MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2001, 01:46 AM   #1
thebean311
Registered Member

Post A newbie dives in: steeda tri-ax shifter

Hello all,

I have just dived into the wonderful world of mustang modding. Just ten minutes ago, I put in my order for a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. I've been driving my '00 GT now for about 9 months. I had just started a new job at the time, and had moved about 500 miles. I have just now gotten on my feet and my tax return will easily pay for my first mod!

One of the things I have picked up from this board as well as others is to swap out that stock shifter ASAP! Even though I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to cars, the install doesn't look bad at all. A while back, I ripped out my center dash console when upgrading the stereo (the clips on the factory cassette deck stuck, so I had to pull the console), so I kind of know my way around. I also removed my air silencer last night, but promptly put it back after reading that it actually hinders more than helps the '99+ GTs.

I'm really excited about all this and kind of worried, too. I fell into the 'mod' scene with computers about two years ago, and my wallet still hasn't forgiven me for that! Unfortunately, tricking out my mustang will cost way more $$$ than tricking out all of my PCs has cost. Once I start spending, i can't stop! This is what has me worried! Oh, I also just ordered a conical K&N as well. I haven't yet decided if I want cold air induction or anything else, but I figure the K&N is cheap enough that if I have to scrap it, no biggie.

Well, I just wanted to share my first mod with you great guys and gals. I'd also like to thank you all for the advice that you have given to me, as well as the advice that you have given to others! I went surfing the archives trying to choose between the tri-ax and the pro 5.0.

Bean

[This message has been edited by thebean311 (edited 03-09-2001).]
thebean311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:34 AM   #2
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

Hey bean! Welcome to the
board. I also recently
ordered a Steeda Tri-ax
shifter and have had it in my
car a little over a week. The
thing is great. Although
there is more noise comming
from it then the stock
shifter, it is so much
better. I also have the MAC
cold air induction in the
fender, and that also seems
to increase the power
somewhat and it looks nice
with the polished metal. Well
good luck in modding your
Mustang.

------------------
94 Mustang Cobra: off-road h-pipe, 3:73 gears, motersports underdrive pulleys, MAC cold air induction, MAC 1 1/2 inch lowering springs, K&N Air filter, Maximum Motersports caster/camber plates. steeda tri-ax shifter, Motorsports King Cobra Clutch with Steeda Cable Linkage.(its a gripper!)
94 Thunderbird SC: only mod is a K&N air filter. But she runs very well and hard.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:15 AM   #3
thebean311
Registered Member

CobraGirl,

I heard that it does make more noise. Is it a lot more noise? I have the mach460 sound system, so I'm thinking I can probably drown that noise out
thebean311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

No, it does not make alot of noise. I
usually don't hear it unless the radio is
turned down of I am off the throttle. It
just vibrates more b/c you don't have the
rubber bushings of the stocker. Which they
should find away to fix. It just takes
getting use to. I keep looking around going
what is that sound and then I will bump the
shifter and it stops, if I lay my hand on
it. But like I said it is well worth it. The
handle seems taller to me, but I had a Pro
5.0 handle in it before. You should enjoy it
after you get use to it.

------------------
94 Mustang Cobra: off-road h-pipe, 3:73 gears, motersports underdrive pulleys, MAC cold air induction, MAC 1 1/2 inch lowering springs, K&N Air filter, Maximum Motersports caster/camber plates. steeda tri-ax shifter, Motorsports King Cobra Clutch with Steeda Cable Linkage.(its a gripper!)
94 Thunderbird SC: only mod is a K&N air filter. But she runs very well and hard.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote