get a 5.0
Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 09:53 AM   #4
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I guess i'm guilty of it too. Although I respect some of the imports. To me if you put alot of money in your car and respect it, then it'll get my respect too. It's the import boys who's mommy and daddy bought their car for them and they put an intake and NAWWS on it and think they can burn everybody a new ***$hole. A couple of the import boys around town talk trash about my car when i trailer it around sometimes..but they never offer to come to the track friday night and run me You'll always have somebody talk bad about your sh*t. It's usually from the people who don't have anything to begin with.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 10:13 AM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Radical GT.........There probably isnt an import on the planet that could hang with you.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:31 PM   #6
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I wouldn't say that now...but thanks for the compliment. Some of those imports scare me!!! Especially the ones with the Type R badges and japanese lettering. Gives me chills down my spine.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:57 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Of Rice and Men

tireburner163:

It's all in your perspective.

Once upon a time, I had nothing against a Japanese car that was just that; a Japanese car. I sort of liked a few of them. Certainly great daily drivers and a good value. No problem.

When they started aging and the younger guys begin buying them and attempted to mimic race cars with huge wings, 18" tires, the dopey decals, the fart pipes and all the rest, I started refering to those cars as 'Rice' and that term has become almost generic now, and always used as a pejorative for a foreign car.

Frankly, since it's mostly high school and college-age guys who do this 'rice' routine anything much outside of stock will probably incur the dreaded 'rice' label,.

The chasm between V-8 Muscle car enthusists (like us) and the 'Ricers' has grown so wide that now, anything remotely 'rice-like' can get you labeled. Stupid? Oh yeah. Certainly not worth having a fist-fight over - but, hey, these things happen.

I always kept my Mustang (and every other car I've owned) stock on the outside so this was never an issue for me but I understand that it's one for you and anyone in the 16 - 22 crowd these days who cares about what they drive.

It's annoying, frustrating and way overblown but if you let other's opinions dictate what you do with your own car, you deserve the hassle. You want wheels, get wheels. A monster system? Get one. Just understand that when you do this, you open yourself up to the grief some will gleefully give you. Screw them but don't let it drive you into fights and broken hands again. Five years from now you'll wonder why you cared about this stuff, anyway. I can almost guarantee it.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #8
PKRWUD

Um, yeah, what he said.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #9
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Josh, just wanted to let you know that I'm sending you a bill for the 2 minutes I wasted on this thread. Quit whining and get a 5.0

just playin with ya bro
Old 06-15-2002, 09:04 PM   #10
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:

I REALLY hate the fact that I've been called rice by some **** brick that didn't know a cam from his butt, because I had a sterio in my car, and because I didn't have a GT. WTF is up with that?

I REALLY didn't like the broken hand I got from the insueing fight from the above character.

I REALLY hate the people who constantly remind me that I don't have a 5.0 and that I need one(thanks, like I didn't know that )

.....better get some Cobra R's

Damn dude, you cared enough about what that dick said about your car that you broke a bone over it? Jesus...

I totally agree with this, I heard the same **** when I had my V6. I knew eventually I would have a V8, but I didn't need or want one when I was 17

Sometimes having the same thing as other people actually reinforces your individuality...not caring enough about other people's stuff that you are willing to have what YOU want, even if lots of other hobbyists have the same stuff. Yeah, its nice to have something NICE and ORIGINAL, but hey, that's not always possible. Sure, lots of other Mustangers have Rs, but hey: mine are the prettiest in my eyes (at least for now!)
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 10:05 PM   #11
tireburner163

ok about the fight, it was someone I didn't like. There was also much more stuff that lead up to the fight, it wasn't JUST because he called me a ricer. That was simply the final straw in a rather heated argument.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 06-16-2002, 01:46 AM   #12
digital3.3

dude all that matters is do you like your car the way it is / or is going to be. and if someone else doesn't like it to bad for them its there tough luck. i wouldn't let anyone get to you about how your car looks you worked for it and you like it so thats all that matters.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:05 AM   #13
PKRWUD

That really is the truth. I remember when I had my SS396, I did everything to it the way I wanted to, and didn't care what anybody else said. Well, with one exception. I burned up a set of brand new T/A radials in 8 days, so I replaced them with a set of Torque Twister N50's. They wouldn't tuck all the way, so the back end sat a bit high. I got crap for that, and I took it into consideration, but other than that, it was the way I wanted it done. No regrets.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-17-2002, 09:37 PM   #14
tireburner163

Quote:
Here is a prime example of what I am talking about. This is a PM that I received today. Stuff like this pisses me off to no end.

V6?

When you get yourself a V8, that is when you can put up your numbers at the track. My 93' posts the same times your V6 is running on an 1/8 mile track, at Rockingham, which happens to be an 1/4 mile track. This isn't meant to piss you off, though it probably will, since you have one of those replica mustangs. If it isn't a V8 it is not a true mustang, sorry thems the breaks. Upgrade!

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 06-17-2002, 09:46 PM   #15
digital3.3

anything less than a v-8 mustang is a replica. hahahaha thats funny cause they don't say replica on them, must some new model mustang. i thought a kit car was a replica. jeez ford must be build a new version the "replica". its too bad there are sorry people like that out there.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:55 PM   #16
PKRWUD

Man, give me a break. Why do you let brain-dead morons get to you? It's a waste of your time. Please, you're better than that.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:20 PM   #17
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Man, give me a break. Why do you let brain-dead morons get to you? It's a waste of your time. Please, you're better than that.

Take care,
-Chris
Yea Chris I guess your right(must be the wisdom that comes with old age ). I shouldn't let it get to me. I guess it was the fact that he PM'ed me simply out of anger that he was wrong about something and I told him so, that pissed me off so bad for a while. But your right, I shouldn't let people like him bother me, I'll work on being more tolorant. Thanks for the advice

l8ter
Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 06-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #18
PKRWUD

Quote:

Yea Chris I guess your right(must be the wisdom that comes with old age ).
Watch your damn mouth, junior!

Really, Josh, don't let them get to you. You'll go so much farther in life if you ignore the rants of the less informed and just plain stupid. Trust me on this one. You really are better than that.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:59 PM   #19
mustanggt350
Registered Member

Look at it this way. The Straight-6 1965 Mustang is one of the rarest stock cars you will ever see at a show. Why? Because everyone traded the engine up to a V8. I don't have the number right now of V-6's made in 1965 but I do know it was a lot. Next time you go to a show look around!! The last show I was at, there was only one V-6, and I would have taken pictures of the car if it hadn't had a mishap on pony trails. No matter what anyone else says, you still have a FORD MUSTANG!! A Mustang that is getting rarer by the day, Keep it like it is! If you are proud of your ride, that is all that matters. People can see that, you will get respect for it.

By the way OUCH!! I just want to know what the other guy looks like!!

Hats off to the die-hard Mustang owner.

1991 Medium Red Mustang GT (Scarlet)
mustanggt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:03 PM   #20
digital3.3

hell i have only seen one other i-6 mustang around 1981 other than mine. i don't often you guys see 'em if at all. there aren't many left in good condition, thats way i like mine.