MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Exclamation ATTN MA folks...and others.

I was at Richard Clinch's arraignment this morning. It was very sobering...knowing he'll probably get a ridiculously harsh sentence because of who it was he killed. For those not familiar with the case, you can read about it here.

Clinch is only 22. He has no prior record. He is not much different from any other young adult who had one too many beers and thought he could drive home. Just to get an idea of how serious they're taking the offense, his bail was set at $20,000 cash. For a DWI/VM. Ouch.

Let's hope we all think twice before driving under the influence.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:21 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down The party's over

Not much sympathy for this Richard Clinch guy here.

He drove drunk and killed an innocent man - who survived the Iranian hostage standoff - for what? So he could party and drive drunk just because he believed he could 'handle it'. He was wrong and a man is dead. Again, for what? For nothing at all except that another man broke the law and by his actions, killed him.

Clinch will get some jail time - maybe a lot, but he'll be in his 30's, at the most, when he gets out. The other man, who did nothing but be in a drunk driver's way, doesn't get any more years - or minutes. He dies.

That fact is undeniable and so makes any sympathy for the drunk driver hard to find.

Yes, there but for the grace of God go a lot of us, but it still doesn't make drunken driving O.K. I don't wish bad things for this Clinch guy but I can't worry much about him, either. That could have been me or my wife or son in that car he rear-ended.

Don't drink and drive. It isn't a joke and it isn't kewl or anything else, just stupid and very dangerous. This is why.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

how sad, when my drinking day's came to an end, i thought i could handle it, huh i drove home from a party 1 hour's drive away from home, i don't remember leaving, when i woke up the next morning at home, i was shocked i looked to see if me & lee were ok, i ran to see if my car was trashed, nothing, i asked lee who drove us home , she said -you did- after that if i even thought about a drink, i threw my car key's on the counter, never again. it's sad that a man went through all that just to die because some jackazz thought he could drive . R.I.P. oh yes my little story happened in 88.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote