MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-31-2002, 06:00 PM   #21
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation PC is NG, Part IV

Quote:
Originally posted by mean81GT

I work with a black man. Tell me if this is what you people see too. Whenever America as a whole does something against another country (i.E. Afghanistan) he makes a statement like "americans think this..." or " american's think that...". I ask him what nationality he is, and he says he is Jamaican. He has lived in this country for over 35 years.
Unfortunately, too many modern immigrants who left their homelands and came to America to escape poverty and oppression never seem to be willing to adopt America or attempt to assimilate into our national culture.

They want it both ways; enjoying all the freedoms, economic and personal, of America but maintain their birth nationality, act as a 'foreigner' and criticize America at every turn. Hypocrisy on stilts, if you ask me.

Our grandparents and great-grandparents were often immigrants, spoke the native language at home, ate the ethnic foods, celebrated the ethnic holidays and so on, but also learned to speak English (or the kids did) and adopted America as their home while retaining their heritage. It made sense and worked well for 200 years.

Now, we have to practically cater to foreigners (don't get me started on the Spanish language concessions we've made in an English-speaking country) and 'diversity' has become a religion to some, especially in government. More like politicians pandering to whatever ethnic group they can con votes from.

A country's strength is in unity, not diversity. A diverse people coming together has always been America's greatest strength. Not a Balkanized America with endless little enclaves of hyphenated Americans that consider themselves permanent foreigners and cling to a national identity and a 'homeland' that they once fled from but - once safe and relatively prosperous in America - now look to as their 'real' home as they find fault (seemingly endlessly) with the very country that gave them a better life. Go figure.

Your Jamaican friend is a fine example of this hypocrisy in action and it's partially fueled by anti-American liberals who manipulate immigrants with the concept that they're somehow 'oppressed' by (mostly invisible) racism and that any personal failures are not their failures but are caused by 'America', racism and the evil 'white people' who want to oppress them. Gimme a break!

It makes me puke when I hear this drivel but it's swallowed whole by far too many 'people of color' as well as latinos and others. Asian immigrants however, seem to bypass this Marxist crapola and proceed straight to dignity and prosperty in many cases, which the other groups seem to envy and complain about but refuse to emulate, to their loss.

As I stated in an earlier post; victimhood is the fashion now, as well as a thinly disguised anti-Americanism and for blacks, a perpetual grievance about a slavery that they know only from history books.

It's pathetic but it's also the fruit of years of leftist-driven black 'leaders' and white liberals preaching the 'noblity' of victimhood and the endless complaint of 'racism' when none exists.

Those figures I quoted for black poverty, prison population, illegitimacy, school drop-out rates are all quite real but are routinely waved away by the liberals and black 'leaders' as 'proof' of racism. Neat, huh? When a black person gets knocked up, commits a crime and goes to jail, flunks school or won't get a job, it's your fault, 'Whitey'. So, with this mindset, there is no need to improve and the 'ghetto culture' thrives while the black population falls deeper and deeper into decline and still, it's everyone else's fault.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Unlike your Jamaican friend, I know some black guys that went to college, stayed away from drugs and promscuity and now have very nice jobs and a comfortable lifestyle and never claimed 'oppression' or racism held them down. As a black friend once said to me; 'Middle-class, educated blacks have no spokesman' to trumpet the truth that America, while far from perfect, is still the land of opportunity for all who take hold of what's offered and don't wait for it to be handed to them.

Black people have risen to every level of Americam society; including Secretary of State, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Senator, Congressman, Governor, Mayor, Police Chief, College President, on and on, including the more obvious successes in the sports and entertainment fields.

America is still the Land of Opportunity; millions prove it by coming here - illegally and legally - every year. Unfortunately, many immigrants also find it preferable to play the 'native' card and not only criticize America (that's fair) but whine about racism and other phantom evils that suppopsedly 'oppress' them.
Funny, but while they send home plenty of American dollars earned in this oppressive land and enjoy the freedom to complain about it, precious few ever decide to leave and return to the 'old country'. Wonder why? I don't. They never had it so good and they know it, but playing the oppressed, victimized foreigner is easier than just adopting American culture and going after what you want the old fashioned way, buy working and sweating for it and taking responsibility for your own failures and mistakes. Easier to just 'Blame America First'.

I'm sick of it, as you may have noticed.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 09:08 PM   #22
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
It's blatant reverse descrimination. Just like affirmative action.

Although I agree with your entire post, this term stuck me like a pin. Reverse discrimation, aka blacks towards whites correct?
Well, that would imply that "discrimiation" by itself means strictly "whites hatin' everyone else". This term is yet another creation of the PC movement in order to place blame/guilt on the majority race, so be wary of using it, or also "reverse racism". Its a bogus term that really makes no sense.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:09 AM   #23
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Good point, Belle.

I guess our generation has been conditioned since our earliest years that white people descriminate against other people. We come to assume that descrimination refers to white people against another race. I can see where the term reverse descrimination is rather ambiguous.

mean81GT,

I thought about the implications when I first wrote that statement. I have my own religious beliefs and can and will defend them, but as you said, this is not a religious discussion.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:02 AM   #24
1965GTO
Registered Member

Halle Berry deserves an oscar for the act she put on after her hit and run a few years back. She didn't even remember driving home.LOL! As far as the lawsuit goes give each negro family $50 and lets forget about race, now that Denzel and Halle have won, America is finally free of racism. African-Americans are Americans who speak african. Negroes in the USA are rarely African-American. Am I Italian-American just because my grandfather could speak Italian? I don't think so.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:54 AM   #25
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking :)

All I have to say is if I ever come back as a cartoon character, I wanna be one of those "drunken Mexican Mice lounging around the Villiage!!!!"
Has anyone sent Mustangmom2k this link? Shes gonna have a coronary when she reads about Pepe!!!!! (Her car!)
~~~on the lighter side!~~~ TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:39 PM   #26
mean81GT
Registered Member

"mean81GT,

I thought about the implications when I first wrote that statement. I have my own religious beliefs and can and will defend them, but as you said, this is not a religious discussion.

--nathan"

I wasn't trying to start a religious debate, I was just stating that religion is exactly the same, where the only record is what has been passed from generation to generation constantly being reinterpreted. Remember in school, when the teacher would tell the first kid in class a story, and he would in turn tell the kid sitting behind him, and then the kid behind him, ans so on. Eventually the last kid would repeat what he heard and the story would be completely different than when it started. I think Jesus was the "Martin Luther King Jr" of his time. He had an opinion, and spoke it out loud. Someone disagreed with him, so they killed him for it. That's what i think at least.
Old 04-03-2002, 03:15 PM   #27
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Religion and myth

Quote:

I think Jesus was the "Martin Luther King Jr" of his time. He had an opinion, and spoke it out loud. Someone disagreed with him, so they killed him for it. That's what i think at least.
I think you need to actually read the bible, especially the Gospels, and you'll have a much different understanding of who Jesus was and why he was executed by the religious authorities of his day. Without engaging in a bible lesson, let me say that it was a lot more than Jesus simply having a contrary 'opinion'.

Check it out for yourself.
Old 04-03-2002, 05:07 PM   #28
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Ok...I never said that you were trying to start a religious debate. I simply re-stated what you brought up....this is not a religious debate.

WARNING>>>WARNING>>>

The following is a religious opinion held by the author...if such offends you...please stop reading at this point.

I'll say it flat out....I don't agree with your religious views.

However, like Jim said, I suggest you study the Bible and draw your own conclusions. I know that this discussions is leading to a statement that the Bible has been re-written by every person to come along and that the original message has been long since lost. I will concede that the scenario holds true to some extent as it would in every form of written history. However, scholars have been very careful to attempt to preserve the original message brought forth by the scriptures. Scholars have examined all available documents in order to pull together the most congruent and perservering themes and accounts, and they place a great deal of emphasis on documents such as the Dead Sea scrolls which date anywhere from the third century B.C. to just a few decades after the life of Christ. Documents such as these have had little chance to be altered by myriads of history buffs who try and put their own slant on things.

Also, as far as the Bible is concerned, I consider it to be a book inspired by God. By no means is it a comprehensive collection of religious literature, but rather, it is a collection of writings which best summarizes the message of the gospel and which scholars as a whole place the most credibility to as far as author and content.

There are some who argue the validity of various translations. Some hold fast to the King James version...that it is the only "true" translation and that the NIV is from the devil. My opinion on that is this: as long as you're not reading Satan's New Hades version of the Bible, God can work through His Word reguardless of translation. I leave the bickering to those who would waste their time over useless argument. It's God's Word. He will make sure his message gets across to the reader. It's the Spirit who reveals truth, not the translation.

Anyway...I really don't know why I went there...but you expressed your opinions, and I felt a need to express and defend my opinions in the context of my previous statement.

Hope I didn't hurt any feelings out there, and if I did...well, you really need to grow thicker skin .

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:37 PM   #29
Pokey 5.0
Prince the Porcelain Pimp

Quote:
Originally posted by JL1314
There are just too many idiots in this world.. I'm moving to an island with a dragstrip.
you want an island with a drag strip ill suggest "ARUBA" the gov't owns the track, its below sea level, and they just held the "ARUBA ROYAL NATIONALS" there 2 weeks ago.

as far as this "racial" stuff goes all i hae to say is what about farakahn, hes got to be the most racial person ive ever heard of!

i just dont get it.

Tony
NMRA P/S #5131

CMP Racing
Flaming River
Pakman Motorsports
Belden Inc.
UPR Products
All Show Polishing (Rob 708-997-0226)
Strange Engineering
Pokey 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 04:49 AM   #30
Mach 1
Registered Member

I though I would throw this into the fire about the spanish language situation in this country.

A friend of mine of Mexican heritage visited me recently. She lives in Houston Texas, a large city with many spanish speaking "immigrants" (most illegal, according to her).

She told me that they are now hiring spanish speaking teachers for the school system to cater to the spanish speaking immigrants. Now they will have thier school classes taught entirely in spanish. Can you believe this?!

Instead of learning english while still retaining thier culture as Mr 5.0 stated, that has worked great for many years, now they will have school classes "catered" to thier language.

This will give them less incentive to learn english at all.

She mentioned that her grandparents were forced to learn english when they immigrated here. If they spoke spanish in school, they were reprimanded, and they soon learned english because they had to.

Not any more.....
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 10:03 AM   #31
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

It's going to get the the point that we are so afraid about offending someone or another country that Canada is going to invade, and because we're too concerned about offending our neighboring country, we'll let them march to Washington and take over the country. How aboot that for a scenario, eh?

--nathan

Last edited by silver_pilate; 04-04-2002 at 12:03 PM..
Old 04-04-2002, 03:04 PM   #32
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
It's going to get the the point that we are so afraid about offending someone or another country that Canada is going to invade, and because we're too concerned about offending our neighboring country, we'll let them march to Washington and take over the country. How aboot that for a scenario, eh?

--nathan
LOL!!

I'll be ready at the Detroit - Windsor border with machine guns locked and loaded.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:43 PM   #33
mean81GT
Registered Member

Unfortuneately, the bible was crammed down my throat by my grandmother, and it turned me against religion at an early age. I believe in evolution. and between my own reading, and listening to religious people talk, i believe strongly that there is not one all powerful being that created the universe. I believe that there is a faith, that people need to believe in an all powerful being that can correct all the wrongs in their life. People need to feel that when they die, something is going to happen. I also feel people should be entitled to believe whatever they want to believe. But along those lines, people should not be able to push their beliefs on others, trying to change everyone's beliefs to match their own. I am sorry for bringing this up in my previous post, this thread wasn't meant to be a religious discussion.
Old 04-04-2002, 06:04 PM   #34
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

It's no problem, mean81GT. I don't mind discussing my faith with anyone, and I appreciate your input.

I can't say that I agree with your religious views, but they're just that...your religious views, and you're entitled to them. That's what makes America what it is...that different faiths are tolerated, and people can express their views freely without thought of ridicule. At least that's how it's suppose to be. I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you or any person, but I will gladly discuss them with you.

I come from a scientific background. Even now I'm deeply involved with the study of human biology. I've had about every biological course there is, and I've seen a lot of things. I believe in evolution as well. Maybe it's not the same type of evolution which you refer to, but in nature, everything must evolve or adapt or it will die. Darwin was not a heretic...he was a smart man with an inquisitive mind. It's survival of the fittest. If by some chance of nature or mutation, one organism is better suited to survive in a particular environment and thus reproduce, passing on it's advantageous trait, it only serves reason to see that the trait will soon begin to dominate the population. That's basic common sense.

I don't wholly agree with radical evolutionism: that life began in a goo of amino acids struck by lightening to form bacteria, which then mutated into ameobas, into cyclopods, into crustacians, into fish, into amphibians, into reptiles, into mammals, into birds, into monkeys, into man. That is presuming an unbelieveable and impossible chance of statistics. Radical mutations themselves are statistically inconceivable, and almost without fail they end in death. To think that these anomolies occured many many many times to eventually form sophisticated life just by chance is a monstrous presumption, and I don't care how many billions of years you say it occured over. I just don't see how it could have happened without divine intervention of some sort.

This will give you an idea of how almost impossible it would be: For life to begin as scientists think, you would have a better chance of randomly reaching out anywhere in the entire universe and grasping a single, pre-selected atom, and then taking that pre-selected atom and randomly inserting it into another complete universe, only to randomly reach out and select the same atom again. It just is for all intents and purposes impossible to happen by chance. Sure, it's possible that all the atoms in my room this very moment will strike each other in such a way that they suddenly collect in the corners of the room, leaving a vaccume in the center of the room and causing my head to explode from the negative pressure, but it just aint gonna happen.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you had bad experiences with the Christian faith in the past. Search your heart and search for truth, and maybe you'll find it there. Again, I'll not force my beliefs on you; you're welcome to your own. But I'll be glad to share what I believe.

Take care.

--nathan

Old 04-04-2002, 06:16 PM   #35
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

MTU 50,

Hehe...I'll meet you there with my P45, some shotgun shell grenades, and some home-made semtex.

We'll repel 'em all....that is except those who fly the banner of MustangWorks. We'll let you guys live, and if you want, you can come on over.

--nathan

Old 04-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #36
Mach 1
Registered Member

Canada invade? Are you kidding? Those pot smoking, hockey loving, molsen ice drinking, fun loving neighbors of ours. I just dont see it happening.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 08:49 PM   #37
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Faith and atheism

Unfortunately, the bible was crammed down my throat by my grandmother, and it turned me against religion at an early age.

Sorry to hear that; it's a mistake many zealous but overbearing parents and relatives often make. I suggest that instead of simply dismissing 'religion', you study it and decide for yourself what is true and what isn't, instead of letting an unpleasant childhood exposure to 'religion' determine what you believe for the rest of your life.

I believe in evolution. and between my own reading, and listening to religious people talk, i believe strongly that there is not one all powerful being that created the universe.

A common assumption; you have much company (but not mine) on this one.

I believe that there is a faith, that people need to believe in an all powerful being that can correct all the wrongs in their life. People need to feel that when they die, something is going to happen.

Patronizing as well as a totally skewed view of what Christianity, at least, teaches. This kind of comment simply demonstrates an ignorance of the very faith it rejects. I find it sad that so many think this way.

I also feel people should be entitled to believe whatever they want to believe.

Of course, and so do I.

But along those lines, people should not be able to push their beliefs on others, trying to change everyone's beliefs to match their own.

Parents have every right and expectation that their children be exposed to and brought up in their family faith. As an adult, the child can always reject it, as you've done.

Those who attempt to share their faith are not 'pushing it' on anyone. You can say: "Not interested" and walk away. What are they going to do, wrestle you to the ground? C'mon.

That's a complaint I often hear and it's mostly invalid. No one can force you to believe anything and if you're firm and convinced in your unbelief you won't be moved or persuaded otherwise no matter how convincing or emotional the argument made, will you?

I've had my faith challenged many, many times by many very intelligent and articulate people. I've heard (and debated) all the standard atheist/agnostic arguments against God (and religion in general) that are usually based on false premises, anyway. My faith hasn't wavered one iota in all that time.

Most of the atheist arguments distill down to a refusal to submit to a higher authority (God) in any way. In effect, being your own 'god' and doing exactly as you please with no moral constrictions or responsibility, except to secular laws (if then). A humanist argument for atheisism is usually offered, but since Christianity is spiritually based, it's difficult to find any common ground and we end up quibbling over evolution and how the universe was made. Interesting but not very productive, in my opinion.

I don't fear the non-believer's challenge, it's the arrogant, sneering, dismissive 'You-must-be-an-idiot-to-believe-that' attitude coming from the agnostics/atheists that annoys me. They can't cure the common cold or find peace between warring nations with their intellectualism but they claim to have the origin as well as the meaning of life all figured out. They are as ridiculous as those they mock for believing something without thinking. It's the mirror of the over-zealous religious person screaming at you that you're 'Going to Hell' if you don't repent and adopt his/her religion immediately. Two sides of the same coin but the atheists never get it.

I don't wish to flip this into a religion discussion either but I couldn't let some of your remarks stand without comment or rebuttal. You're free to express your opinion of course but we all must expect that on a public messageboard, once you make sweeping accusations about and patronize those who don't share your atheism, you must expect to hear from those folks. Now you have.