MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-06-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Angry Attention Mr. 5.0: EPA Related

www.sepp.org/controv/catalytic_dowjones.html

According to the above article, the EPA hastily downplayed the N20 numbers they had originially annouced...

I did a large amount of research after our discussion over my paper, and made some discoveries that made my career prospects as a conservative environmental engineer seem even more dismal than before

Although I didn't throughly discuss the mission of the EPA in our last discussion because I felt that my paper had nothing to do with their shady reporting/goals, I now feel that it most certainly does...

While I was reading up on this whole catalytic converter issue, I learned that even though automakers are completely willing to tinker with the current cat design to improve its efficency when cold, the EPA is most certainly trying to manipulate the facts to push for electric cars

My question is...why haven't they addressed the issue that electic cars are going to be run on power generated (most likely) at a COAL BURNING PLANT?!?!?! These are going to be the morons that I'll have to work with after grad school?!??!? Say it ain't so!

The reason I'm disheartened about future employment is...if I have to work with deceitful idiots like the current EPA peeps...I'm going to go nuts! God forbid the US have a feasibly implementable environmental policy....
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Well I'm not Mr. 5.0 but...

I've had my fair share of experience with the way left "greenie" whacko's....

As long as it "sounds" nice and friendly, it must be better right? yea, sure

You don't actually expect these morons to research anything do you? I mean, they get everything a human being would possibly need to know about anything from the liberal, spoon fed press...

Man, do I sound like a Republican or what? Crazy...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:39 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Catalytic converters and the EPA

Mustangbelle:

Well, I am Mr. 5.0 and I read the EPA story you linked to with genuine interest, as you can imagine. (Thanks for the ping).

I had to go back and double-check my comments on your original 'EPA' thread but I'm gratified that the EPA, by it's own backpedaling on the catalytic converter issue, has essentially verified my views on this subject.

I'm also pleased that you readily acknowledge the connections I originally attempted to make between the EPA and the generally anti-automobile, long-range U.S. environmental policies they subscribe to.

'Belle', I won't assume to advise you on your career plans but yes, you may need to do some re-thinking if you intend to hold realistic, real-world, non-PC opinions regarding federal environmental policy and work as a 'conservative' (i.e. realistic) environmental engineer. Sad but true.

Re-reading my comments on the original thread (that caused so much controversy) I continue to stand by them and believe that the facts will also continue to bear out my conclusions regarding the EPA, catalytic converters and the general animus the EPA holds toward the gasoline engine and automobiles in general.

I do some research before I post opinions on specific, sometimes complicated issues regarding public policy. I don't argue with slogans but I do try to offer a bit of reasoned discourse on the subject at hand. Sometimes it's appreciated, sometimes it's ignored, sometimes opposed. In the end, it's all good.

Your genuine interest in the catalytic converter efficiency issue shows integrity and a willingness to explore all sides of the issue, not depending on others opinions - including mine - or the EPA's. I'm pleased that we basically agree here despite the unfortunate hassle the original thread generated.

Thanks for following this up and sharing it with us.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: Attention Mr. 5.0: EPA Related

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
The reason I'm disheartened about future employment is...if I have to work with deceitful idiots like the current EPA peeps...I'm going to go nuts! God forbid the US have a feasibly implementable environmental policy....
I'm one of those bad industrial engineers (Mining Engineer). In my career I have gone toe to toe with many environmental activists, engineers, scientists and such. What has shocked me the most is that even people with 4 year degrees seem to lose all intelligence and common sense once they've become part of the "Save the Environment" band wagon.

What most of these retards don't realize is that the way we do business is changing, industrial engineers take courses on environmental impact and design with the environment in mind. These steps were not taken even 20 years ago.

I know I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of raving idiots.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 09:55 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Mustangbelle, the unfortunate truth is that you will find "deceitful idiots" in almost any area that you would venture into. These same people seek personal gain at the expense of almost everything else. This is just another unfortunate fact of life.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote