MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-25-2004, 04:01 AM   #1
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Unhappy hi i'm crazy horse & i'm a raceaholic

god, i'm an idiot, went out tonight & had a great time with my new g/f, which is another story, but a guy who lives in the same small town that i live in, pull's up to me at a redlight in the city, well, he jack's his fox on my 95 vert, well we went at it, next thing i know he let off, i thought he broke something, i stopped at the next light, a cop pull's up, doh!!! he point's at me, i roll my window down, he said pull over here, NOW!, yes sir, well, i'm screwed, i pull in the wally world parking lot, along with the other stang. busted!!!!!!!! gotta say i was aqbout to crap, he took our liscense, i now own a fat speeding ticket, 80 in a 50, i'm done with street racin, at least he was cool he didnt cite us for racing or reckless driving, if i had got a drag racing ticket, good bye liscense & goodbye job!
lesson learned, take that chit to the strip,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

I am sooo with you. I got a seatbelt ticket instead of a 102 in a 55. I`m the same way, bye-bye CDL/job. The state cop was way too cool. I`m done with the street too.

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Default Hear you

I hear what you'all are saying. They've made street racing a class C misdemeanor now here in Texas. That means possible, jail time, car seizure, etc. if the judge wants to push the envelope. I still do it some (just can't help myself sometimes), but I try to be damned careful about it.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe

Last edited by Rev; 09-25-2004 at 05:42 PM..
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Street Racing and the Fear Factor

I've had more street races than I can remember but I just don't bother anymore. Too few interesting challenges, for one. With a near-stock, low-14-second Mustang 5.0, ricers are a bore to 'race' and the real muscle cars all run well down in the 13's and can blow me off at will. Even so, I might still be game for a race now and then but it's the Cop Factor that really killed my interest in street racing. That, along with the danger of going insane speeds on a public highway where anything could happen and if it did, I would either be totally culpable - or dead - or probably both. Even if I never had an accident while street racing, a cop could nail me at any time, as happened to me some years ago.

I had a big fat ticket for speeding and another for reckless driving. Worse yet, my car was towed and impounded. So, I paid big bucks to get my car out of the impound plus the tow fee. In court I bargained away the reckless driving charge to a lane-change infraction and paid a big speeding fine. No fun at all. That cooled me off for quite awhile but eventually temptation reared her head and I was racing again, although far less frequently.

I got away with it but was always scared to death of seeing those red and blue roof lights in my rear-view mirror every time I raced. That tended to spoil the momentary fun of racing and of course the Fear Factor of someone pulling in front of me while I'm doing 100 mph or better never quite left, either. Eventually, as races got scarce and I matured a bit more I just lost the desire to race every jerk who revs at me at a light, which isn't all that often, anyway. I don't even acknowledge ricers and, as I noted, the Big Boys in the Mustang Cobras and hot Camaros are way out of my et league and I won't humiliate myself by attempting to race what I can never beat. So, for me, street racing is pretty much a thing of the past.

I'm sorry you were ticketed Crazy Horse and I hope you might be able to plead it down a bit. In any case, once this happens and you've been street racing for years, anyway, as we have, it's usually a good sign that it's time to call it off. Just enjoy the 'Stang and save the racing for the track, if you really need to race at all.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: Street Racing and the Fear Factor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Just enjoy the 'Stang and save the racing for the track, if you really need to race at all.
I totally agree. It's just seems that sometimes on the street somebody in a fairly equivalent car revs and I just can't help myself if its in a relatively safe place. I know its never really completely safe, but I still will do it occasionally if the circumstances are favorable. I could get nailed to the wall if anything went wrong. I pray that it won't ever happen.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 09-26-2004, 01:06 PM   #6
Capri306

I'm with you guys. The tickets and getting chased every time I went into town after dark got to be a little risky for my insurance. I think it was 'a sign' when my Mustang's transmission broke while racing on I-75 last fall. Now that I'm driving an older Accord, street racing is out of the question! Still, I long for the ol' 5.0 whenever I see a Mustang or Camaro on the street here in Grand Rapids.

I can't wait to get the blown 408 project underway!!! Probably should wait until I'm finished with school though, huh?

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:08 AM   #7
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool hey Marty

I did not even read this thread. lol Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you, and to say HIGH~
lol.
Hope you are doing okay,
I miss ya.
CC

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
b055
Registered Member

sorry to hear that marty!!!!! but at least it wasnt as bad as it could be...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #9
Rev
Registered Member

Good to see TNT here again. Marty and I (OBC'ers) need someone to keep us honest, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 09-30-2004, 09:42 PM   #10
rwhite65
Ride Hard

there is just something ...about the adrenaline dump of a street race....I had to hang my street racing hat up a long time ago when I picked my profession.....but every once in a while....I still entertain the idea for just a brief moment
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote