MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2001, 10:55 PM   #1
CobraFire98
Registered Member

Post 2001BMW M3: THE AWAKENING

World War Three might be at the eve of our once easy victories. That's right, I remember it well: I was cruising in my 1998 Cobra with some friends (the car was loaded and we were going to the latest Houston rage) and the golden opportunity was granted. I pulled up to the light, windows down, blarin' ZZ when I glanced over and saw a brand new (this was in 99) BMW M3...oh how I love these machines. Motor Trend and Car and Driver constantly give BMW's of any class great performance and handling praise. So there was Junior in the car dad bought for him, he had a blonde with him and I can tell that he had at least another yuppie in the back seat because he began to antagonize me. I smiled!! The light changes, and I never shifted so clean. Oh he raced all right...and he was completely humiliated in front of his woman. (She probably wanted to just die from humiliation). I mean, they DID start it...I finished it!! BUT now my glory telling days have been abruptly ended now that BMW has heard the yuppie plea for help. The new M3 can get to 60 in 4.8 seconds as BMW will claim. Well, the Cobra used to be something to brag about, but now I'm just not sure. Let this be the warning if and when you do see the newly styled Beemer pull up to you at a light...with it's mandatory manual tranny lodged in first and ready to apply the 340-345 horses to the low profiles...my prayers will be with you!!! I've always liked BMW...sign me up for the M3 in Wedgewood Blue for when I get out of Law School!!! By then I will make my Cobra a weekend warrior with 11 second potential!!!

------------------
Tony
1998 Cobra
CobraFire98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Can't wait to see what I'll be drivin' when you get out of Law School baby...

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
PonyGirl

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 02:06 PM   #3
CobraFire98
Registered Member

Well, Red...it looks like you'll get that S351 that you've wanted...in 2006!!! Or by then you might be into the classy, yet rubber-burnin' Jag XKR!!!!!
CobraFire98 is offline   Reply With Quote