MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-03-2001, 09:32 AM   #1
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Red face Mad E-bay seller... help me out if you can!

I won an ebay bid for 35th anniversary side scoops for my mustang. They are black and nice etc etc. Anyways, the dude wants the money and some stuff came up so I can't buy them and he's getting mad. Anyone interested in getting them lemme know. thanks.

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
PonyGirl

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 09:38 AM   #2
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Sometimes, this works if the seller isn't a complete terminal idiot.

e-mail him a pleasant note telling him of your plight, and offer to pay his listing and final eBay fees. This way, it hasn't cost him any out-of-pocket money and he can relist. If he had a lot of bids, should not be too much of a problem.

This has been done quite a lot, but doesn't always work.

------------------
'89 LX 5.0 - 5 speed. Original Owner
'94 E-150 4.9 Hi-Top Conversion Van
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:41 AM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Cool

yeah Jodi, **** happens. i would do what maroon says. its not like you did it on purpose. it happens. i think that is the best way. if he want to be a jerk about it after you telling him the situation, then tell him to stick those scoops up his *** !

------------------
90 LX Black on Black
Flowbabies, h-pipe, Mac unequal shorties, K&N, Hurst, subframes, Motorsport springs, MSD coil, 3.55's
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:31 PM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

I'd throw in a 5% restocking fee as well as reimbursement for the fees he paid. Look at it from his standpoint. He put the part up for sale with a time limit on the bidding. Maybe he needed the money to buy something that he wanted and now he has to do what you're doing. It's a vicious cycle. He's out of time as well as money.

Another option, if you can, is to just pay him and then put the part up for bid again to recoup your money for the thing that came up. Do you know who the second highest bidder was? Maybe they'll take it off your hands.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 09:47 PM   #5
PKRWUD

You gotta be careful about the "second highest bidder" thing. I was selling my Grandfathers old cameras about a year ago, and the final bid was $1700.00. eBay charged me a small fortune, and the winning bidder emailed me and said he changed his mind, and for me to just sell to the second highest bidder for a $25 loss. Problem was, this jerk kept bidding and bidding until he had the high bid. Granted, the 2nd place guys high bid was $1675.00, but if the winning yahoo hadn't gone nuts, the 2nd place guy would have won it for $1300.00, and that was all he was willing to pay. I eventually got my money back from eBay, and cleared $1300 for the cameras, but I also feel like I got robbed of $400.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:18 PM   #6
rbatson

I hate to say this because you are part of the mustangworks family.. if you bid, it you get it. I'd be mad if someone did that to me, so would you. I hope someone here wants to buy them but if not.. you should figure out a way to pay for them and resale them if nothing else.
Old 10-04-2001, 12:55 PM   #7
btr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
I hate to say this because you are part of the mustangworks family.. if you bid, it you get it. I'd be mad if someone did that to me, so would you. I hope someone here wants to buy them but if not.. you should figure out a way to pay for them and resale them if nothing else.
Yep, check out the legal stuff. The guy could actually take you to court and easily win.

btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 07:03 PM   #8
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Although you are technically bound, settling the matter outside of ebay (courts) is against Ebay policy.

Sorry, Jodi, I don't have anything I could use them for.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 01:38 AM   #9
mustang marty gt

what is the price on them ,let me know. they should fit my 00gt butif they are too high , don't want them. i won't be back on until 12: oo fri night

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 02:39 AM   #10
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i changed my user name from above post let's see if it work's.

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote