MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-31-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Just want to vent a little.

I have a friend of mine that runs a Camaro and Firebird shop, and for now I am working with them. For the longest time I have been trying to start my own shop, and since they have NO interest in Mustangs, I thought asking them for advice wouldn't be a bad idea.

Anyway, I offered to build a web site and run it, if they would back me as a silent partner, and so on, until I could be independant. They kicked it around and came back with a counter offer. Tell me what you think of this:

They would give me the web space I needed to get the site off the ground, and I would set up all the accounts, manage the site, take all the orders and so on so forth. Here's the kicker, I would STILL be concidered an employee, and I would only get 10% of the profits, and they would own the company name and all that jazz.

Here's the problem. Since I have started selling a few things, mainly MAC products and such, they have started offering MAC products........for Mustangs. It's enough to piss ya off, ain't it?

Great friends, huh? I should be so lucky to havve them.

Later.
John
Old 07-31-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

That sucks. Any way you can get a business loan to get yourself off the ground and get away from these jerks?
Burn down their shop and don't leave any hoof prints at the scene.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Don't stand for that. Sounds like you're getting the ol' broom handle up the arse. Don't take that deal. Come up with the money or another backer on your own. You will get screwed if you take what they offer. All they have to do is fire you, and they have all your profits. Don't do anything unless it's setup the way you want it and in writing.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Just to give you an idea of how the operation works with these people, here's a link for you to check out the owner's wife's Dyno Day. Prepare to laugh your *** off.

This was the first dyno session I did not attend, btw.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...threadid=14726
Old 08-02-2003, 03:53 PM   #5
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra
Just to give you an idea of how the operation works with these people, here's a link for you to check out the owner's wife's Dyno Day. Prepare to laugh your *** off.

This was the first dyno session I did not attend, btw.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...threadid=14726
I dont think I'd buy toilet paper from those people, much less work with them (or even joins them as partners) in a performance environment. What a bunch of schmucks.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:18 AM   #6
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Just want to vent a little.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra
Here's the problem. Since I have started selling a few things, mainly MAC products and such, they have started offering MAC products........for Mustangs. It's enough to piss ya off, ain't it?

Later.
John
Thats just Bidness bud .... its a dog fight in a free enterprise system, it always has been and always will be. They are trying to bend you over ... what you gotta do is just play dumb ... smile at em and start thinkin of ways to bend them over first, (legally of course) and when you find it, don't think twice ... bend em over and give it to em long and hard and dry
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:04 AM   #7
hoofbeat
Registered Member

what is the name of the shop, im in charlotte.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #8
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Ijust want to clarify a few things I left out of the other post. I'm not knocking the owners for the Dyno mishap, things happen, straps break, whatever. I was mearly pointing out that karma comes back at ya sometimes. I don't know, nor do I care if they read this, I just don't want you guys thinking all I do is get on here and flame other people. I wouldn't want people doing that to me, so I don't do it to others.

Anyway, I'm not going to give out the shop name either. Call it professional curtiosy(sp?) or whatever. Anyway, later all.

John