MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-08-2001, 09:39 AM   #1
PKRWUD

Post No offense, but SCREW YOU, DALLAS!!!

Some little prick from Dallas named Gary Kusin became the President of Kinko's last August, and has decided to relocate their corporate headquarters from our little beach town where it's always been, to Dallas. It seems he is the only one in the company that is pleased with the idea. Kinko's executives even went as far as to ask Ventura city officials to try and pass measures that would prevent a move, but Kusin was too fast. He announced tuesday that he already signed a lease in Dallas, and expects to begin moving by January. Why do I care if this little prick takes Kinko's? Because we're going to lose 1000 local jobs. Our economy is actually doing well, but why screw with it.

I can't help but wonder if this is someones way at getting back at us for becoming the Dallas Cowboys' new summer training facility.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 12:29 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Unhappy

well pkrwud with the uuhhmm boy's trainig there then there should be plenty of dope for everybody,sorry just a jk,that really sux when a corp gives one jerk control over a lot of peoples lives & they dont give a sh-t what happen's to the one's they effecti hope he get's the axe one day & see's how it feel's. see ya ,marty.oh yeah i will probably catch hel- from cowboy's fan's well go raider's

------------------
2000gt black,broke a$$ street racing!the last rebel!

[This message has been edited by crazy horse gt (edited 11-08-2001).]
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Odessa lost 20,000 good paying jobs last year when the oil price dropped.

Texaco moved everything to Houston and laid off 8,000 people.

Instead of screw Dallas how about.

SCREW GARY KUSIN!!!!

Hopefully those 1,000 people will be able to recover.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #4
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Does anybody notice PKRWUD seems like an engineer, philosopher an economist all rolled into one?
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 07:59 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

And don't forget that he always wants to go sideways around corners and that none of his tires are the same size.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 08:39 PM   #6
rbatson

LOL@REV! You're cracking me up!

I hear ya Chris, they are laying off around here like crazy! First it was DuPont, then Corning, now GE. GE aircraft division, noone wants to fly so Boeing doesn't need as many engines built. Its the trickle down effect around here. I'm just lucky I've been at the same job for so many years. It would have to be one hell of a big lay off for me to be out of work. All I have to worry about is that z06 owning boss of mine firing me because he knows I'd smoke him .. thank goodness I'm in the union..
Old 11-08-2001, 09:07 PM   #7
PKRWUD

Rick-
It just pisses me off because he's doing it for himself, not for the company. I own my own business, so I don't have to worry too much about getting laid off, but when my customers lose their jobs, fixing their cars, or building their toys, doesn't become a priority anymore, and I lose money. i've been fukked up with this ankle since August, and have been living off of my bank account, which is dwindling, and with the holidays coming up, this is just a really crappy time to unemploy 1000 locals. That may sound selfish, but I mean it for them, too.

Rev-
I haven't laughed that hard since reading your suggestion about rope smoking!

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 11-08-2001, 09:23 PM   #8
Rev
Registered Member

Chris, on a serious note, I can completely empathize with you about local economy. I too own and operate my own business. In '82 or there abouts the economy in Houston all but died. Many of my patients (dental) were living off the wife's secretary salary for a family of 4. No money for dentists. I almost died financially. Even tried to sell the worn out '66 Stang out of the garage for $1000. Fortunately, there were no takers and 13 years later I modded the hell out of it. Believe me, I know what you're saying about the economy, locally and nationally. I'm thinking recovery in spring of '02. With my opinion and $1.50, you can get a decent cup of coffee.

Rev

[This message has been edited by Rev (edited 11-08-2001).]
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 11:39 PM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Wow that sucks. what an a hole he is going to make 1,000 ppl lose thier jobs all over nothing. That is really messed up. someone needs to kick his little prick butt.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 12:24 AM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Red face

Even the more difficult times are being felt here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Rising unemployment and less available jobs has certainly made things a little difficult. Even more difficult is budget cutbacks that are normal for this time of year. When we start approaching the end of year budgets get tight and people lose jobs or new jobs aren't made available. Couple that with our currently weak economy and you have a pretty harsh climate for those who are out of work.

The good news is that stocks are rebounding and I feel the Microsoft decision will help the tech sector as a whole. Once stocks begin to jump back up and people notice their 401k plans growing instead of shrinking I think spending will come back around.

For the holiday season I think there is some really cool new technology in the tech industry hitting the shelfs. Hopefully the ultra low interest rates will help new car sales and money spent on cars could hold down the seemingly out of control inflation in housing costs. The rising cost of housing along with the slowdown in the economy has finally slowed house sales here in the metro. The cost of a house priced at say 120k has risen to about 200k in the last two years here. Lower gas prices should begin to effect rent and homeowner bills in a good way, and put more money into the motorized winter sports and provide an increase in travel due to super low rates in the airline industry. Of course people will have to begin to trust airtravel again, and these moronic airports need to pull their heads out of the sand to make airports a public operation instead of a military camp. I think putting that money back into people's pockets along with low interest rates and a rebounding stock market could begin an upward trend for the holiday spending cycle. I don't expect an instantaneous recovery by any means, but a couple postive indicators and some good news in peoples 401k accounts could begin a swift upserge in spending. Let's hope for the best on that.

I can certainly empathize with you PKRWUD. The ******* morons here on the Met Council and in our legislature have made it so hard on business in this state. It's unreal. Minnesota used to have one of the highest per capita populations of Fortune 500 companies in the US, but it's falling fast due to excessive taxing and property value controlled by those frickin morons at the Met Council. They are basing their expansion plans for the Twin Cities on Portland, OR. Only problem is, Portland is BOXED IN. Totally fucked up, totally unnecessary, and totally irresponsible. That from the only council that I know of which is appointed, not elected. So just like you, we've lost very good business, and it's hurt our economy. Good thing we have the 3rd largest tech industry in the country here. Even when the market is down, some part of the industry is up.

Good luck, man!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 10:02 PM   #11
PKRWUD

I realize that the whole country is suffering from a slowing economy, with job cutbacks and plant closings, but this little dickweed just wants to move the companies headquarters closer to his home. In all fairness, they did offer the top 300 positions in the company the opportunity to retain their jobs, but they would have to move to Dallas, and pay for the move themselves.

I guess it could be worse. Other company headquarters within 10 miles of my front door include Wilwood (brakes), Paxton (blowers), ARP (fasteners), JAZ (safety equipment and fuel cells), Borla (exhaust) and Vortech (better blowers). I guess I'd rather lose a printing company than any of those. I still feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs for no real reason.

Rev-
What is it with you dentists and racing??? We've got three dentists who race regularly at our local track (Ventura Raceway at Seaside Park), including one who drives a Sprint car! Must have something to do with nitrous.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

[This message has been edited by PKRWUD (edited 11-09-2001).]
Old 11-09-2001, 11:07 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Yeah, well at least you haven't lost a hockey team, and probably a football team shortly, to the folks in the 2nd largest state in the US.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:16 PM   #13
rbatson

err.. nevermind...[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 11-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 11-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 11-09-2001).]
Old 11-09-2001, 11:33 PM   #14
PKRWUD

Rick-
You're too quick. I was going to give you crap about forgetting Alaska, but by the time I got back from the fridge, you had corrected it! Sneaky.

Unit-
What baseball team did we take from you? We already have 5, which is more than enough.

I used to have an old Northstars jersey, but I haven't seen it in years. I've always been a Flyers fan, which meant hating the Islanders. Seeing as they (Islanders) are doing so well this year, I'm ignoring hockey. As for the Kings, give me a break. You have to drive for an hour and a half in winter to find a naturally frozen pond around here. We don't deserve a hockey team (which is why we have the Kings). I won't even start about how Florida got theirs.

My Packers are going to beat Chicago on Sunday and the Raiders in the Super Bowl (just like I said 3 months ago), so you don't have to worry about the Vikes, or any other NFC central team.

California has 3 NFL football teams, including 2 in the bay area, yet those of us in or near L.A. have none, so I can feel for you that way, kinda. I mean, we have had two in the last 10 years, but Al Davis screwed us and the Raiders left, and the Rams, well, no one really cared that they left. But I do feel for you.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 11-09-2001, 11:37 PM   #15
PKRWUD

I think MW must be generating brain farts.

Rick, I give up.

Unit, I was thinking you said we took the Twins. Are you saying that the Vikes are going to move here? I know L.A. wants another team, but I hadn't heard about the Vikes. What's up?

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 11-09-2001, 11:44 PM   #16
rbatson

Talking

What's up is... You aren't in the 2nd largest state!! Bonehead!! LOL!!
Old 11-09-2001, 11:57 PM   #17
rbatson

Alaska, tx, cali ..... thats the order lol!!
BTW.. that extreme song is cool!
Staind is the ****!! Man they rock, I gotta see them in concert!

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 11-10-2001).]
Old 11-10-2001, 12:16 AM   #18
PKRWUD

Depends on what you are measuring by.

Seeing as Alaska doesn't have any professional sports teams, I presumed he meant the lower 48. Bonelesshead.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 11-10-2001, 12:51 AM   #19
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Brain farts forgiven.

I'm talking about TX!!!!!! (2nd Largest state, yes?)

Now known as the Dallas Stars and soon to be the San Antonio Vikings if McCombs gets his chance that will suck *** .
Old 11-10-2001, 05:36 AM   #20
PKRWUD

Hi. My name is Chris. I fix cars. I don't seem to know much else.

Okay. I get it now.

Rick, you're still a bonelesshead.

Unit, what the hell does texas need with another football team? Aren't they getting the next expansion team? I'm starting to really not like Texas.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

[This message has been edited by PKRWUD (edited 11-10-2001).]