MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-05-2004, 06:43 PM   #41
CupCake
Registered Member

Thumbs up Awesome!

WOW! That is really cool! I am glad president Bush takes the time to meet people that do so much good in society. Please post pics if you want to. I will post some too. I was able to go to Charlotte, NC when president Bush talked there. It was very cool, eventhough I was not very close I could still see him and hear him talk, very good speaker.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM   #42
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

xxxBlakexxx,

Congratulations! I know you will have a very exciting and rewarding time.

I had the opportunity to meet Bush twice while he was governor of TX. I grew up next to former Texas speaker of the house Pete Laney, and Bush and Pete (who is a Democrat) are very close friends. They were able to work cooperatively in Texas to foster a bi-partisan atmosphere that would be hard pressed to be found anywhere else in the United States. Pete and Bush worked better together than Bush and his then-second-in-command Rick Perry (who, in MHO is a petty little republican media hog).

I met Bush once at the capital while touring with a local jazz band in Austin, and the second time was at a highschool football game in my 2A hometown when Pete invited him out. He's a very down to earth and straight to the point kind of man. Most people who grew up in West Texas are. I think that is one of the reasons he came off looking so bad in the debates. He would answer the questions, and then the moderators would ask, "but what about ____," or "but what if this...." His frustration started to show when he would answer the question, and nobody seemed to want to hear the answer he gave. All the while, they let Kerry dance around his answers for almost thirty minutes while not saying a single concrete thing.

Anyway, have a good time at your meeting. I wish you well, and thank you for your work with children. May God bless you and yours.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote