MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-02-2001, 12:26 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Cool How often do you dream about cars?

Man, this morning, I woke up with a smile on my face.

Last night, I dreamt that a good friend of mine (even though I can't remember his name, nor have I ever seen him b4 ) was selling his '99 Cobra. He told me that all he had left to pay on it was $1600 and that if I just payed that off, I could have it. Whooooaaaaaa!!!

In reality, I have been wanting a Cobra for a while, and was thinking about buying one when I graduated and staying out of school for a year then going to graduate school the following fall, but I didn't want to have to worry about car payments during my graduate school. But in the dream, for only $1600 I could easily buy it off b4 grad school started and keep up with insurance payments while in grad school.

Oh yeh, and the Cobra was in mint condition. Only one thing though........ it was an AUTOMATIC ! I even got to test drive it: sweet.
Uh, i don't know, an auto?, but hey it's a Cobra (?). Gonna be hard to pass up. Luckily the dream ended and I didn't get a chance to enter into any agreement (cause that'd be a hard decision for me).

After I was awake for a while, something hit me: a good friend of mine just bought a long-awaited '96 Mystic Cobra. I went to the Ford dealer where he works and checked it out. It's really pretty. I guess in many ways, he fulfilled my Cobra desires (even though mine'd be a '01). Kinda like a preview.

I already told my Mustang (the Fox) that I wouldn't like the Cobra more than it, I just need an everyday car, the Fox would still be my love.

-----------------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to
Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left
thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

TONS, I mean TONS of my dreams involve cars. I've had some might strange ones to.

I had a dream that I got a AC Cobra 427 s/c. I was so happy. Me and my girl were driving down this road and bumped into some friends. We went out to eat and when we came back out of the restraunt, my car had deflated. I remember saying "Oh NO, I've been ripped off, I got one of those cheap inflatable replicas." The body on teh car was inflatable.

So in my dream i had to patch my cars body and re inflate it. Then the body blew out while driving down the street.

Had two dreams like that.

And another one I remember was that I had gotten a 68 1/2 Mustang Fastback with the 428 Cobra Jet, me and my friend went to go cruising so we hopped in. I bragged about having so much power. I cranked the car and it spun tires in Nuetral, or park while cranking it up it had so much power Dont ask.

Also had a dream I stole (well took for a joy ride) a 66 ragtop and went cruising in it.

Had a dream about my old mustang. I got up and looked out the window to see two figures sitting in it. It was night so I was squinting, then the interior lights came on and it was two decaying corpses in my trying to put the seat belts on. They looked like me and my girlfriend at the time, Diane. They saw me looking at them and told me to never forget to buckle up.

THere are so many more, but I better end my post now before I get carried away.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 06:17 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Smile

I dream about cars all the time, especially racing them or getting into chases with them!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 10:59 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Most of my dreams are about my own car and being back in the states. I did have one that me and the g/f owned a big ole f350 with huge tires and like a 10 inch lift kit. It was an awesome truck. Now maybe if i could make that happen for real.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 09:29 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I dream about me and my girlfriend..............um never mind

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 02:08 PM   #6
Power
Registered Member

I have been dreaming of trucks more lately. A nice black F250 extended cab with a 4 inch lift. Truck box and dual CB antenni. Of course its 4 wheel drive. And automatic. And diamond plate bedrails. and......and.....

You get the idea. I'm a hick......i know.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 02:10 PM   #7
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury:
TONS, I mean TONS of my dreams involve cars. I've had some might strange ones to.

I had a dream that I got a AC Cobra 427 s/c. I was so happy. Me and my girl were driving down this road and bumped into some friends. We went out to eat and when we came back out of the restraunt, my car had deflated. I remember saying "Oh NO, I've been ripped off, I got one of those cheap inflatable replicas." The body on teh car was inflatable.

So in my dream i had to patch my cars body and re inflate it. Then the body blew out while driving down the street.

Had two dreams like that.

And another one I remember was that I had gotten a 68 1/2 Mustang Fastback with the 428 Cobra Jet, me and my friend went to go cruising so we hopped in. I bragged about having so much power. I cranked the car and it spun tires in Nuetral, or park while cranking it up it had so much power Dont ask.

Also had a dream I stole (well took for a joy ride) a 66 ragtop and went cruising in it.

Had a dream about my old mustang. I got up and looked out the window to see two figures sitting in it. It was night so I was squinting, then the interior lights came on and it was two decaying corpses in my trying to put the seat belts on. They looked like me and my girlfriend at the time, Diane. They saw me looking at them and told me to never forget to buckle up.

THere are so many more, but I better end my post now before I get carried away.

Geez merc.....you ever been checked out by a...uh....professional?

Old 07-03-2001, 09:42 PM   #8
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
...We went out to eat and when we came back out of the restraunt, my car had deflated. I remember saying "Oh NO, I've been ripped off, I got one of those cheap inflatable replicas." The body on teh car was inflatable.

So in my dream i had to patch my cars body and re inflate it. Then the body blew out while driving down the street...

...I cranked the car and it spun tires in Nuetral, or park while cranking it up it had so much power Dont ask.

...THere are so many more, but I better end my post now before I get carried away.

LOL. Aaaaahhhhhaaaaaaah haaa.

So that's where you get your inspiration from for your short stories. ..an inflatable car, oh my. That tops any dream I've had.

-----------------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to
Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left
thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:17 AM   #9
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Hmm is it bad that I don't recall ever dreaming about cars? I mean like night-time dreaming. I daydream ALL the time, and think about my Mustang and doing things to it all day, so maybe my brain gives itself a brake at night. I think I have finally figured out what I want to do with this car and it doesn't involve anything I can't do myself for once Excellent thread.

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:50 AM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Actually, my dreams are the inspiration behind most of my ArtWork (Most of it is dreary and dark, except my automobile related peices) and my stories.

The coolest CAR dream I've ever had I'm trying to make it into a story (kinda like Christine, but substationally diffrent) or I'm thinking about trying to make it into a cartoon (NOT A KIDS CARTOON, More like Anime, nitty gritty stuff) But I lack the equipment and time to make a cartoon. I though about trying my hand at Computer animation.

It was one of the very few dreams that never involved me. Its was awesome, thats all I can really say, I think it would make one Kick A$$, supernatural, Suspense, car movies.

How come everyone I know says I need to get checked by a shrink.....Read my last post in Tired of LIFE, And things going Wrong. That might give you all a glimpse.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:02 PM   #11
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

I dream about cars all the time too. Mostly day dreaming, so far i have completely built about 4 different cars in my head. Either mustangs, or volvos with blown/turboed windsors in them . Oh well, some day. Light Em Up!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:10 PM   #12
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
How come everyone I know says I need to get checked by a shrink.....Read my last post in Tired of LIFE, And things going Wrong. That might give you all a glimpse.
Hey bro, I was just razzing ya a bit. We all have a few skeletons in the closet and everybody has things go wrong. My bad if I hit a nerve, I didn't mean anything serious by it at all.

On another note, are you any good with flash? I have an awesome idea for a rice burner flash cartoon but I lack the flash skills as of right now. Just an idea to maybe at least get your idea into some form of animation.

Old 07-04-2001, 01:53 PM   #13
429mustang
Registered Member

I kept having dreams after I messed up my motor in my mustang. Last night I had a dream I got my 85 astrovan (astrohell) running, although the engine still knocked and it didn't even seem like my van. Cars are always messed up in dreams, once I had a dream I had an 87 Grand National, but it had ugly tan leather interior with a bench seat-it was sick.

------------------
86 Mustang GT w/pretty stock 93 5.0 (cam,pulleys,injectors, throttlebody,h-pipe)
Motor to be swapped for a 1970 429 +.030, ported heads, solid roller cam, victor intake, 10.2:1 comp, C-6 trans, 3:73 rearend W/moser axles
429mustang is offline   Reply With Quote