MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2002, 11:20 PM   #1
HopingForAGT
Registered Member

Default Think im finally gonna start looking for a fox

ill be getting a couple thousand dollars in june for graduation...i think im gonna sell the slomaro and get a fox body...what years did they foxs come with airbags....those are the years i DONT want i hate not having tilt wheel...also what would be good first mods? exhuast? also about how much you think ill be looking to spend on a decent 88-91 GT or maybe a notchback
flowmaster series 80
k&n open element
KYB shocks/struts
Eibach springs
16x8 TT IIs

1995 AODE Mustang GT
K&N Filter
HopingForAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:51 PM   #2
Red514LX
Registered Member

I know my 1990 LX Coupe w/ almost no options DID come with an airbag. A nice notchback is going to cost you some money..probably the equivalent of a convertible.....

Good 1st mods...hmm....you know...you can go and do all the bolt-on stuff and you'll have a car that runs 13s at around 100-104mph depending on the model. Bolt-ons aren't exactly cheap, though. When you add it all up, the exhaust, pulleys, headers, shifter, gears, throttle body, etc. you've spent quite a chunk of change and you don't have any major power gains to show for it nor have you really freshened the engine up much. However, I think if you are on a budget restriction and you are impatient then it's hard to beat the bolt-ons plus 75-150 dry kit. That will instantly get your car into the 108-112mph range in the 1/4 which is very competitive against new LS1s..even the new blown cobra.

Nevertheless, I think the first step should be to ask yourself what YOU want the car to run when you're all done with it. Set yourself a horsepower goal. Then set yourself a timeline to achieve that level of power. Usually power = time + money and more power = more time + more money. Work out this equation until you are satisfied with the results.

Personally, I am a big fan of nitrous because I think it's a great bang-for-the-buck. I am also a big fan of 351W- or 460-stroker engine swaps because you are gaining a great deal of power whilst also freshening up the motor....a win/win situation.

I am NOT a big fan of simple bolt-ons like gears, exhaust, and throttle body unless they are all part of the big plan (i.e., you set forth to do a head/cam/intake 302 and the gears, exhaust, and TB are part of the plan to supplement those mods).

Good luck!
Red514LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 11:07 AM   #3
HopingForAGT
Registered Member

im only looking for mid 13s or so...i dont need a 11 second car...i just want something faster than what i have and that will get me from point a to point b alittle more reliable than the camaro has the past year ive had it (been down many many times) also i know alot of guys that are big into mustangs...all three have blown mustangs...id like to get the car in june do gears and exhuast then save for a 6psi vortech...thats all i would need id say that would hang with a ls1 if i had some suspension mods.

OH yeah where is the first cyclinder on a mustang gt? 95 5.0 my dad want me to mess with the timing...is the forst cyclinder on the driver side front like my camaro or what? i thought it was different
flowmaster series 80
k&n open element
KYB shocks/struts
Eibach springs
16x8 TT IIs

1995 AODE Mustang GT
K&N Filter
HopingForAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 11:34 AM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

The #1 plug is the first plug on the passenger side.

4 8
3 7
2 6
1 5
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 12:02 AM   #5
DemonGT
Registered Member

91-93 foxes had the pony wheels...87-90 had turbines...i think it was 89 or so they switched to mass air to...if thats a consern
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote