MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default My bad day.......er week

Ok my car is dead. I mean dead. I killed it today. Completely and totally deceased. Let me back up.

Last Thursday after work my car's carb decided to blow the power valve or somthing. Anyway, I made it back to work and took the carb off, rebuilt it, and set it back on the car. No big deal. Yeah, not so much...as it turns out the ignition control module also went out. agian, no biggie, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. The is not an ignition control module on my car anywhere. <fast forward to yesterday>

I got a couple of friends to help me look at this car and figure out why I have no spark. Well, this is when we started looking for the module. No such luck. I even pulled the motor. Nada. Well, time ran out yesterday, so on to today. I got off work and went to work on my car. I pressure washed the engine bay, pulled the intake and heads for some very mild porting. BTW, are the D8OA heads any good?

Well, at this point everyone I know is messing with me. (I also quit smoking on Saturday at 11:30pm, and am a little on edge.) Telling me I should be messing with the car and I should just sell it or part it out, or the I shouldn't spend the money to fix a Ford and so on and so on. I was kinda ok with it up till my girlfriend tells me that I don't have to money to do valve seals, ignition box, valve work, and the like. She got all pissy about something, or I thought she did, and stormed off. I got really upset and threw both heads as hard as I could into the top of my tranny, busting the case, and damaging whatever inside it.

Now, I'm not defending my actions, I should not have done that, but I am tired of that car and dumping money into it. Money I don't have. I'm tired of people giveing me crap about how much of a piece it is. So the easiest way to shut people up so I don't have to hear anything is to part the bitch out. So...outside of the heads and tranny, anyone need anything? Short block? Fender? Bumper Cover? Seats, dash, and so on? If you need it let me know. I am no longer playing the mustang thing. I am now done forever. I never want to own another one again. 2005 or otherwise. I'm going to get me a bicycle or moped and say to hell with everyone else. <flipping the finger>

Later.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:46 PM   #2
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Man, I feel for ya. I quit smoking nearly 2 months ago. Cold turkey. That first week to 10 days is the worst let me tell ya (as if you haven't already figured that out). When I was younger people used to tell me about sinking money into a worthless old ford. But when I spanked that ass on the road, they'd shut the ---- up. I still get mad and have my fits just like you did with the heads. But it will get better, trust me. Just tell them people to back OFF. Well, it worked for me anyway. Keep your chin up.

On a side note, it probably was the ignition module. And there is one on your car. Should be on the fender. I hate to hear of anyone giving up on a mustang, especially the way you have. I just hope I don't hear you are on the road in some riced out fwd car or a camaro.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Hate to hear this. The problems usually are something simple....it is just tracking them down that is a pain.

While I didn't destroy my Mustang in the process, I did sell it this summer. I have not missed it as much as I thought I would, but I definitely have my days. But, I know I'll need another Stang one day. Stomping the pedal on the Contour just makes me miss the power the Mustang had.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:50 PM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Quote:
On a side note, it probably was the ignition module. And there is one on your car. Should be on the fender. I hate to hear of anyone giving up on a mustang, especially the way you have. I just hope I don't hear you are on the road in some riced out fwd car or a camaro.

There really isn't a module. There isn't anything on the fenders, inside or out. Nothing on the firewall, nothing in the driver's conpartment. Nothing I tell you, nothing! Trust me. I jerked the motor out the other day and looked every where.

I'll never drive a pos Fwd ricer, or a Camaro. Even though a few weeks ago I told a buddy of mine that I would trade him for a Camaro or FireChicken that he had. He didn't bite on that though. Oh well. I am going to get a bike or something and call it a day, or whatever.

I really snapped yesterday, and I shouldn't done that, but what's done is done.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #5
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

So did someone convert it to points?
Quote:
I really snapped yesterday, and I shouldn't done that, but what's done is done.
I hate it when I have to say that. Then I get mad at myself for getting mad.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:31 AM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I hate to see someone part out a good car over a minor issue. Before u think I am down playing it, let me offer u this point.

When I do a project on the car, I usually try to get a one of my buddies to be there. here is why.....usually something stupid really, really sets me off.... like a header bolt that will not start to thread, no matter what you do. About the time I throw the wrench (away from the car) my buddy will creep on over and have that thing done before I can start my next musical line of dirty words. My point? A second perspective is usually all it takes to eliminate these kind of problems.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:25 PM   #7
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Quote:
So did someone convert it to points?
No it had a Mallory Unilite. I just changed it to a Vacuum advance Electronic ignition. It's a Ford piece.

Anyway, I'm gathering what itestinal fortitude I have, and making some decisions on what to do. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet, but I'm not dead set of selling or parting it out. I may put it back together and call it a day, but who knows?

I will get rid of it if some one wants it enough though. $700 bucks should do it.

Later.