MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2002, 03:00 PM   #21
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Contact AOL and see if they will send him a nice note

Good luck and keep us updated.

Ian

My WebSites:
VortechPower.com - Brand new site for Vortech users!
NOVIPOWER.COM - Devoted to the performance of the NOVI supercharger
STANGPOWER.COM - A small community based in Canada for Mustangs
MORE WebSites Coming soon

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:09 PM   #22
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I would recommend to everyone on the board that uses eBay to only pay via PayPal. For the most part you are protected via PayPal on all purchases sent to a verified account. Ebay does offer some protection, but they're customer service is non-existant.

I'm always very nervous when I send someone a money order to pay for an auction.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #23
PKRWUD

2Fast-
PM me with the details.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 01:09 PM   #24
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I think this guy has made a couple posts on this message board. He registered as CT5.0. If that is the case I need to see if Dan can get me his IP from those posts to see if it matches. Anyone know of a way to extract the IP from an email?
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 02:18 PM   #25
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Yep, right click on the message, and go to options.

I have attached a screen shot:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp email.bmp (739.1 KB, 12 views)

My WebSites:

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
Old 02-02-2002, 02:31 PM   #26
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Ok. That was simple enopugh. I knew I saw that somewhere before but didn't remember how to get to it. One of these days when i'm not thinking too clearly I guess.

Here's the info for all the world to see...
Return-Path: <Ct5liter@aol.com>
Delivered-To: indian6-2FastLX@indianastangers.com
Received: (qmail 28702 invoked from network); 1 Feb 2002 21:56:13 -0000
Received: from imo-r08.mx.aol.com (152.163.225.104)
by -H with SMTP; 1 Feb 2002 21:56:13 -0000
Received: from Ct5liter@aol.com
by imo-r08.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.26.) id n.48.5dbc2c1 (3935)
for <2FastLX@indianastangers.com>; Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:56:35 -0500 (EST)
Message-ID: <48.5dbc2c1.298c6913@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:56:35 EST
Subject: Re: Door panels
To: 2FastLX@indianastangers.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_48.5dbc2c1.298c6913_boundary"
X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 256
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 02-02-2002, 02:38 PM   #27
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Default Sorry...

Sorry I did not realize that he was @aol.

That ip is just the ip of the mail server. If he had cable then it would be the ip address of the machine.

Even if Dan gets you his ip address, easy to do with VBulletin, if he is on dial-up it changes everytime.

I did a Trace Route on the ip and his e-mail, the only thing I got was this:
=====
Name: mail1-r7-p0-0.aol.com
IP Address: 152.163.133.226
Network: AOL-BNET

Registrant:
America Online, Inc
22000 AOL Way
Dulles, VA 20166
US
======

As you can see it is only the mail server.

Get Dan to get the ip address and post it, I will see if I can Trace him.

My WebSites:

Old 02-02-2002, 02:38 PM   #28
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

That user name (CT5.0) has to be him. I found him on the Corral using the same name and for his location he uses another town in Connecticut. That's the 4th town i have heard in Connecticut he lives in if that is him.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 02-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #29
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

2Fast: I did a little test

I sent him an e-mail asking if I was speaking to Fred, my long lost friend. He replied very quickly with:

"No, you must have the wrong address. thanks"

So now we both know he is around, have you tried contacting him? What does he say?

Ian

My WebSites:

Old 02-03-2002, 02:56 PM   #30
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I called this guy on the phone last night and woke him up (1:00am his time). I must have woke his mother up as well because an older sounding woman answered the phone then put him on. It sounded like she had to go to another room to wake him. He was pissed because I called him that late. I think it's kind of funny. If that pisses him off maybe I can get under his skin with tele-marketers. Anyway, he said the door panels will be shipped out Monday, and I told him it would be in his best interest that he did get them or my money back to me to avoid having the FBI come down on his butt. At least now I know for a fact his name is actually Matt, and he does live at the address he gave me. If you're reading this Matt - "GOOD LUCK HIDING NOW!!!"

Also, my brother is a pc GOD and says he has some software that will make this guy's day if he #^@&$ with me much longer. I tried explaining to the guy he doesn't want to mess with me because of the number of things I plan to do if he does, but he just laughs it off. I have a good feeling he won't be laughing much longer.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 02-03-2002, 03:01 PM   #31
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

2FastLX: Please do not use the pc software approach. Yes many of us have tools that can cause allot of damage, but you are no better then him if you use them. Also if you get caught using the tools (ip smack, ip trace kill, ect...) you will get big ****!

I urge you to just keep on him, and use other means of getting your parts. File with his state, the FBI, ect...

Just my suggestion.

Ian

My WebSites:

Old 02-03-2002, 04:31 PM   #32
PKRWUD

2fast-
Check your email. You will be pleasantly surprised.

You owe me lunch.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-03-2002, 08:48 PM   #33
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

The software he has is not a virus to some extent. I'm not sure what it is but I know no virus program will detect it. Anyway, I'm sure it's not going to come to that after the way he sounded on the phone. I think we have put the fear of GOD into this punk. Thanks for the help guys. I'll let you know how it goes. He has til the end of this week.

And yeah Chris, you da man! Thanks buddy.

P.S. I'd buy you dinner, but by the time it got to you it would be cold LOL. We'll have to figure something else out. Do those Vegas Showgirls have gift certificates??

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 02-04-2002, 02:02 AM   #34
PKRWUD

That's what friends are for. Don't sweat it.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-04-2002, 09:45 PM   #35
buddha
Registered Member

After reading this post, I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.

I've sold maybe a dozen or so parts through the boards, including a regulator this week. The guy was good enough to send me a money order (his idea). I recieved the check Saturday afternoon, and shipped his package today. How hard is that? If your going to sell parts to fellow Mustangers, don't screw around. There's no reason he had taken so long other than lack of responsibility or just plain stupidity.

I
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 10:42 AM   #36
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

STILL NO DOOR PANELS!!!!!!

Anyone in Connecticut care to pay this loser a visit?

If the FBI isn't scary enough maybe a baseball bat is. Where's the closest sporting goods store from the airport up there?

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 02-07-2002, 11:14 AM   #37
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

damn Kevin, this is getting me pissed off too, and I'm not even involved!

just the fact that some punk kid would do this to you is sickening. I don't think I'll be buying anything even halfway expensive from classifieds or Ebay from now on (unless the seller has an EXCELLENT rating)

This guy probably doesn't even have the door panels, just give him a call and tell him to send your money back or you WILL get it back yourself.

I'd head out there with you, but I've got finals coming up soon.

good luck man
Old 02-07-2002, 01:31 PM   #38
PKRWUD

Kevin, you'll get them. He made it sound like he was going to wait until the last minute to send them when he wrote me, just because you were bugging him. The 30 day mark is a week from Saturday. I'll send him another letter if you haven't received them by this Monday. If, God forbid, you don't receive them by next Saturday, you and I will rip this twit a new a~hole. Trust me with this.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #39
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I'm literally going to do just that if he does try to rip me off.

I kind of get the feeling he's trying to wait til the last minute as well. He thinks he has 30 days after he cashed my money order. I told the retard he has 30 days after the end of the auction to have the panels to me. I hope he waits past the 30 days so i can turn his butt in to eBay as well.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 02-07-2002, 01:42 PM   #40
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Hey Chris, where the hell did you get that Muscle Machines car at in your Avatar? I have the red Stang like yours, but haven't seen that one yet.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241